RogueValleyForum.com
Music - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Music (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

RE: Music - Leonard - 08-22-2012

The stunningly beautiful Misa Criolla by Ariel Ramirez

RE: Music - Wonky - 08-25-2012

The talent of our own home grown genus, Mr. George Gershwin, is a national treasure to be cherished. This is just a "taste" of Rhapsody in Blue, what I think is Gershwin's crowning achievement.
Not the best recording, but if you feel in anyway moved by it you can find it from many, many sources. (I post this for the visual quality of the pianist)
Note to Tennis Mom and Clone: Close your eyes and remember all the street scenes you have taken in while just going about a normal life in The Big Apple. This was Gershwin's love poem to the City, his real love. He wrote if for everyone who has ever enjoyed "a bagel and a smear", perused a used book store for too long, had lunch with the lions in front of the best city library ever, or visited Macy's on a cold December day.
For those of us who have only visited by way of books, magazines, novels, movies, photo's and video's, we too feel the embrace of this wonderful music. Never intimate, we still feel the tug of it's power.

RE: Music - Valuesize - 08-26-2012

Hey Chuck...Big Grin

RE: Music - Larry - 08-26-2012

And now, real class....

RE: Music - Simon Peter - 08-29-2012

RE: Music - Valuesize - 08-31-2012

RE: Music - cletus1 - 08-31-2012

Mom is not sure she is the right girl for our son.

RE: Music - cletus1 - 09-01-2012

I posted this a year ago, but not want to look for it again. Hey Leonard, is this to your liking?

RE: Music - Clone - 09-01-2012

(09-01-2012, 06:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I posted this a year ago, but not want to look for it again. Hey Leonard, is this to your liking?

She is such a study in 'less is more'.
Many times she is so into the rhythm she just hits one key on the piano.
It's always the perfect key.

RE: Music - Larry - 09-01-2012

RE: Music - Leonard - 09-01-2012

(09-01-2012, 06:35 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I posted this a year ago, but not want to look for it again. Hey Leonard, is this to your liking?

Great cover and Elvis Costello is one lucky guy.

RE: Music - cletus1 - 09-01-2012

(09-01-2012, 07:41 PM)Leonard Wrote:

Was one lucky guy.

RE: Music - Wonky - 09-01-2012

(08-31-2012, 09:34 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Mom is not sure she is the right girl for our son.

I kind of liked the lyrics but the band just does not seem to have any energy. And what's with the lazy beat? Crank it up people. Razz

RE: Music - Wonky - 09-01-2012

(09-01-2012, 07:41 PM)Leonard Wrote:

Back in the day, Ella Fitzgerald was considered "The First Lady of Song". Ms Ella has passed (may she rest in peace). For my money Ms. Krall is now the 1st lady of song. An absolutely pure voice, and presented with such grace and ease.

She was scheduled for Britt but had to cancel. (I didn't have tickets, but those who did must be despondent)

RE: Music - Leonard - 09-05-2012

RE: Music - TennisMom - 09-05-2012

Good clips guys (with the possible exception of Weird Al).
Wonky, I saw Rhapsody in Blue performed live when we lived in CA and it is indeed Gershwin's love letter to NY. It's one of my favorites. Imagine being present when it was performed for the very first time? That must have been something. Thanks for the memory.

RE: Music - Scrapper - 09-07-2012

Twitch

RE: Music - Leonard - 09-09-2012

RE: Music - cletus1 - 09-09-2012

Not live, but turn it up anyway. If I had to describe the genre of this masterpiece, I would say it is a Reggae blues blend from the heart.

RE: Music - Willie Krash - 09-12-2012

I guess Three Little Pigs by Green jello is too much.
Back in '67 being mellow and way to cool this is a beautiful song of folk and jazz fusion. Long in the tooth but quite nice, KOME-FM played it late nights, yes we had an FM station called COME, Jerry Jeff Walker worked on this, for the ladies..Obscure stuff.
WIND
You say that once knew for sure
But now you're walkin' into shore to wonder*
The more you learn the less you know
The more you move the more you go to nowhere*
You play your role of comedy
Profess you well the tragedy that you're living
'Cause love was sure or so you say
Like the wind that blew away
and as she left she seemed to say the wind is

Love it's the wind
The wind is my love