RogueValleyForum.com
Music - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Music (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

RE: Music - Juniper - 07-19-2016

(07-19-2016, 08:29 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-19-2016, 07:27 PM)Juniper Wrote: looks like I'm going to see Hollywood Vampires this Saturday. That should be a crazy mess.

I wonder how Joe Perry is doing after stumbling offstage and collapsing at a recent show?

http://tasteofcountry.com/steven-tyler-worried-joe-perry-health-scare/

God only knows. I expect J-ville to be a mess.

RE: Music - cletus1 - 07-21-2016

Give it a minute, or 2 minutes and 20 seconds. This kind of music makes me want to travel. 

RE: Music - tvguy - 07-21-2016

(07-21-2016, 05:13 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Give it a minute, or 2 minutes and 20 seconds. This kind of music makes me want to travel. 

To get away from it? LOL Just kidding. they sound OK I guess My Fe'd Up POS )_**_(&^&^%$^##$^@%^@% computer can't eevn play a stinking video without stopping waiting to load.

I guess it's time to do a total overhaul el  destructo full restoration on my PC or go buy a new one$()()!@%_87

RE: Music - Cuzz - 07-21-2016

(07-21-2016, 05:13 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Give it a minute, or 2 minutes and 20 seconds. This kind of music makes me want to travel. 

Wow!! very cool version!

RE: Music - tvguy - 07-21-2016

(07-21-2016, 05:44 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Wow!! very cool version!

OH Version
, That's what you call an electric banjo, right?

RE: Music - Cuzz - 07-21-2016

(07-21-2016, 09:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 05:44 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Wow!! very cool version!

OH Version
, That's what you call an electric banjo, right?

Sorry, that went over my head.   Neutral

RE: Music - Scrapper - 07-22-2016

Love it!

Posted via Tapatalk

RE: Music - Wonky3 - 07-22-2016

Okay, I'm that guy who started listening to "The Eagles" back in the day. Still listen from time to time and enjoy some of the cuts they did.

Until...

I caught a documentary on Netflix about them. Now I don't care if I ever hear another Eagle's song.  Sad

RE: Music - Valuesize - 07-22-2016

(07-22-2016, 09:42 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Okay, I'm that guy who started listening to "The Eagles" back in the day. Still listen from time to time and enjoy some of the cuts they did.

Until...

I caught a documentary on Netflix about them. Now I don't care if I ever hear another Eagle's song.  Sad

I wasn't a big fan, but curious what you learned that put you off.

(07-22-2016, 09:51 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 09:42 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Okay, I'm that guy who started listening to "The Eagles" back in the day. Still listen from time to time and enjoy some of the cuts they did.

Until...

They seemed to be a group of very shallow, goofy, lightweight boys who someone got connencted to a few good lyrics. Glen Frey and Don Henley wrote most of the stuff, but they too seemed less than serious.

RE: Music - tvguy - 07-22-2016

(07-22-2016, 10:14 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Until...

They seemed to be a group of very shallow, goofy, lightweight boys who someone got connencted to a few good lyrics. Glen Frey and Don Henley wrote most of the stuff, but they too seemed less than serious.

LOL why does it matter?What do you want from Rock stars.. "Less than serious"  Laughing  It's like not liking Elton John's music because he is gay.

Or not liking Michael Jackson's music because he may have been a pedophile.

Or Jerry lee Lewis because he married his 5 year old sister... what's that got to do with when you listen to Great balls of fire?

They are musicians , probably not too many are like John Locke.

RE: Music - Juniper - 07-22-2016

Until...

I don't know I saw the same documentary you saw, but the one I saw showed two egomaniacs. Glen Frey in particular. Real jerks.

RE: Music - tvguy - 07-22-2016

(07-22-2016, 12:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Until...

I don't know I saw the same documentary you saw, but the one I saw showed two egomaniacs. Glen Frey in particular. Real jerks.

Unlike all the other rock stars in the biz. I still can't see why it matters as far as the music.

