RogueValleyForum.com
Join The Resistance - Printable Version

+- RogueValleyForum.com (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Debate (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: National and World News (https://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Join The Resistance (/showthread.php?tid=18168)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

RE: Join The Resistance - orygunluvr - 01-31-2017

(01-31-2017, 12:10 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 07:48 AM)IGPnative Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 10:51 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 10:11 PM).Valuesize Wrote: I have come to the conclusion these folks that I accuse of wearing blinders are really just too simpleminded to see the whole picture. They've repeatedly admitted so numerous times stating "I don't care... not Hillary (lock her up), repeal ACA, build a fucking useless wall, as long as we get the Supreme Court judge etc. 

The world has changed and will continue to at an ever increasing pace. These folks that voted an unbalanced lunatic into office are those not prepared or equipped mentally to adapt to the modern world. They just want the world to return to the way it was. Newsflash, it won't.  

You think we had problems with Dick Cheney as the power behind the Commander in Chief? The Bannon - Flynn duo are 100 times worse. There has NEVER been ANY mention of the Constitution by ANY of the top Trump crowd EVER. The goal is to change the government system, to what we are about to find out. We know who Trump admires, it's the authoritarian dictators like Putin and Kim Jung-un and he's said so numerous times. 

I hope the checks and balances set up by our forefathers can withstand the test they are about to endure. 
Resistance will be MANDATORY.  Big Grin

Thank you. I hope that mother fucker dies soon, real soon. The resistance is alive and well and we will not bow to hate and bigotry.

Good thing you are not bowing to hate and bigotry "I hope that mother fucker dies soon, real soon"

I don't hate groups of people, I just hate Trump. And hating the hater and bigot president of the US is a little different than hating Muslims and Mexicans who have done nothing to you.
One day you will learn, you vote for the people that their values you espouse.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2017/01/these-73-sitting-democrats-voted-to-ban-visas-from-some-muslim-countries-that-law-still-exists?utm_source=lwcfb&utm_campaign=lwclinking&utm_medium=social&utm_content=013117visas

These 73 sitting Democrats voted to ban visas from some Muslim countries. That law still exists.

RE: Join The Resistance - tvguy - 01-31-2017

(01-31-2017, 02:56 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 02:37 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 04:18 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 03:29 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Trump is a racist peace of shit that needs to be stopped. 

A judge has blocked Trumps racist anti Muslim and anti refugee order. So now what? This stuff is getting real. 

I am embarrassed for this country right now. 

Check out these videos 

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/trump-order-170129030842119.html
Well, he IS the president of our United States. I'm don't like anything about the man, think he is shallow and lacks integrity and basic social skills, but I'd never refer to our president as a "racist piece of shit". Not in public, for sure. And judges ARE blocking his actions. We can, and must, depend on the institutions of our government and trust that people like Sen McCain and others will hold steady and keep this administration in check. And we do have a leasst a few Democratic people in our congress. 

Note to TVg. Yep...glad the flower children of the 60's opposed the war and voiced their objections. Fact is, it was Nixon and Kissinger who finally put an end to it for their own reasons. Protests helped, but didn't shop the troops from being sent to that swamp. 

And then Afghanistan and Iraq. We never learn. Thank the gods Obama didn't send troops to Syria. 

And now we have a man in the white house who, as Commander In Chief can authorize military action at a whim.  

Yes Clete, this stuff is getting real.

I think you are totally 100% wrong. It wasn't  just "flower children of the 60's" who opposed the war. They may have been the first but is was American people from all walks of life.

And Nixon ran his election platform on ending the war because that is what the America people wanted. For his own reasons?? Sure he knew he had to in order to get elected.
And then he drug it out because he was a lying worthless dishonest piece of shit.
I was opposed to the war as a veteran while  active and after. I learned how wrong and pointless the war was while I was in the army from combat veterans.

The movement against the involvement of the United States in the Vietnam War began in the U.S. with demonstrations in 1964 and grew in strength in later years. The U.S. became polarized between those who advocated continued involvement in Vietnam and those who wanted peace.

