RogueValleyForum.com
Music - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Music (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

RE: Music - Simon Peter - 11-14-2011

RE: Music - Scrapper - 11-14-2011

RE: Music - Wonky - 11-14-2011

Crap.
I can't post videos of stuff done when I was young.
We didn't have videos.
Or film.
Or pencils.
Or shoes.

We did kind of have music. We'd tackle some little guy and pound out rhythms on his head with a rock. (Rock music). Sometimes we'd take two down, prop one guy's mouth open with a stick, and get a kind of harmony. Then one morning a guy named Jimmy took some cat gut and tied it to a forked stick...well you know the rest. Guy died a week later after eating too many mushrooms. Dude could wail on that cat gut though. Even did it with his teeth.

Then some jerk invented the wheel and it all went to hell.

RE: Music - cletus1 - 11-14-2011

(11-14-2011, 05:12 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

OMG, We must meet. Big Grin

RE: Music - Scrapper - 11-14-2011

(11-14-2011, 09:12 PM)cletus1 Wrote: OMG, We must meet. Big Grin

Let's do it! Big Grin Awe Hell... you know what I mean! Embarrassed
Next time I'm there... you have to meet up with my gang for some LIVE music! Thumbs Up

(11-14-2011, 09:53 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(11-14-2011, 09:12 PM)cletus1 Wrote: OMG, We must meet. Big Grin

Let's do it! Big Grin Awe Hell... you know what I mean! Embarrassed
Next time I'm there... you have to meet up with my gang for some LIVE music! Thumbs Up

OK then. Hey you know what happens when you play a country music song backwards, right? Well, first you get your job back, then your wife back, then your dog comes home, or so I have been told. Smiling

Edit: Okay, live music with the liberal mafia is in the future.

The cleanest version.

RE: Music - Crone - 11-14-2011

(11-14-2011, 10:05 PM)cletus1 Wrote: OK then. Hey you know what happens when you play a country music song backwards, right? Well, first you get your job back, then your wife back, then your dog comes home, or so I have been told. Smiling

Bwahaha!
If only.......Laughing

RE: Music - illcommandante - 11-14-2011

The videos of my stars, are black & white stills, set to monos, pulled off of zinc acetates. And, only lately do I find anything that really compares. Maybe even surpasses?

RE: Music - Yeshuah Hamashiach - 11-16-2011

19 Year White Jewish Rapper From Pittsburgh Has Number 1 Album

He’s a 19 year old white Jewish rapper from the suburbs of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. I know, this is unbelievable. Miller records for Rostrum Records, an indie label from Pittsburgh owned by a guy named Benjy Grinburg.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2011/11/16/19-year-white-jewish-rapper-from-pittsburgh-has-number-1-album

I reckon they are pimping this guy based on the premise that most listeners don;t realize how well connect Jews are with entertainment and that they don't know the ethnicity of the punks below .

RE: Music - cletus1 - 11-16-2011

RE: Music - Valuesize - 11-17-2011

Quote:"A song ain't no good until somebody hears it. By yourself you can't have an effect. You have to reach out. This is a song about someone who loses that power, which is the most powerful thing in the world – your ability to affect your friends' lives ... and my life ... and maybe I can do somethin' for you. So ... this is called Point Blank."

Bruce Springsteen

RE: Music - Valuesize - 11-18-2011

Amy Lee

RE: Music - illcommandante - 11-18-2011

Dennis used to do the evangel circuits. The young ladies actually wet their panties. He fit in better with the crowd at Oil Can Harry's. But, they never "Swooned" over Dennis, in the gay bars. Just at the revivals.

RE: Music - Crone - 11-20-2011

This guy has such a good voice. I confess...I'd like to swig a couple beers, play a game of pool and two-step with a good smelling man to this playing on the jukebox:

RE: Music - illcommandante - 11-20-2011

Faron Young gave Dylan his first paying gig.

(11-20-2011, 06:56 PM)illcommandante Wrote: Faron Young gave Dylan his first paying gig.

No kidding! I don't recall ever hearing this man.
What a wonderful voice!

I found this on Wikipedia:

Though young country acts like BR549 were putting his music before new audiences in the mid-1990s, Young apparently felt the industry had turned its back on him. That, and despondency over his deteriorating health, were cited as possible reasons why Young shot himself with a 38-caliber pistol on December 9, 1996. He died in Nashville the following day and was cremated. His ashes were spread by his family into Old Hickory Lake outside Nashville, with Johnny and June Carter Cash in attendance.

With Buddy Guy, no less. Smiling

RE: Music - cletus1 - 11-20-2011

Tonight at the Ashland Armory. In a few minutes.

RE: Music - cletus1 - 11-20-2011

(11-18-2011, 12:29 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Amy Lee

I approve of this selection.Smiling