Have you ever seen any documentary about about Chuck Berry? He was a world class asshole and any of the old timers who knew him would verify that.
But why do I care?

(07-22-2016, 12:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-22-2016, 12:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Until...

Unlike all the other rock stars in the biz. I still can't see why it matters as far as the music.

Have you ever seen any documentary about about Chuck Berry? He was a world class asshole and any of the old timers who knew him would verify that.
But why do I care?
Of course you are right that the music is what matters. 
But, as Tia said, I thought they (The Eagles) were jerks and when I hear them now I'm reminded, and to a tiny degree at least, it matters. Not sure whey, but it just does. (I stilll listen to "Take it to the limit" and enjoy it) 
This is true of all creative people I guess. I've enjoyed the writings of authors who I know were real messed up and goofy people. 
All things being equal, I think maybe really creative people have stuff flowing around in their minds and bodies the rest of us don't have.

Whistle a tune you have never before heard.  Wink

RE: Music - cletus1 - 07-23-2016

I just got back from the Hollywood Vampires concert at the Britt. It was was a good show, but I can only take so much of classic rock. The minute the concert started just about everone stood up so I couldn't see the stage very well. I did manage to walk up front and was able to see the performers for a song. 

I didn't see Tia, but I saw a few friends from GP there. All and all, it was a good night.  Smiling

RE: Music - Juniper - 07-24-2016

(07-23-2016, 11:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I just got back from the Hollywood Vampires concert at the Britt. It was was a good show, but I can only take so much of classic rock. The minute the concert started just about everone stood up so I couldn't see the stage very well. I did manage to walk up front and was able to see the performers for a song. 

I didn't see Tia, but I saw a few friends from GP there. All and all, it was a good night.  Smiling

As soon as the band started the crowd swarmed down to any available standing space.  It was nuts.  I had seats and good ones for all the good they did me. You can't see for the standing people; tall people seem to gravitate to any open space in front of you. I even had people elbowing me over in my paid for seat. One guy came and parked  himself in between my sister and I in our seats.  One girl pushed me over and stayed pushing me over to hold up her camera phone.  All decorum and etiquette seemed to be gone.  Even the cool giant size balloons that are meant to be volleyed through the crowds were grabbed by souvenir keepers. My daughter and guest were in the the front which essentially became the mosh pit.  Johnny threw a guitar pic that landed on  her arm and bounced off to her feet whereupon a one armed man wearing birkenstocks shoved her aside and put his foot on the pic and would not let her have it.  People were RUDE and entitled. By the end the pot smoke was thick and people were pulling off fifths.  The girl in paid seats in front of me was 86'd. I guess that's how it goes. 

Overall it was just a very high profile cover band. For once the sound was good. Not common at the Britt. Represented band members: Aerosmisth, Alice Cooper, Stone Temple Pilots, Guns and Roses and Johnny effin' Depp. Who was, super cool because he's Johnny effin' Depp. I thought Alice was great. I couldn't see much of Perry. The place was packed I don't know where everyone parks for these sold out shows.

Too bad I didn't see you, Cletus, You could have moved into my seat and been a buffer against the crowd for me!

RE: Music - cletus1 - 07-24-2016

(07-24-2016, 01:14 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-23-2016, 11:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I just got back from the Hollywood Vampires concert at the Britt. It was was a good show, but I can only take so much of classic rock. The minute the concert started just about everone stood up so I couldn't see the stage very well. I did manage to walk up front and was able to see the performers for a song. 

As soon as the band started the crowd swarmed down to any available standing space.  It was nuts.  I had seats and good ones for all the good they did me. You can't see for the standing people; tall people seem to gravitate to any open space in front of you. I even had people elbowing me over in my paid for seat. One guy came and parked  himself in between my sister and I in our seats.  One girl pushed me over and stayed pushing me over to hold up her camera phone.  All decorum and etiquette seemed to be gone.  Even the cool giant size balloons that are meant to be volleyed through the crowds were grabbed by souvenir keepers. My daughter and guest were in the the front which essentially became the mosh pit.  Johnny threw a guitar pic that landed on  her arm and bounced off to her feet whereupon a one armed man wearing birkenstocks shoved her aside and put his foot on the pic and would not let her have it.  People were RUDE and entitled. By the end the pot smoke was thick and people were pulling off fifths.  The girl in paid seats in front of me was 86'd. I guess that's how it goes. 