Many in the peace movement were students, mothers, or anti-establishment hippies. Opposition grew with participation by the African-American civil rights, women's liberation, and Chicago movements, and sectors of organized labor. Additional involvement came from many other groups, including educators, clergy, academics, journalists, lawyers, physicians (such as Benjamin Spock), Civil Rights Movement leaders and military veterans. Opposition consisted mainly of peaceful, nonviolent events; few events were deliberately provocative and violent. In some cases, police used violent tactics against demonstrators. By 1967, according to Gallup Polls, an increasing majority of Americans considered US military involvement in Vietnam to be a mistake, echoed decades later by the then head of American war planning, former U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara.[1]

All true. 
And still...
The "opposition" never garnered the necessary political power to force or encourge congress to stop funding that war. It was a negotiated peace, allowing the North to invade and occupy the South, that stopped the war. 

And, when so many of our troops did return, they were spat on my many of those same protesters. As if it was the "grunts" who were responsible. 

I too, was opposed to that war. I protested also, writing letters and supporting candidates for office who were against the war. I came to belive that "marching" did little, and far too many of those on the streets were an embarrassment to many "working people" who's lives were responsible and did not mock a traditional culture.

The  "opposition" may have not stopped finding of that war. But the  "opposition" elected Nixon because of his promise to end that war.
That opposition was the American people.

Nixon promised to find a way to “peace with honor” in Vietnam, though he was never entirely clear about how this was to be accomplished. The American people, desperate to find a way out of the Vietnam quagmire, were apparently ready to give the Republican an opportunity to make good on his claim.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/richard-nixon-elected-president

And, when so many of our troops did return, they were spat on my many of those same protesters. As if it was the "grunts" who were responsible. 

Yes that happened but From what I lived and saw it was not ANYWHERE near as common as a lot of people led us to believe.
I flew back and forth from Germany in the early 70's..in uniform and I was never spat on nor were anyone I saw at the airports. Also the same was true when I flew home from basic training and again when I flew back for AIT.

RE: Join The Resistance - Wonky3 - 01-31-2017

(01-31-2017, 03:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 04:18 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 03:29 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Trump is a racist peace of shit that needs to be stopped. 

A judge has blocked Trumps racist anti Muslim and anti refugee order. So now what? This stuff is getting real. 

I am embarrassed for this country right now. 

Check out these videos 

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/trump-order-170129030842119.html
Well, he IS the president of our United States. I'm don't like anything about the man, think he is shallow and lacks integrity and basic social skills, but I'd never refer to our president as a "racist piece of shit". Not in public, for sure. And judges ARE blocking his actions. We can, and must, depend on the institutions of our government and trust that people like Sen McCain and others will hold steady and keep this administration in check. And we do have a leasst a few Democratic people in our congress. 

Note to TVg. Yep...glad the flower children of the 60's opposed the war and voiced their objections. Fact is, it was Nixon and Kissinger who finally put an end to it for their own reasons. Protests helped, but didn't shop the troops from being sent to that swamp. 

And then Afghanistan and Iraq. We never learn. Thank the gods Obama didn't send troops to Syria. 

And now we have a man in the white house who, as Commander In Chief can authorize military action at a whim.  

I think you are totally 100% wrong. It wasn't  just "flower children of the 60's" who opposed the war. They may have been the first but is was American people from all walks of life.

And Nixon ran his election platform on ending the war because that is what the America people wanted. For his own reasons?? Sure he knew he had to in order to get elected.
And then he drug it out because he was a lying worthless dishonest piece of shit.
I was opposed to the war as a veteran while  active and after. I learned how wrong and pointless the war was while I was in the army from combat veterans.

The movement against the involvement of the United States in the Vietnam War began in the U.S. with demonstrations in 1964 and grew in strength in later years. The U.S. became polarized between those who advocated continued involvement in Vietnam and those who wanted peace.

Many in the peace movement were students, mothers, or anti-establishment hippies. Opposition grew with participation by the African-American civil rights, women's liberation, and Chicago movements, and sectors of organized labor. Additional involvement came from many other groups, including educators, clergy, academics, journalists, lawyers, physicians (such as Benjamin Spock), Civil Rights Movement leaders and military veterans. Opposition consisted mainly of peaceful, nonviolent events; few events were deliberately provocative and violent. In some cases, police used violent tactics against demonstrators. By 1967, according to Gallup Polls, an increasing majority of Americans considered US military involvement in Vietnam to be a mistake, echoed decades later by the then head of American war planning, former U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara.[1]

All true. 
And still...
The "opposition" never garnered the necessary political power to force or encourge congress to stop funding that war. It was a negotiated peace, allowing the North to invade and occupy the South, that stopped the war. 

