RogueValleyForum.com
Join The Resistance - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: National and World News (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Join The Resistance (/showthread.php?tid=18168)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Join The Resistance - Juniper - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 07:25 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 05:57 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 02:59 PM)Valuesize Wrote: [/url][Image: 267748_138389669570695_1288213_n.jpg?oh=...e=5910EB77]
Joe Donlon (KGW-TV)

Dear Portland:
I know you're upset. I know you're disappointed. But I'm pleading with you - to keep it together today.
As you head out to protest, ask yourself a few questions. What are you trying to change? What is the best way to achieve that? Will your actions today lead to a positive outcome?
I support your right to protest. The entire city does. We have given you a long leash in the past. And frankly, some of you have abused it - to the tune of one million dollars in damage in the days after the election alone. Despite that, your fellow residents are already conceding the downtown core - in the name of your message. A message many of them agree with, by the way. Stores are closing early. TriMet buses and trains will likely be suspended. You have disrupted the day, before it begins.
Where you lose people, is when you shut down freeways, attack the infrastructure we all count on, and dare the Portland Police Bureau to take action and regain order.
My guess is, you will have the run of downtown streets. Use it wisely. Because I have a feeling if you start causing problems, we will see a different response from new Mayor Ted Wheeler . I would really rather not find out. But knowing our history, I fear many of you don't care either way.
Just know that your city DOES care. We're the ones who will be watching what you do in our living room. We're the ones who are impacted. We're the ones who pay for it in the end.
Have fun today, Portland. Make us proud. Not embarrassed.
Peaceful protest - is the bedrock of change. Torching our city - is the foundation of fools.
I heard they were still too snowed in to make much of a racket.  True?

All the snow has melted. Evidently they have "special" hats.  Big Grin

[Image: pussyhat-project-537x403.jpg]
I don't think it has. My roommate returned from Portland today with a different story.

RE: Join The Resistance - Valuesize - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 08:12 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 02:59 PM)Valuesize Wrote: [/url][Image: 267748_138389669570695_1288213_n.jpg?oh=...e=5910EB77]
Joe Donlon (KGW-TV)

Dear Portland:
I know you're upset. I know you're disappointed. But I'm pleading with you - to keep it together today.
As you head out to protest, ask yourself a few questions. What are you trying to change? What is the best way to achieve that? Will your actions today lead to a positive outcome?
I support your right to protest. The entire city does. We have given you a long leash in the past. And frankly, some of you have abused it - to the tune of one million dollars in damage in the days after the election alone. Despite that, your fellow residents are already conceding the downtown core - in the name of your message. A message many of them agree with, by the way. Stores are closing early. TriMet buses and trains will likely be suspended. You have disrupted the day, before it begins.
Where you lose people, is when you shut down freeways, attack the infrastructure we all count on, and dare the Portland Police Bureau to take action and regain order.
My guess is, you will have the run of downtown streets. Use it wisely. Because I have a feeling if you start causing problems, we will see a different response from new Mayor Ted Wheeler . I would really rather not find out. But knowing our history, I fear many of you don't care either way.
Just know that your city DOES care. We're the ones who will be watching what you do in our living room. We're the ones who are impacted. We're the ones who pay for it in the end.
Peaceful protest - is the bedrock of change. Torching our city - is the foundation of fools.

I don't think it has. My roommate returned from Portland today with a different story.

Downtown? East of  Troutdale is still a frozen wonderland.

RE: Join The Resistance - Juniper - 01-20-2017

(01-20-2017, 08:43 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 08:12 PM)Juniper Wrote:
Joe Donlon (KGW-TV)

Dear Portland:

Downtown? East of  Troutdale is still a frozen wonderland.
I don't know. They cancelled their business trip there and turned back because it was just such a mess.

RE: Join The Resistance - cletus1 - 01-21-2017

Up to 400,000 expected to march against Trump tomorrow. I'm thinking I have seen enough of Trump to know he will fuckup this country. 

