RogueValleyForum.com
Music - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=68)
+--- Forum: The Lounge (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: Music (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

RE: Music - Scrapper - 02-08-2015

I was torn between whether I should put this video in the "Random Video" thread or the "Music" thread...
but I decided, with the pipes on this little girl, it had to go here in the "Music" thread.

RE: Music - Cuzz - 02-08-2015

(02-08-2015, 10:48 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I was torn between whether I should put this video in the "Random Video" thread or the "Music" thread...
but I decided, with the pipes on this little girl, it had to go here in the "Music" thread.

I'm likely to be shouted down for this but I'm not terribly impressed. Don't get me wrong, this young girl has a lot of singing talent. I just don't think anyone this age or even twice her age can do that song justice. These talent shows seem to attract ever younger performers who are quite good technical singers but I just don't hear any feeling in the song. It sounds kind of dead if you get my meaning.

I'm probably in the minority opinion on this. I feel the same way about a lot of pop singers too. All technical talent, no feeling.

(02-08-2015, 11:22 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(02-08-2015, 10:48 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I was torn between whether I should put this video in the "Random Video" thread or the "Music" thread...

I'm likely to be shouted down for this but I'm not terribly impressed. Don't get me wrong, this young girl has a lot of singing talent. I just don't think anyone this age or even twice her age can do that song justice. These talent shows seem to attract ever younger performers who are quite good technical singers but I just don't hear any feeling in the song. It sounds kind of dead if you get my meaning.

I'm probably in the minority opinion on this. I feel the same way about a lot of pop singers too. All technical talent, no feeling.

Shouted down? Not by me! Music is a very personal thing... kinda like beauty! I agree that at 10 or 11 years old they can't possibly have the life experiences to put real "feeling" into the words. But, like I said... the kid has pipes! I'm cool with that. I look forward to some day hearing her do this same song with some "life" behind her.

RE: Music - Snail - 02-08-2015

And Johnny Depp too.

RE: Music - Big Rock - 02-08-2015

RE: Music - Tiamat - 02-08-2015

(02-08-2015, 02:30 PM)Snail Wrote: And Johnny Depp too.

Is it Dylan?

RE: Music - Scrapper - 02-28-2015

Good thing the "Good Music" thread is closed... and I'm forced to just put this in the plain old "Music" thread. Wink Big Grin Laughing Laughing

RE: Music - tvguy - 02-28-2015

(02-28-2015, 10:20 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Good thing the "Good Music" thread is closed... and I'm forced to just put this in the plain old "Music" thread. Wink Big Grin Laughing Laughing

OMG That's awesome and I've never seen it. I freaking loved George Jones. There is just something about his voice.
Thanks ScrapperBig Grin

RE: Music - Wonky3 - 02-28-2015

(02-28-2015, 11:03 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-28-2015, 10:20 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Good thing the "Good Music" thread is closed... and I'm forced to just put this in the plain old "Music" thread. Wink Big Grin Laughing Laughing

OMG That's awesome and I've never seen it. I freaking loved George Jones. There is just something about his voice.
Thanks ScrapperBig Grin

I sent that to my family. We gonna sue. 12 of our cousins are in that thing and we didn't get nary a dime one!
Fun Scrappy!
Can't live on only Pink Floyd.

RE: Music - Wonky3 - 03-01-2015

(02-28-2015, 07:52 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Thanks ScrapperBig Grin

I sent that to my family. We gonna sue. 12 of our cousins are in that thing and we didn't get nary a dime one!
Fun Scrappy!

Just got a phone call from the cousins.
Said they can't run the video on the dial-up 24 baud modem they have. (They just got the land line for Christmas; A gift from uncle Luther who won 300 dollars on a scratch off) They hope to get an cloths dryer soon but with the payments on the Ford F350 pick up truck (mag wheels all around an 800 dollar sound system) they can't see the way clear to spend money on foolishness. At least the don't have to worry about dental bills.
Yes-sir-ree-bob! That's where I come from.

RE: Music - Cuzz - 03-01-2015

(03-01-2015, 12:32 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Thanks ScrapperBig Grin

Fun Scrappy!

Said they can't run the video on the dial-up 24 hundred baud modem they have. (They just got the land line for Christmas; A gift from uncle Luther who won 300 dollars on a scratch off) They hope to get an cloths dryer soon but with the payments on the Ford F350 pick up truck (mag wheels all around an 800 dollar sound system) they can't see the way clear to spend money on foolishness. At least the don't have to worry about dental bills.

fixed it for ya'

RE: Music - Wonky3 - 03-01-2015

(03-01-2015, 12:36 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Thanks ScrapperBig Grin

Fun Scrappy!

Said they can't run the video on the dial-up 24 hundred baud modem they have. (They just got the land line for Christmas; A gift from uncle Luther who won 300 dollars on a scratch off) They hope to get an cloths dryer soon but with the payments on the Ford F350 pick up truck (mag wheels all around an 800 dollar sound system) they can't see the way clear to spend money on foolishness. At least the don't have to worry about dental bills.

fixed it for ya'

Thank you. A guy would think a 6th grade eduction would serve him well. Not the case obviously.
Okay; I didn't actually FINISH the 6th grade. Embarrassed

RE: Music - Cuzz - 03-01-2015

(03-01-2015, 12:42 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-01-2015, 12:36 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(02-28-2015, 11:03 AM)tvguy Wrote: OMG That's awesome and I've never seen it. I freaking loved George Jones. There is just something about his voice.
Thanks ScrapperBig Grin

Fun Scrappy!

fixed it for ya'

Thank you. A guy would think a 6th grade eduction would serve him well. Not the case obviously.
Okay; I didn't actually FINISH the 6th grade. Embarrassed

Never mind. I was hesitant to suggest the change. You might have really meant 24 baud or roughly equivalent to talking drums. Razz

RE: Music - tvguy - 03-01-2015

It's funny how in videos and even TV shows ( my name is Earl) the women are drop dead gorgeous never fat.
And the men (Kevin James) FAT married to a beauty, in TV sitcoms are fat or nerds like (Big bang theory) have GF's or wives that are beautiful.
"Modern family" Has the beautiful Latin lady married to Ed Oniel ( Al Bundy)

RE: Music - Valuesize - 03-03-2015

RE: Music - Cuzz - 03-03-2015

Nice selection. Wink

(03-03-2015, 10:43 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

RE: Music - Valuesize - 03-04-2015

Time for some musotainment. Bruce Willis? Cool

And one for SFLib.

RE: Music - tvguy - 03-05-2015

(03-04-2015, 09:21 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Time for some musotainment. Bruce Willis? Cool

And one for SFLib.

The first one (Willis) was cool. The other not so much.

RE: Music - Snail - 03-05-2015