I too, was opposed to that war. I protested also, writing letters and supporting candidates for office who were against the war. I came to belive that "marching" did little, and far too many of those on the streets were an embarrassment to many "working people" who's lives were responsible and did not mock a traditional culture.

The  "opposition" may have not stopped finding of that war. But the  "opposition" elected Nixon because of his promise to end that war.

Nixon promised to find a way to “peace with honor” in Vietnam, though he was never entirely clear about how this was to be accomplished. The American people, desperate to find a way out of the Vietnam quagmire, were apparently ready to give the Republican an opportunity to make good on his claim.

Yes that happened but From what I lived and saw it was not ANYWHERE near as common as a lot of people led us to believe.
I flew back and forth from Germany in the early 70's..in uniform and I was never spat on nor were anyone I saw at the airports. Also the same was true when I flew home from basic training and again when I flew back for AIT.

You didn't embark at the Port of Oakland! I lived in the SF Bay Area at the time and it was a feature on the local news A LOT: GI's ducking spit from the flower children. It's to their credit they didn't know 'em on their goofy butts. 

And yes, the people were tired of the war. And still, CONGRESS kept funding the thing. 
I take no pleasure in the fact that it was Nixon and Kissinger who ended it. 
And I will forever be saddened at the unnecessary loss of life that damn war caused. 

But, that was then, this is now. 

See it anyway you want. 

PS: I few back from Korea, landed at Travis AFB and if there was a God in heaven, it would have been justified if people had been there to spit on some of us. GI's in a foreign land can be real assholes and give 'em guns and they are dangerous assholes.

RE: Join The Resistance - tvguy - 01-31-2017

(01-31-2017, 06:33 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-31-2017, 03:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-30-2017, 04:18 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Well, he IS the president of our United States. I'm don't like anything about the man, think he is shallow and lacks integrity and basic social skills, but I'd never refer to our president as a "racist piece of shit". Not in public, for sure. And judges ARE blocking his actions. We can, and must, depend on the institutions of our government and trust that people like Sen McCain and others will hold steady and keep this administration in check. And we do have a leasst a few Democratic people in our congress. 

All true. 
And still...

You didn't embark at the Port of Oakland! I lived in the SF Bay Area at the time and it was a feature on the local news A LOT: GI's ducking spit from the flower children. It's to their credit they didn't know 'em on their goofy butts. 

And yes, the people were tired of the war. And still, CONGRESS kept funding the thing. 
And I will forever be saddened at the unnecessary loss of life that damn war caused. 

But, that was then, this is now. 

See it anyway you want. 

PS: I few back from Korea, landed at Travis AFB and if there was a God in heaven, it would have been justified if people had been there to spit on some of us. GI's in a foreign land can be real assholes and give 'em guns and they are dangerous assholes.

I said it happened Wonky Smiling

I don't give a damn who signed what papers..Like I said, The AMERICAN people ended the war.

I few back from Korea, landed at Travis AFB and if there was a God in heaven, it would have been justified if people had been there to spit on some of us. GI's in a foreign land can be real assholes and give 'em guns and they are dangerous assholes.

And returning Vietnam vets  were not also dangerous assholes? Big Grin
The fact that I don't recall too many spitting hippies getting beat up  or GI's being locked up for assault lends credence to my theory that there was far less spitting than people have been led to believe.

RE: Join The Resistance - Hugo - 01-31-2017

https://afuturefree.com/2017/01/25/dear-daughter-heres-why-i-didnt-march-for-you/

RE: Join The Resistance - Valuesize - 02-01-2017

(01-31-2017, 08:03 PM)Hugo Wrote: https://afuturefree.com/2017/01/25/dear-daughter-heres-why-i-didnt-march-for-you/

Stand up to the fascist Trump! Say NO to his racist policies!

RE: Join The Resistance - Valuesize - 02-01-2017

Run Milo, run.......

