Television Shows!
(01-05-2017, 07:32 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 07:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 07:15 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 07:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 07:02 PM)Juniper Wrote: Then enjoy. But Larry did point out the 6 year old wearing a bondage gag.  If you like it, watch it.

The "bondage gag" was on the kid because the kid burned his tongue because his brother pranked him.

But anyway you slice it Some of us just want to puke when they see a show like this.

Squirmy.
Someone said.. hey Shameless is a hit, Lets get even uglier and see what happens.

Shameless is a much darker, creepier take on the happy go lucky original British version where they sing Karaoke every Friday at the neighborhood pub.

OK Then Smiling My wife watches it. So I have also seen it. It can be  funny.. certain parts. But for ME the sick stuff makes it not worth it.
(01-05-2017, 07:41 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 07:32 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 07:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 07:15 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 07:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: The "bondage gag" was on the kid because the kid burned his tongue because his brother pranked him.

But anyway you slice it Some of us just want to puke when they see a show like this.

Squirmy.
Someone said.. hey Shameless is a hit, Lets get even uglier and see what happens.

Shameless is a much darker, creepier take on the happy go lucky original British version where they sing Karaoke every Friday at the neighborhood pub.

OK Then Smiling My wife watches it. So I have also seen it. It can be  funny.. certain parts. But for ME the sick stuff makes it not worth it.

Yep!
(01-05-2017, 07:02 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 01:05 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 12:28 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 10:51 AM)Scrapper Wrote: We have a couple of sitcom favs... Big Bang Theory & Life in Pieces.  I've never heard of The Mick though.

I THINK that's because it just came out last week.  I haven't watched it. It looks like it might be funny but also crass and slightly squirmy to watch. Not sure.

Can't be anymore "crass and slightly squirmy to watch" than Shameless... and I'm on Season 4 of that show.

Then enjoy. But Larry did point out the 6 year old wearing a bondage gag.  If you like it, watch it.
I did watch the show. The infowars.com crap that H/arry reads is just that... crap! I watched the episode with the so called "bondage gag". Only a person with a lot of first hand knowledge in bondage would watch that episode and immediately think... "Holy shit! That kid is wearing a bondage gag!" The Mick is nothing compared to Shameless. I also don't know about the "6 year old trans boy"... in the two episodes available at this time (which I did watch both) there was absolutely nothing regarding the child being "trans".
(01-05-2017, 09:04 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 12:28 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 10:51 AM)Scrapper Wrote: We have a couple of sitcom favs... Big Bang Theory & Life in Pieces.  I've never heard of The Mick though.

I THINK that's because it just came out last week.  I haven't watched it. It looks like it might be funny but also crass and slightly squirmy to watch. Not sure.

Can't be anymore "crass and slightly squirmy to watch" than Shameless... and I'm on Season 4 of that show.

Then enjoy. But Larry did point out the 6 year old wearing a bondage gag.  If you like it, watch it.
I did watch the show.  The infowars.com crap that H/arry reads is just that... crap!  I watched the episode with the so called "bondage gag".  Only a person with a lot of first hand knowledge in bondage would watch that episode and immediately think... "Holy shit!  That kid is wearing a bondage gag!" The Mick is nothing compared to Shameless.  I also don't know about the "6 year old trans boy"... in the two episodes available at this time (which I did watch both) there was absolutely nothing regarding the child being "trans".
I don't think that's true.  I think they use a bondage gag because it IS a bondage gag. Anyone who watched pulp fiction is going to be familiar with one. The rest the stuff, I don't know. I didn't watch the info wars whatever. I would never go to infowars/AlexJones.  I just saw the commercial...but that one shot made me think it would be 'squirmy'.  Or, just kind of Seth McFarlane style humor that works with Family Guy but not so much his real life actor stuff.  IMO.  But I'm not really watching TV these days, so if I were to put my attention on something on the television, I wouldn't pick that one show to indulge in.
(01-06-2017, 04:01 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 12:28 PM)Juniper Wrote: I THINK that's because it just came out last week.  I haven't watched it. It looks like it might be funny but also crass and slightly squirmy to watch. Not sure.

