RogueValleyForum.com
Music - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Music (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

RE: Music - Valuesize - 10-09-2013

RE: Music - Prospector - 10-09-2013

RE: Music - csrowan - 10-10-2013

RE: Music - Leonard - 10-13-2013

RE: Music - Valuesize - 10-13-2013

Thank you for the emesis on the music thread. Sad

RE: Music - Leonard - 10-13-2013

(10-13-2013, 10:30 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Thank you for the emesis on the music thread. Sad

Your welcome, though I would hardly call that song emesis, as that is a personal evaluation. Personally I think of it as musical social commentary, but if emesis is what comes to your mind from that one, this should fill you with vomitus ecstasy;

RE: Music - cletus1 - 10-14-2013

(10-13-2013, 11:45 PM)Leonard Wrote:
(10-13-2013, 10:30 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Thank you for the emesis on the music thread. Sad

Your welcome, though I would hardly call that song emesis, as that is a personal evaluation. Personally I think of it as musical social commentary, but if emesis is what comes to your mind from that one, this should fill you with vomitus ecstasy;

Damn Leonard! Big Grin

Do you have a song about Republicans that you could share with us? That song left me feeling empty inside.

RE: Music - Leonard - 10-14-2013

(10-14-2013, 07:40 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(10-13-2013, 11:45 PM)Leonard Wrote:

Damn Leonard! Big Grin

Do you have a song about Republicans that you could share with us? That song left me feeling empty inside.

Yes there is one about strolling through the republican ''Garden of Democracy'' only to emerge covered with shit, but I can't find it on Youtube.

Then there is the one about the Tea Party whose inspiration came from the intellect of a very bad writer of fiction and a president suffering from Alzheimer's disease.

And my personal favourite, ''How To Serve Man'', that one is a cook book.

Ps.

After much reflection I came to the conclusion that you didn't really listen to the song or you are against freedom of expression and the Constitution that were once the backbone of this country. After all the very first amendment is about Freedom of speech without mentioning money being its equivalent.

To you the lyrics may be vomit but to most of the worlds populations these words are a beautiful expression of the hope which should inspire all those who are now opposing the ''Empire'', austerity, the squelching and dismantling of democracy's, civil rights and freedoms that is happening the world over.

So here are the actual words, and if you must emesis please use the space to your immediate right or barf in your lap.

When I say the hungry should have food
I speak for many
When I say no one should have seven homes
While some don't have any
Though I may find myself stranded in some strange place
With naught but a vapid stare
I remember the world and I know
We are everywhere

When I say the time for the rich, it will come
Let me count the ways
Victories or hints of the future
Havana, Caracas, Chiapas, Buenos Aires
How many people are wanting and waiting
And fighting for their share
They hide in their ivory towers
But we are everywhere

Religions and prisons and races
Borders and nations
FBI agents and congressmen
And corporate radio stations
They try to keep us apart, but we find each other
And the rulers are always aware
That they're a tiny minority
And we are everywhere

With every bomb that they drop, every home they destroy
Every land they invade
Comes a new generation from under the rubble
Saying "we are not afraid"
They will pretend we are few
But with each child that a billion mothers bear
Comes the next demonstration
That we are everywhere.

RE: Music - Valuesize - 10-14-2013

(10-14-2013, 10:08 AM)Leonard Wrote:

Ps.

Blah, blah......

My point was (imo) this doesn't belong in the Music thread. Are there not enough political threads here for you? Can't you (and others) leave just a few threads political free zones?

(10-14-2013, 12:08 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-14-2013, 10:08 AM)Leonard Wrote:

Ps.

Blah, blah......

My point was (imo) this doesn't belong in the Music thread. Are there not enough political threads here for you? Can't you (and others) leave just a few threads political free zones?

Well you should have made that point in the first place instead of labelling this piece of music as emesis and a more lengthy critique on why you considered the piece vomit would have been more entertaining considering the lyrics.

So I suppose the music of Bob Dylan, Woody Guthrie, Verdi, Midnight Oil, Puccini, Gilbert & Sullivan, the Star Spangled Banner and God Bless America are no longer appropriate music for a music forum and should be relegated to political debate or spirituality.

Music is music, good, bad or indifferent as the case may be and should be judged on its musical merits never political persuasions.

I suppose this would be out too as it is Wagner.

RE: Music - Valuesize - 10-16-2013

RE: Music - cletus1 - 10-16-2013

Oh yeah, I got your music video right here.

(10-16-2013, 08:58 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Oh yeah, I got your music video right here.

Laughing I'll bet you CRS liked it! Laughing

(10-16-2013, 09:01 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-16-2013, 08:58 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Oh yeah, I got your music video right here.

I know you love it and so do your kids. Big Grin

We gun get crazy or what?

Child Poet?????

RE: Music - csrowan - 10-16-2013

I presume you meant me, though you got my initials mixed up.

If so, you are correct. The strangely coherent insanity was enticingly pleasant to the senses.

(10-16-2013, 09:56 PM)csrowan Wrote:

I presume you meant me, though you got my initials mixed up.

If so, you are correct. The strangely coherent insanity was enticingly pleasant to the senses.

Yes, sorry. I meant CSR.

RE: Music - csrowan - 10-16-2013

Laughing Razz Laughing