[Image: Milo_LA.png]

RE: Join The Resistance - capitalist pig - 02-01-2017

(01-30-2017, 10:11 PM).Valuesize Wrote: I have come to the conclusion these folks that I accuse of wearing blinders are really just too simpleminded to see the whole picture. They've repeatedly admitted so numerous times stating "I don't care... not Hillary (lock her up), repeal ACA, build a fucking useless wall, as long as we get the Supreme Court judge etc. 

The world has changed and will continue to at an ever increasing pace. These folks that voted an unbalanced lunatic into office are those not prepared or equipped mentally to adapt to the modern world. They just want the world to return to the way it was. Newsflash, it won't.  

You think we had problems with Dick Cheney as the power behind the Commander in Chief? The Bannon - Flynn duo are 100 times worse. There has NEVER been ANY mention of the Constitution by ANY of the top Trump crowd EVER. The goal is to change the government system, to what we are about to find out. We know who Trump admires, it's the authoritarian dictators like Putin and Kim Jung-un and he's said so numerous times. 

I hope the checks and balances set up by our forefathers can withstand the test they are about to endure. 

Thank you. I hope that mother fucker dies soon, real soon. The resistance is alive and well and we will not bow to hate and bigotry.

Good thing you are not bowing to hate and bigotry "I hope that mother fucker dies soon, real soon"

I don't hate groups of people, I just hate Trump. And hating the hater and bigot president of the US is a little different than hating Muslims and Mexicans who have done nothing to you.
Hmm stopping illegals?( southern border and enforcing existing law that many on the left voted for years ago) Stopping people from coming in from the 7 problem areas of the world ( the 7 that Obama identified) until they are properly veted. ( temporary ban and the largest Muslim countries are not part of this "ban" ) hmmm let me think..... wow you are right!! He is a hateful bigot!! Can you imagine putting the citizens of this country first? What is wrong with this guy?? I see the light now. Thanks cletus.....

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

RE: Join The Resistance - orygunluvr - 02-01-2017

(02-01-2017, 10:37 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:

Hmm stopping illegals?( southern border and enforcing existing law that many on the left voted for years ago) Stopping people from coming in from the 7 problem areas of the world ( the 7 that Obama identified)  until they are properly veted.  ( temporary ban and the largest Muslim countries are not part of this "ban" )   hmmm let me think..... wow you are right!! He is a hateful bigot!! Can you imagine putting the citizens of this country first? What is wrong with this guy??  I see the light now.  Thanks cletus.....

Didn't the 9/11 commision partialy blame bush for the attack because he didn't take clintons warnings about moslems more seriously? Imagine if a moslem refugee let in under President Trump attacked what the loons would be saying. Impeach seems to be the word of the week right now.

RE: Join The Resistance - cletus1 - 02-02-2017

Minimize Trump's actions if you like, but Trump has appointed a white supremacist to the security council and even if you dispute that, Trump is plainly a bigot. He is such an arrogant asshole that he is bullying our allies. The whole world, minus Russia, detests this man, and so do I.

RE: Join The Resistance - Wonky3 - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 09:17 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Minimize Trump's actions if you like, but Trump has appointed a white supremacist to the security council and even if you dispute that, Trump is plainly a bigot. He is such an arrogant asshole that he is bullying our allies. The whole world, minus R
ussia, detests this man, and so do I.

And you know what, Clete? I mostly agree. But, I will always believe that the OFFICE of the president of our United States of America deserves respect. There is almost nothing I admire about Mr. Trump, and I will do all I can to (within reason) oppose the policies this man seems to champion. 

But, millions of our fellow citizens did vote for him, he is our president, and I respect the office enough to hope you would not call the president an asshole. 

In time (and sooner than later) this man will expose the the ENTIRE nation (and world) to how shallow and unlearned he really is. We can only hope that responsible people in his own party stand up and voice their fellings about him. 

For instance, look at the GOP Senators who opposed his refuge bill:
  • Lamar Alexander
  • Susan Collins
  • Cory Gardner
  • Lindsey Graham 
  • John McCain
  • Jerry Moran
  • Ben Sasse 

The man will shoot himself in the foot. Let's hope he does no real damage until he is exposed and his power is dramatically reduced by staff, congress, the courts an pubic opinon.

