RogueValleyForum.com
Music - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Music (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

RE: Music - Larry - 10-29-2011

(10-29-2011, 09:55 PM)Tiamat Wrote: seriously. I did,Larry. The first time. Good song.

And I thank you, but you are not the only audience. I truly think this is an important song by an important artist. It never hurts to listen more than once.

RE: Music - Tiamat - 10-29-2011

(10-29-2011, 10:03 PM)Larry Wrote:
(10-29-2011, 09:55 PM)Tiamat Wrote: seriously. I did,Larry. The first time. Good song.

And I thank you, but you are not the only audience. I truly think this is an important song by an important artist. It never hurts to listen more than once.

True, true!Smiling

RE: Music - Larry - 10-29-2011

(10-29-2011, 10:05 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(10-29-2011, 10:03 PM)Larry Wrote:

True, true!Smiling

Goodnight princess.

RE: Music - Wonky - 10-29-2011

Me too.
Good addition to the Topic, Larry.
But, I've always felt there is something different, a bit strange, about Alice Cooper. Maybe the shape of his nose. I dunno, just something I sense. I'm real alert to this stuff.

RE: Music - Yeshuah Hamashiach - 10-29-2011

(10-29-2011, 07:50 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(10-29-2011, 07:02 PM)Larry Wrote:
(10-29-2011, 06:58 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Thinking there's never been another Janis Joplin.

And she would never make it on American Idol, either. A shame, really.

A shame indeed.
You know , this is where I really don't get it with all this TV crap. Why would anyone who was a real musical and vocal talent that reflects them finding their own way want to participate in American Idol ? Yeah back in the day much of the music was raw ,but hey , it had soul . Then along came Super Tramp and Foreigner who are textbook business investment bands and it was downhill from there. It is a shame American Idol even exists. What we need today are more people playing music for the sake of playing music and not for big money and unnecessary amounts of fame . If there were more good non electric musicians out and about creating harmony instead of occupying and breaking the law doing so things would be much better. Great Cooper song Larry .

RE: Music - BeerMe - 10-29-2011

Some old skool non violent rap. The lyrics were so much fun if you listen....

You ever a friends house to eat and the food just ain't no good.....

People say you look like MC Hammer on crack Humpty!

Just say no to the white stuff....

RE: Music - illcommandante - 10-30-2011

I found The Decemberists? on Austin City Limits, last night. Amazing melody lines. With Gillian Welch and David Rawlings joining in. Rawlings looked pretty natural with a Strat, instead of that old F-Hole. I think maybe them two are lookin' at rockin' us a little. How cool.

RE: Music - Valuesize - 10-30-2011

(10-30-2011, 10:17 AM)illcommandante Wrote: I found The Decemberists? on Austin City Limits, last night. Amazing melody lines. With Gillian Welch and David Rawlings joining in. Rawlings looked pretty natural with a Strat, instead of that old F-Hole. I think maybe them two are lookin' at rockin' us a little. How cool.

Cool. Big Grin

RE: Music - Tiamat - 10-30-2011

Yes, I like the Decemberists.

RE: Music - Scrapper - 10-31-2011

Love every second of this...

RE: Music - tvguy - 10-31-2011

(10-29-2011, 06:58 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Thinking there's never been another Janis Joplin.

A shame indeed.

What makes you two so sure of that? because Janice was not a beauty?

This girl Fantasia Barrino won American Idol, is she a beauty? ..

[Image: fantasia-barrino-haircut.jpg]

Or what about this guy who won Reuben Studdard , did he win based on his good looks?..........

[Image: ruben-studdard-american-idol-2009.jpg]

Janice was no raving beauty but I never thought her looks were so bad.

[Image: janis_joplin.jpg]

(10-29-2011, 10:13 PM)Wonky Wrote:

Me too.
Good addition to the Topic, Larry.
But, I've always felt there is something different, a bit strange, about Alice Cooper. Maybe the shape of his nose. I dunno, just something I sense. I'm real alert to this stuff.

I listened Larry. It was pretty good once it got past that GOD DAMNED synthesized voice crap that so many people think is cool???
Anyway I like Alice. He is an excellent disc jockey very knowledgeable and witty.

RE: Music - Larry - 10-31-2011

(10-31-2011, 10:12 AM)tvguy Wrote:

A shame indeed.

What makes you two so sure of that? because Janice was not a beauty?

This girl Fantasia Barrino won American Idol, is she a beauty? ..

[Image: fantasia-barrino-haircut.jpg]

Or what about this guy who won Reuben Studdard , did he win based on his good looks?..........

[Image: ruben-studdard-american-idol-2009.jpg]

Janice was no raving beauty but I never thought her looks were so bad.

[Image: janis_joplin.jpg]

Hey, I wasn't even considering "looks". Her raspy vocals simply would never get her past round one on the stupid show.

RE: Music - Wonky - 10-31-2011

Actually, that's a pretty good photo of Janice.

Sad. Beyond sad. Every time she took the stage she left it all there, gave everything she had. I passed up several chances to see her live, and didn't. I regret it now but even on video one feels the energy she brought.

Pearl, you gave it all. We will remember, but wish you had saved yourself.

RE: Music - cletus1 - 10-31-2011

What the hell does a face have to do with music?
Stage presence I understand, but music is sound. [redacted]

RE: Music - illcommandante - 10-31-2011

It took an Idol contestant to finally equal Joplin on her own material. But, maybe there's a little more to it. In Heaven we should chain Hendrix and Jopin up, and make them produce until they deliver what they cheated us out of.

(10-31-2011, 08:52 PM)cletus1 Wrote: What the hell does a face have to do with music?
Stage presence I understand, but music is sound. [redacted]

Well dude ever since music vids came out for some reason a hell of a lot of singers. (Especially the womens) suddenly for some reason were drop dead gorgeous.
That way even if you didn't like the singing you might watch anyhow.

RE: Music - Crone - 10-31-2011

I've never heard this woman live, but a good friend feels this woman is very close to Janis...I reserve judgement, I have to see someone live. (or, at least, a professionally mixed studio album)

RE: Music - Crone - 10-31-2011

(10-31-2011, 09:17 PM)illcommandante Wrote: It took an Idol contestant to finally equal Joplin on her own material. But, maybe there's a little more to it. In Heaven we should chain Hendrix and Jopin up, and make them produce until they deliver what they cheated us out of.

What the HELL, illcommandante?

Maybe they gave too much, too soon!

RE: Music - cletus1 - 10-31-2011