I heard Trump is taking money from the Arts and Humanities. Go ahead take federal funding away from the things you are too stupid to appreciate. What a baboon. 

I am officially in opposition to the Trump presidency. I don't actually have to do anything to be officially in opposition. I'm waiting for Hugo to tell me how to proceed, but I am fired up and ready to go.

RE: Join The Resistance - capitalist pig - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 12:24 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Up to 400,000 expected to march against Trump tomorrow. I'm thinking I have seen enough of Trump to know he will fuckup this country. 

I heard Trump is taking money from the Arts and Humanities. Go ahead take federal funding away from the things you are too stupid to appreciate. What a baboon. 

I am officially in opposition to the Trump presidency. I don't actually have to do anything to be officially in opposition. I'm waiting for Hugo to tell me how to proceed, but I am fired up and ready to go.
Give me a simple list of what he will f up. Just curious in what you consider a f up compared to what I would consider a f up and what we both agree is a f up. Very easy to make a blanket statement. Give me a list of specifics.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

RE: Join The Resistance - Cuzz - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 12:51 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 12:24 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Up to 400,000 expected to march against Trump tomorrow. I'm thinking I have seen enough of Trump to know he will fuckup this country. 

Give me a simple list of what he will f up. Just curious in what you consider a f up compared to what I would consider a f up and what we both agree is a f up. Very easy to make a blanket statement. Give me a list of specifics.

My list is pretty short. I think he'll do OK in all but two areas, foreign policy and domestic policy.    Laughing

(01-21-2017, 09:06 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

My list is pretty short. I think he'll do OK in all but two areas, foreign policy and domestic policy.   
Okay. Thanks for trying your best using your limited resources. Do you need a partisapation award? Or are you going to be okay as is? Mr Clete how about you? Can you expand ? Or are your "resources " as limited as cuzz? Just curious as I listed in my previous post.

(01-21-2017, 09:20 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:

My list is pretty short. I think he'll do OK in all but two areas, foreign policy and domestic policy.   
Okay. Thanks for trying your best using your limited resources. Do you need a partisapation award?  Or are you going to be okay as is?  Mr Clete how about you? Can you expand ? Or are your "resources " as limited as cuzz?  Just curious as I listed in my previous post.  

I'm fine. And you should lighten up a bit. It'll be better for your health.

(01-21-2017, 09:27 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

Okay. Thanks for trying your best using your limited resources. Do you need a partisapation award?  Or are you going to be okay as is?  Mr Clete how about you? Can you expand ? Or are your "resources " as limited as cuzz?  Just curious as I listed in my previous post.  

I'm quite fine also. Thanks for the concern..... have a wonderful sparkly day....

(01-21-2017, 09:33 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 12:51 AM)capitalist pig Wrote: Give me a simple list of what he will f up. Just curious in what you consider a f up compared to what I would consider a f up and what we both agree is a f up. Very easy to make a blanket statement. Give me a list of specifics.

I'm quite fine also. Thanks for the concern..... have a wonderful sparkly day....

Laughing    Sparkly??

(01-21-2017, 09:54 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 09:06 AM)Cuzz Wrote: My list is pretty short. I think he'll do OK in all but two areas, foreign policy and domestic policy.   

Sparkly??
Sparkly!! To cheerful on a wet Saturday ???

(01-21-2017, 09:57 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 09:20 AM)capitalist pig Wrote: Okay. Thanks for trying your best using your limited resources. Do you need a partisapation award?  Or are you going to be okay as is?  Mr Clete how about you? Can you expand ? Or are your "resources " as limited as cuzz?  Just curious as I listed in my previous post.  

Sparkly??
Sparkly!!  To cheerful on a wet Saturday ???