RE: Join The Resistance - Valuesize - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 09:17 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Minimize Trump's actions if you like, but Trump has appointed a white supremacist to the security council and even if you dispute that, Trump is plainly a bigot. He is such an arrogant asshole that he is bullying our allies. The whole world, minus Russia, detests this man, and so do I.

Yup. His group of followers are convinced he is their savior and EVERYONE else (billions worldwide?) are wrong. So we have 62,418,820 Trump voters against billions around the world. Amazing. 

As I've said from the beginning, this will not end well for this man.

RE: Join The Resistance - Wonky3 - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 10:18 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 09:17 PM)cletus1 Wrote: Minimize Trump's actions if you like, but Trump has appointed a white supremacist to the security council and even if you dispute that, Trump is plainly a bigot. He is such an arrogant asshole that he is bullying our allies. The whole world, minus Russia, detests this man, and so do I.

Yup. His group of followers are convinced he is their savior and EVERYONE else (billions worldwide?) are wrong. So we have 62,418,820 Trump voters against billions around the world. Amazing. 

And I won't shed one tear if it ends badly for this man.
I will weep, if he somehow damages our institutions before he is finally put in place. 
We must be attentive and vocal, making our voice heard.

RE: Join The Resistance - tvguy - 02-02-2017

(02-02-2017, 10:23 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I will weep, if he somehow damages our institutions before he is finally put in place. 

Unless of course It's Cletus's voice and he uses the word "asshole" Razz Razz

And as long as I'm poking fun at you Wonky I have to wonder if the letter M is worn out on your key board from you telling us so many times what we Must do.

RE: Join The Resistance - Wonky3 - 02-03-2017

(02-02-2017, 11:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(02-02-2017, 10:23 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Unless of course It's Cletus's voice and he uses the word "asshole" Razz Razz

And as long as I'm poking fun at you Wonky I have to wonder if the letter M is worn out on your key board from you telling us so many times what we Must do.

Yeah, the English language is a bitch, ain't it?
Must, is, in fact, a verb.
It is also a noun. 

noun informal something that should not be overlooked or missed: 

So, Clete has every right to call the president an asshole. For that he can thank the 1st amendment of our constitution. 
And, I too have the right of expression, my own view, and the privilege of suggesting it has worth and value. It's know as argument, in the real sense of the word. 

For too long, and with a shrillness that is unlike most of your postings here, you have been suggesting I am somehow directing others to feel and behave as I do. It is prove positive you have neglected the reading that might have given you a more nuanced understand of argument. 

Do as you will and express what troubles you. Argument gives value to voicing opinion. Failure to understand it doesn't change it's meaning. 

Yes, there are things we MUST do. But we MUST not cry fire in a crowded theater. 

Language. It's what makes us human. We MUST us it carefully.

RE: Join The Resistance - capitalist pig - 02-03-2017

Lol you delude yourself. Most trump supporters are well aware of how Trump may or may not turn out. What you can't accept is where the left, and the establishments from both sides have taken and will continue to take the country is not what many want. The vast majority of Trump supporters are willing to roll the dice on moving the country in a better direction then where it is headed. Just keep up the hysterical rhetoric and the constant bashing of the Trump people and you will continue to look foolish and petty.

RE: Join The Resistance - orygunluvr - 02-03-2017

Reposting fake news doesn't make it true, it just makes you an idiot.

RE: Join The Resistance - orygunluvr - 02-03-2017

[Image: 16299546_1263115413737333_46400910785737...e=594B7849]

RE: Join The Resistance - Valuesize - 02-03-2017

(02-03-2017, 12:05 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

I happy to see realize this. Does this mean you'll stop now?  Laughing

RE: Join The Resistance - cletus1 - 02-03-2017

(02-03-2017, 12:18 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(02-03-2017, 12:05 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

I happy to see realize this. Does this mean you'll stop now?  Laughing

The political right can't even invent their own derogatory terms. They just re-use some ones liberals first used to describe them and their behavior. First it was "Koolaid drinkers," most recently it's "fake news." I swear to God, the right wingers better leave "living in the bubble" alone; that's totally our description of those people that get all thier news from Fox News and Breitbart. 

Smiling