I did watch the show.  The infowars.com crap that H/arry reads is just that... crap!  I watched the episode with the so called "bondage gag".  Only a person with a lot of first hand knowledge in bondage would watch that episode and immediately think... "Holy shit!  That kid is wearing a bondage gag!" The Mick is nothing compared to Shameless.  I also don't know about the "6 year old trans boy"... in the two episodes available at this time (which I did watch both) there was absolutely nothing regarding the child being "trans".
I don't think that's true.  I think they use a bondage gag because it IS a bondage gag. Anyone who watched pulp fiction is going to be familiar with one. The rest the stuff, I don't know. I didn't watch the info wars whatever. I would never go to infowars/AlexJones.  I just saw the commercial...but that one shot made me think it would be 'squirmy'.  Or, just kind of Seth McFarlane style humor that works with Family Guy but not so much his real life actor stuff.  IMO.  But I'm not really watching TV these days, so if I were to put my attention on something on the television, I wouldn't pick that one show to indulge in.

Yeah, I'm not tempted.
But I'm finding TV to be that "vast wasteland" described long ago. Just me, I think...I can't find anything that I enjoy all that much. I think I pay about a million dollars a month for cable, Netflix, and Amazon Prime. Proof positive that I'm not very bright.
And I have CABIN FEVER! I enjoy reading, but not 14 HOURS A DAY! "Annie, the wonder dog" passed away a few years ago and I don't even have a dog to play with. Mrs. Wonky has a cat. Ever tried to play with a cat? They just look at you and ask, "what are you DOING, fool!". I know the gods had a reason for making cats....I just don't get it. 

I never thought I'd be PRAYING for rain! Good old wet, warm, down the back of your collar rain! I'd LOVE to read a wet newspaper. 

Bitch, bitch, bitch. (I am licensed by the State of Oregon to bitch 35 hours a month).
(01-05-2017, 12:28 PM)Juniper Wrote: I THINK that's because it just came out last week.  I haven't watched it. It looks like it might be funny but also crass and slightly squirmy to watch. Not sure.

Shock value seems to be the new rage in TV shows lately. Sensationalistic and crude shows have replaced good storytelling on TV lately. I don't like most of the crap on TV. It's like canned action movies "now with 33% more explosions" or tasteless grunge sex and other twisted shit that doesn't take me to where I want to go when I see a TV show or movie. God Damned Gen Xers and Millenials and other people younger than me have ruined TV.  Rolling Eyes
(01-06-2017, 08:55 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 01:05 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Can't be anymore "crass and slightly squirmy to watch" than Shameless... and I'm on Season 4 of that show.

Shock value seems to be the new rage in TV shows lately. Sensationalistic and crude shows have replaced good storytelling on TV lately. I don't like most of the crap on TV. It's like canned action movies "now with 33% more explosions" or tasteless grunge sex and other twisted shit that doesn't take me to where I want to go when I see a TV show or movie. God Damned Gen Xers and Millenials and other people younger than me have ruined TV.  Rolling Eyes

I miss the good old westerns. Just not Death Valley Days, circa 1964-65.   Wink
(01-05-2017, 01:05 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Can't be anymore "crass and slightly squirmy to watch" than Shameless... and I'm on Season 4 of that show.

ALL the premium channel shows have to put in the sex scenes. They are obligatory. They don't move the plot usually.  It does seem gratuitous at times.
(01-06-2017, 09:20 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-05-2017, 07:02 PM)Juniper Wrote: Then enjoy. But Larry did point out the 6 year old wearing a bondage gag.  If you like it, watch it.

I miss the good old westerns. Just not Death Valley Days, circa 1964-65.   Wink

Yeah I've tried to watch death valley days.. It's pretty bad LOL.
Wonky mentioned he didn't like anything on TV and it got me to wondering.

What does one like on TV? Well what do we like in life?  I like cars, street rods and high end sports cars. There are quite a few shows about that.

