RogueValleyForum.com
Cave Junction Hit and Run kills 2 Pedestrians - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Local News and Culture (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Cave Junction Hit and Run kills 2 Pedestrians (/showthread.php?tid=15627)

Cave Junction Hit and Run kills 2 Pedestrians - Prospector - 10-30-2013

Quote:Oregon State Police are investigating the early morning hit-and-run deaths of two pedestrians on Oregon 199 south of Cave Junction.

The identities of the victims, 41 and 21, were not released this morning.

The incident took place about 12:15 a.m. about two miles south of Cave Junction in Josephine County. When emergency responders arrived to find both victims had died at the scene.

Police released the following description of the suspect's vehicle: light colored, possibly beige or tan, 1980's style single-cab Toyota pickup with canopy and front end damage. The vehicle headed south after striking the pair.

Anyone with information is asked to call OSP Southern Command Center dispatch at 541-776-6111.

The road is closed while troopers investigate. Keep an eye on Tripcheck for the latest information about when the road will reopen.

-- Noelle Crombie

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northwest-news/index.ssf/2013/10/cave_junction_hit-and-run_kill.html#incart_river_default

RE: Cave Junction Hit and Run kills 2 Pedestrians - Scrapper - 10-30-2013

Quote:Police: Ore. hit-run victims were fighting in road

State police say two men killed in a hit-and-run in Southern Oregon were fighting in the road when they were struck by a pickup truck.

Authorities identified the victims Wednesday as 21-year-old Jarred Quinn Houston and 41-year-old Robert Calvin, both of Cave Junction.

Troopers say Calvin was walking with a woman along U.S. Highway 199 south of Cave Junction in the dark at around midnight Tuesday, when Houston pulled over, possibly due to a mechanical problem. The two men started arguing and were fighting in the southbound lane when they were hit by a compact pickup truck that never stopped.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Police-Ore-hit-run-victims-were-fighting-in-road-4938904.php

RE: Cave Junction Hit and Run kills 2 Pedestrians - bbqboy - 10-30-2013

natural selection?

RE: Cave Junction Hit and Run kills 2 Pedestrians - Prospector - 10-30-2013

It's shame because so many walk ( or ride bicycles) at night along the same roadway in dark clothing and it's a surprise it doesn't happen more frequently.

There's no excuse for not stopping

RE: Cave Junction Hit and Run kills 2 Pedestrians - chuck white - 10-30-2013

(10-30-2013, 12:00 PM)bbqboy Wrote: natural selection?

After reading the article, I'm with you on this one.

Fighting in the middle of the road at night. The driver probably thought he hit some kind of wildlife.

(10-30-2013, 05:41 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Fighting in the middle of the road at night. The driver probably thought he hit some kind of wildlife.

Yeah, when I first read the early report..it was still under investigation.

Fighting in the middle of the road does make one an easy target...must be fighting over the woman.

RE: Cave Junction Hit and Run kills 2 Pedestrians - chuck white - 10-30-2013

(10-30-2013, 05:46 PM)Prospector Wrote:

Fighting in the middle of the road does make one an easy target...must be fighting over the woman.

Why can't men learn to share?

(10-30-2013, 07:58 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(10-30-2013, 05:46 PM)Prospector Wrote:

Why can't men learn to share?
I guess it's because they are wired for the other way.

I just learn of a new term tonight from minister, Polyamory.
Man, I need to read more or get out more.

RE: Cave Junction Hit and Run kills 2 Pedestrians - Sidewinder - 10-30-2013

Sounds like another of those IV "all parties drunk" situations.

Darwin at work.

RE: Cave Junction Hit and Run kills 2 Pedestrians - chuck white - 10-31-2013

(10-30-2013, 08:05 PM)Sidewinder Wrote: Sounds like another of those IV "all parties drunk" situations.

Darwin at work.

I wonder if they had kids?
The Darwin award committee wants to know.