RogueValleyForum.com
Music - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Music (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

RE: Music - cletus1 - 02-09-2014

(02-09-2014, 08:55 AM)Jeep Wrote:
(02-09-2014, 08:43 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(02-08-2014, 07:30 PM)csrowan Wrote: He certainly isn't new to complaining about how people respond to his posts.

I did not jump in the middle of this conversation yesterday because I did not want to add fuel to the fire. That was yesterday, today I feel differently. I think I will start posting hard to comprehend responses anytime someone suggests how I should respond to a post.

For example: The response I would have made to Wonky would have been this: "The one charm of marriage is that it makes a life of deception absolutely necessary for both parties". So there you have it. This could be fun.

That has nothing to do with MUSIC. If you want to talk about marriage start a new thread. Get with the program or out the door with you.Razz

Laughing You catch on quick. I might just start a marriage topic, but I am not done here yet. I intend to make a full u-turn on this divided highway of a topic.

Everyone knows that complete honesty in a marriage is not a good thing.

"Truth is beautiful without a doubt but so are lies".

If you are married you can taste the truth in this quote.

RE: Music - Scar - 02-09-2014

(02-09-2014, 09:31 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(02-08-2014, 07:30 PM)csrowan Wrote: He certainly isn't new to complaining about how people respond to his posts.

I did not jump in the middle of this conversation yesterday because I did not want to add fuel to the fire. That was yesterday, today I feel differently. I think I will start posting hard to comprehend responses anytime someone suggests how I should respond to a post.

For example: The response I would have made to Wonky would have been this: "The one charm of marriage is that it makes a life of deception absolutely necessary for both parties". So there you have it. This could be fun.

That has nothing to do with MUSIC. If you want to talk about marriage start a new thread. Get with the program or out the door with you.Razz

Laughing You catch on quick. I might just start a marriage topic, but I am not done here yet. I intend to make a full u-turn on this divided highway of a topic.

Nope. If you just said "Truth is beautiful", I would have to agree.

RE: Music - cletus1 - 02-09-2014

(02-09-2014, 09:36 AM)Scar Wrote:

We'll my disagreeable friend, I was quoting Ralph Waldo Emerson and I think he is spot on.

If a wife ask her husband if her butt looks big in her new pants he says NO regardless right? You must know she has already stared at her butt in the mirror from every angle before posing the question don't you?

RE: Music - orygunluvr - 02-09-2014

(02-09-2014, 09:45 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(02-09-2014, 09:36 AM)Scar Wrote:
(02-09-2014, 08:43 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I did not jump in the middle of this conversation yesterday because I did not want to add fuel to the fire. That was yesterday, today I feel differently. I think I will start posting hard to comprehend responses anytime someone suggests how I should respond to a post.

We'll my disagreeable friend, I was quoting Ralph Waldo Emerson and I think he is spot on.

If a wife ask her husband if her butt looks big in her new pants he says NO regardless right? You must know she has already stared at her butt in the mirror from every angle before posing the question don't you?

That's a set up question and any man that falls for it is an idiot. You ALWAYS ask how they feel they look. Then if that doesn't work you ask to phone a friend.

RE: Music - csrowan - 02-09-2014

(02-08-2014, 08:22 PM)Wonky Wrote:

You can't maintain a thought long enough to have an opinion.

Example: Several times people here have posted about books they are reading or have read. You NEVER engage (as I recall), but rush to tell of a book you think might be a "better" read. Hey! What about some chat of the book mentioned? This is after all a "forum".

Whatever.

Let's just agree to avoid each other.
Easy enough for me .

I don't recall posting in any of your book threads. Our tastes in literature have practically no overlap. So rushing to tell of a "better" read is perhaps in your imagination.

You're welcome to avoid me. I'm here every day.

RE: Music - orygunluvr - 02-09-2014

Crank it up, these kids kick ass!

RE: Music - Scrapper - 02-09-2014

RE: Music - Wonky - 02-09-2014

Ah, the hell with it.

(No Scrappy, not your post: The whole thought that maybe some continuity might happy here on occasion).

It was NEVER about "Nature Boy" the song, but way the song came to be.

Whatever. CS, your brain has rotted. (RE: Books).

PS: Clete marry who ever will have you. And for God's sake stop quoting Emerson or your reputation here will go down the tubes as a pointy headed intellectual.

RE: Music - cletus1 - 02-10-2014

(02-09-2014, 06:55 PM)Wonky Wrote: Ah, the hell with it.

(No Scrappy, not your post: The whole thought that maybe some continuity might happy here on occasion).

It was NEVER about "Nature Boy" the song, but way the song came to be.

Whatever. CS, your brain has rotted. (RE: Books).

PS: Clete marry who ever will have you. And for God's sake stop quoting Emerson or your reputation here will go down the tubes as a pointy headed intellectual.

I was just having a little fun Wonky.

I like it when we stay on topic, not that it will happen here much of the time. However, I also think that information and ideas shared in a post can spark a related conversation. It is natural IMO and it happens in face to face conversation all the time.

Now I am going to read my book, something I don't do much of anymore. Maybe I'll discuss it in a non spoiler way on the book thread later. Smiling

RE: Music - Scrapper - 02-12-2014

WTHeck?!?! There is something seriously wrong with that family! Twitch

RE: Music - Wonky - 02-12-2014

(02-12-2014, 12:21 PM)Scrapper Wrote: WTHeck?!?! There is something seriously wrong with that family! Twitch

I'll never know…
Can't imagine why I'd want to watch it now.
But I'm sure you had your reasons for posting it.
…well, I not sure.

RE: Music - tealeaf - 02-15-2014

Tia ... Remember your game on MMT forum, 'catch me if you can'? The song game. I played that game a lot and had a GREAT list of songs....that I misplaced a long time ago. Was going to make some mixed cd's.
Anyway, just miss playing the games we had there. They don't seem to fly here at RVF so much.

This has been stuck in my head for a couple of days now.....maybe I need to go to the coast. . .

RE: Music - cletus1 - 02-15-2014

(02-15-2014, 07:44 AM)tealeaf Wrote: Tia ... Remember your game on MMT forum, 'catch me if you can'? The song game. I played that game a lot and had a GREAT list of songs....that I misplaced a long time ago. Was going to make some mixed cd's.
Anyway, just miss playing the games we had there. They don't seem to fly here at RVF so much.

This has been stuck in my head for a couple of days now.....maybe I need to go to the coast. . .

The sea birds that I am enjoying watching here are the pelicans. They may be clumsy looking on land, but they are beautiful in flight. They often fly fast a foot or two above the waters surface, I assume looking for fish.

The other cool birds here are Frigate Birds. A couple of days ago I pointed our some to my wife who thought I called them frigging birds. Hey honey look at the frigging birds. Laughing

RE: Music - Scrapper - 02-15-2014

My 75 year old Daddy is sitting at my kitchen table at 9:30am on a Saturday morning BLARING this song on his laptop. I love that man! Big Grin

RE: Music - Valuesize - 02-17-2014

How about some Billy Gibbons at Daryl's? Big Grin

RE: Music - Tiamat - 02-19-2014

It makes me chuckle to see the old hippies stay the same, even to the old psychedilic images. and it sounds retro, like the old Crazy Horse.

RE: Music - csrowan - 02-19-2014

Did someone say "old hippies"?

RE: Music - Valuesize - 02-28-2014

The world has lost a great guitarist. Sad

Did you know you can substantially increase sexual prowess by listening to Flamenco? Embarrassed Big Grin

RE: Music - Scrapper - 02-28-2014

RE: Music - cletus1 - 02-28-2014

(02-28-2014, 02:27 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Puke