Overall it was just a very high profile cover band. For once the sound was good. Not common at the Britt. Represented band members: Aerosmisth, Alice Cooper, Stone Temple Pilots, Guns and Roses and Johnny effin' Depp. Who was, super cool because he's Johnny effin' Depp. I thought Alice was great. I couldn't see much of Perry. The place was packed I don't know where everyone parks for these sold out shows.

Excellent review Tia. Yes the sound was good, but it was a impossible to see anything for the reasons you describe. I was sitting on the lawn when a staff member pulled some reserved signs off a few picnic tables near me, so we sat on one near us. When the music started, people stood on tables in front of us so the only thing we could see were butts. I stayed where I was at for most of the show and only went down front to get a glimpse of the band before we left. 

The last concert I attended at the Britt was for Rebelution. I had reserved seats for that show and enjoyed it more. I cant believe people squeezed in on you guys. I was wishing I had reserved seats for the show, but now I doubt it would have mattered. I parked around 10 blocks away from the Public Parking lot then walked back and took the trolley to the entrance. I'm not in a hurry to see another concert there. 

If I had been near you, I would have been happy to buffer you against the intruders. The last Britt concert I saw you at was Michael Franti. Remember? Smiling

(07-24-2016, 10:02 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Excellent review Tia. Yes the sound was good, but it was a impossible to see anything for the reasons you describe. I was sitting on the lawn when a staff member pulled some reserved signs off a few picnic tables near me, so we sat on one near us. When the music started, people stood on tables in front of us so the only thing we could see were butts. I stayed where I was at for most of the show and only went down front to get a glimpse of the band before we left. 

The last concert I attended at the Britt was for Rebelution. I had reserved seats for that show and enjoyed it more. I cant believe people squeezed in on you guys. I was wishing I had reserved seats for the show, but now I doubt it would have mattered. I parked around 10 blocks away from the Public Parking lot then walked back and took the trolley to the entrance. I'm not in a hurry to see another concert there. 

If I had been near you, I would have been happy to buffer you against the intruders. The last Britt concert I saw you at was Michael Franti. Remember? Smiling

I do remember that. I'm not a big Britt fan.  There's an Appalachian music show coming up. I might go see that. Those mellow shows where you actually can just have a picnic and not be crowded are pleasant. But their sound usually is awful. Though, I've heard it's actually better  up on the hill.  I saw the  Decemberist last year and I was excited because I really like their music, but I was disappointed because the sound was so awful.  It was like watching them and hearing it on the radio.  Steve Miller was good when I saw him, but overall, I'm not a huge fan of the Britt and only occasionally go to shows there. I had to park out by the German place which isn't so bad, but my dodgy knees made that painful.  I think that last night was most crazy show I've been to there.

RE: Music - Wonky3 - 07-24-2016

(07-24-2016, 11:25 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-24-2016, 10:02 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

I do remember that. I'm not a big Britt fan.  There's an Appalachian music show coming up. I might go see that. Those mellow shows where you actually can just have a picnic and not be crowded are pleasant. But their sound usually is awful. Though, I've heard it's actually better  up on the hill.  I saw the  Decemberist last year and I was excited because I really like their music, but I was disappointed because the sound was so awful.  It was like watching them and hearing it on the radio.  Steve Miller was good when I saw him, but overall, I'm not a huge fan of the Britt and only occasionally go to shows there. I had to park out by the German place which isn't so bad, but my dodgy knees made that painful.  I think that last night was most crazy show I've been to there.
Britt needs to have more trained dog shows, goat roping, magic shows, sword swallowers, and dancing girls. Too much culture out there.