Too cheerful? No, I just didn't expect that from you. Actually I like the rain. Makes me feel at home and softens the webs between my toes.   Smiling

RE: Join The Resistance - Hugo - 01-21-2017

Why are any of you Libs here today? Shouldn't you be out breaking things for your America?

RE: Join The Resistance - Valuesize - 01-21-2017

(01-20-2017, 08:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: I don't know. They cancelled their business trip there and turned back because it was just such a mess.

Not sure why they would do that unless they needed to go to Hood River or further east. Here is downtown Portland and The Dalles.

[Image: morrisonbr_pid589.jpg?rand=1485019499888]

[Image: 4th%20at%20Lincoln_pid3185.JPG?rand=1485019516645]

[Image: TheDalles_pid655.jpg?rand=1485019841328]

RE: Join The Resistance - Wonky3 - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 10:27 AM)Hugo Wrote: Why are any of you Libs here today?  Shouldn't you be out breaking things for your America?

"our America"? Really? We may be be socially and politically divided, but it's American, from sea to shinning sea. And even our political divisions fade when we our shores are threatend our cities attacked, or groups try to prevent us from having ANY guns. 

CapPig askes good and legitimate questions when he asks "what will he F*** up. Clete, you have been a vocal opponent Trump's (as have I) and remarked he will F*** up things. We should be prepared to answer CapPig's question and give specific example of what will be screwed up. This is, after all, a forum and dialog is the central function of the place. 

You go first: I'll add things later. I'm sure others will follow.

(01-21-2017, 10:18 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 09:57 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 09:27 AM)Cuzz Wrote: I'm fine. And you should lighten up a bit. It'll be better for your health.

Sparkly??
Sparkly!!  To cheerful on a wet Saturday ???

Too cheerful? No, I just didn't expect that from you. Actually I like the rain. Makes me feel at home and softens the webs between my toes.   Smiling
I like the rain also, although it has cut back my dirt bike riding a bit this winter. Days like this make shop days the best. Interior install today on the 68 camaro.

RE: Join The Resistance - Juniper - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 10:32 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 08:49 PM)Juniper Wrote: I don't know. They cancelled their business trip there and turned back because it was just such a mess.

Not sure why they would do that unless they needed to go to Hood River or further east. Here is downtown Portland and The Dalles.

[Image: morrisonbr_pid589.jpg?rand=1485019499888]

[Image: 4th%20at%20Lincoln_pid3185.JPG?rand=1485019516645]

[Image: TheDalles_pid655.jpg?rand=1485019841328]

Yeah. Can't tell you.  I wasn't there.  I know they said the Freeway was a mess. Their next stop was Washington but they turned back.

RE: Join The Resistance - Juniper - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 10:48 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 10:27 AM)Hugo Wrote: Why are any of you Libs here today?  Shouldn't you be out breaking things for your America?

CapPig askes good and legitimate questions when he asks "what will he F*** up. Clete, you have been a vocal opponent Trump's (as have I) and remarked he will F*** up things. We should be prepared to answer CapPig's question and give specific example of what will be screwed up. This is, after all, a forum and dialog is the central function of the place

Laughing Laughing Laughing Who the hell told you that Wonky?

RE: Join The Resistance - Wonky3 - 01-21-2017

(01-21-2017, 11:06 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 10:48 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

CapPig askes good and legitimate questions when he asks "what will he F*** up. Clete, you have been a vocal opponent Trump's (as have I) and remarked he will F*** up things. We should be prepared to answer CapPig's question and give specific example of what will be screwed up. This is, after all, a forum and dialog is the central function of the place

Laughing Laughing Laughing Who the hell told you that Wonky?

forum |ˈfôrəm| noun (pl. forums) a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged: it will be a forum for consumers to exchange their views on medical research.• an Internet site where users can post comments about a particular issue or topic and reply to other users' postings; a message board.

RE: Join The Resistance - tvguy - 01-21-2017

Shouldn't you be out looking for blacks, Mexican or gays to beat up?