RogueValleyForum.com
Music - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Music (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

RE: Music - Willie Krash - 11-01-2011

Thanks Ham for the Brenda Russell.
I'll raise ya one black coffee. little gal with a big voice. Truly a marvel, Pat Suzuki. Double feature,

Black Coffee

And DADDY !!! Oh my!

I have a signed Pat Suzuki album in the archives.

RE: Music - Willie Krash - 11-01-2011

And not to let it go in the pure sex dept, April Stevens...

And of course, (audio out of sync.)

RE: Music - tvguy - 11-02-2011

You're seriousRazz OK OK I know we shouldn't laugh at what other people like, but this one? I'm laughingLaughingLaughing OK with you and not at you?Smiling

The funny thing is that a lot of the reasons we like songs don't really have much to do with the song but rather where we were and what we were doing when we heard the song.
It's about the memories.

I'm fond of lots of songs that other people would thing are odd. As a boy I loved Marty Robbins western gunfighter songs. Jimmy Dean, Big bad John. Elvis. Petula Clark, The Beatles , Dave Clark five, Roy Clark. Roy Orbison, And plenty of corny songs that I can't think of now.
Then I started playing electric guitar and it was Eric Clapton, Peter Green, the stones, Eric burden, Roy Buchanan, John Mayall, BB King, Buddy Guy, Alvin Lee, Joe Walsh, The Band, Credence and just about any popular rock and roll Bands for that Era. Today I'm for the most part stuck in the 70's Joe Bonnamassa who I love is relatively new and an amazing guitarist plays a style that his dads 70's music influenced.

(11-01-2011, 10:33 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: And not to let it go in the pure sex dept, April Stevens...

RE: Music - Willie Krash - 11-02-2011

(11-02-2011, 11:54 AM)tvguy Wrote: You're seriousRazz OK OK I know we shouldn't laugh at what other people like, but this one? I'm laughingLaughingLaughing OK with you and not at you?Smiling

The funny thing is that a lot of the reasons we like songs don't really have much to do with the song but rather where we were and what we were doing when we heard the song.
It's about the memories.

I'm fond of lots of songs that other people would thing are odd. As a boy I loved Marty Robbins western gunfighter songs. Jimmy Dean, Big bad John. Elvis. Petula Clark, The Beatles , Dave Clark five, Roy Clark. Roy Orbison, And plenty of corny songs that I can't think of now.
Then I started playing electric guitar and it was Eric Clapton, Peter Green, the stones, Eric burden, Roy Buchanan, John Mayall, BB King, Buddy Guy, Alvin Lee, Joe Walsh, The Band, Credence and just about any popular rock and roll Bands for that Era. Today I'm for the most part stuck in the 70's Joe Bonnamassa who I love is relatively new and an amazing guitarist plays a style that his dads 70's music influenced.

(11-01-2011, 10:33 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: And not to let it go in the pure sex dept, April Stevens...

You can laugh at me anytime you want and music is to a great extent memories. It is just too subjective, like politics. How can you think/like that.
I suffer from Cletus syndrome, Stevens looked better the older she got and that voice. Pat Suzuki and that big band sound.
Jimmy Dean...Yes! Died and gone to hillbilly heaven. You seem to like people I like.

John Mayall a favorite and Buddy Guy better than most people know. Alvin Lee amazing and Joe Walsh you bet, The James Gang Rides Again.

Damn TV one big hat tip to you. I like all on your list.

Always liked The Stones and the Jimmie Reed influence was there..
BTW, Hank Williams Sr. Man I can moan the blues with that guy.
Did I post Oh Well? Speaking of Peter Green.

Oh well, yes indeed. I forgot to mention the old Fleetwood Mac with Jereme Spencer. I love that stuff. I've has a lot of people say NO WAY THAT'S NOT FLEETWOOD MAC!!! when I played black Magic womanLaughing OH well whatayagunnado

I can't believe I left out SRV , Hendrix when I posted about favorite guitar players and music.

Don't let me down, Teevee. You had to like Loan me a dime with Boz and Duane.
Thanks for the memories.

Did I get two song titles in that post? Or three?

(11-02-2011, 04:21 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: Don't let me down, Teevee. You had to like Loan me a dime with Boz and Duane.
Yeah I saved that oneBig Grin

Thanks for the memories.

Did I get two song titles in that post?

RE: Music - imaham - 11-02-2011

Quote:The James Gang Rides Again.

I actually still have that one in vinyl Willie, along with "Fire and Water that came out about the same time by Free. "Alright Now" was probably their most famous song and they only lasted for a few years....maybe 5. Paul Rodgers went on to join Bad Company.

(11-02-2011, 04:41 PM)imaham Wrote:

I actually still have that one in vinyl Willie, along with "Fire and Water that came out about the same time by Free. "Alright Now" was probably their most famous song and they only lasted for a few years....maybe 5. Paul Rodgers went on to join Bad Company.

So in a bygone vernacular you were a "head" too?Smiling

RE: Music - Yeshuah Hamashiach - 11-02-2011

See the breaking glass
In the underpass
See the breaking glass
In the underpass
Warm leatherette

Hear the crushing steel
Feel the steering wheel
Hear the crushing steel
Feel the steering wheel

Warm leatherette

Warm leatherette

Warm leatherette
Melts on your burning flesh
You can see your reflection
In the luminescent dash

Warm leatherette

A tear of petrol
Is in your eye
The hand brake
Penetrates your thigh
Quick - Let's make love
Before you die

On warm leatherette
Warm leatherette

Warm leatherette
Warm leatherette
Warm leatherette

Join the car crash set

(11-02-2011, 04:41 PM)imaham Wrote:

That's a great album. I used to have it. Maybe I still do I have lots of rock and roll albums stored, about 6 feet of themBig Grin
I remember thinking it was amazing that I like every single song on that album. That doesn't happen much.

RE: Music - cletus1 - 11-02-2011

Nice Autum Video. Happy Fall.

RE: Music - Valuesize - 11-02-2011

It's (almost) Raining AgainBig Grin

RE: Music - Scrapper - 11-03-2011

RE: Music - illcommandante - 11-03-2011

My first "Concert" was at a farm out in The Green District near Roseburg. The Maddoxes and Woody Guthrie. Some people came in their wagons. The stage was the tailgate of a station wagon, and the area surrounding it. Now, the sheriffs would come out to see if you payed for your permit. Your permit to assemble freely, and listen to a little Oakie Pop.

RE: Music - Leonard - 11-03-2011

One of the sexiest vocalist of all time, Miss Julie London.

Song on YouTube seen on Facebook... Posted here:

http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=6431&pid=152334#pid152334

LaughingLaughingEvilLaughingLaughing

RE: Music - illcommandante - 11-03-2011

Jimmie Reed? If The Stones are our best, then what was Jimmie Reed? Me, I think The Stones are our best. Because they went to The Jimmie Reed Well, the most often.