Gas monkey Garage is interesting to me although there's plenty to fast forward through. Another is Kendigit design. They make VERY high end street rods.
There is a show called Vegas rat rods where they make crazy ass wild diesel rat rods.

"Street outlaws". Where guys allegedly street race but a lot is phony.The races are not. Two of the guys have come close to dying in very bad wrecks. But the cars aren't and you can learn a lot about How the cars are built and the cool high  tech stuff they have.

And nature. I've always loved hunting fishing camping etc."Alone".. So I like watching how people deal with surviving, trapping animals, fishing, building shelters ect.
For the same reason I watch other nature shows or reality shows about living in the wild. "life below zero" is good.

And I am a collector and a buyer and seller. So I watch "pawn stars". Just FF through all the crap until they get to someone bringing in a cool item. 

And I like and play music so I like Austin city limits , Jules Holland and any other concerts I can record.
(01-07-2017, 12:43 AM)tvguy Wrote: Wonky mentioned he didn't like anything on TV and it got me to wondering.

What does one like on TV? Well what do we like in life?  I like cars, street rods and high end sports cars. There are quite a few shows about that.

Gas monkey Garage is interesting to me although there's plenty to fast forward through. Another is Kendigit design. They make VERY high end street rods.
There is a show called Vegas rat rods where they make crazy ass wild diesel rat rods.

"Street outlaws". Where guys allegedly street race but a lot is phony.The races are not. Two of the guys have come close to dying in very bad wrecks. But the cars aren't and you can learn a lot about How the cars are built and the cool high  tech stuff they have.

And nature. I've always loved hunting fishing camping etc."Alone".. So I like watching how people deal with surviving, trapping animals, fishing, building shelters ect.
For the same reason I watch other nature shows or reality shows about living in the wild. "life below zero" is good.

And I am a collector and a buyer and seller. So I watch "pawn stars". Just FF through all the crap until they get to someone bringing in a cool item. 

And I like and play music so I like Austin city limits , Jules Holland and any other concerts I can record.

Actually what Wonky said was, "I can't find anything that I enjoy all that much."
And context matters too because in that post I was bitching about cabin fever, having been stuck in the house for longer than I liked. 
But, the point is still valid. 
I think, TVg, you have a good point in saying what we find interesting on TV dovetails with what our general interests are. 
My taste in TV, movies, Internet entertainment, etc, is eclectic, and I'll bet that is true for most folks. I'm sure I have periods where I get saturated by all of it and need to avoid it and settle in with a good book. 

There are a lot of good things on TV and electronic media, and lots of good movies. A problem I have is not being diligent in taking time to investigate what is out there. I have a DVR and can record to watch later so I'm "sinning twice" in effect. 

So, what I want to know is, when is "YOU BETTER CALL SAUL" expected to return? And I always set a recording for "FRONTLINE", a one hour news show about one specific tiopic that I think is very well done. 

So Yeah: I DO watch TV. I try to be selective about it. But, I couldn't live without books. 
(01-07-2017, 12:43 AM)tvguy Wrote: Wonky mentioned he didn't like anything on TV and it got me to wondering.

I like history, documentaries, some quirky comedies, historical dramas, dramas. Here and there I'll get sidelined into something different. I watch The Walking Dead even though I always think it's not worth the while, it's something I watch with DD.  I also watch Outlander.   I watch Better call Saul.  And American Crime when it's on. Go figure.
(01-07-2017, 09:58 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Actually what Wonky said was, "I can't find anything that I enjoy all that much."
And context matters too because in that post I was bitching about cabin fever, having been stuck in the house for longer than I liked. 
But, the point is still valid. 
I think, TVg, you have a good point in saying what we find interesting on TV dovetails with what our general interests are. 
My taste in TV, movies, Internet entertainment, etc, is eclectic, and I'll bet that is true for most folks. I'm sure I have periods where I get saturated by all of it and need to avoid it and settle in with a good book. 

There are a lot of good things on TV and electronic media, and lots of good movies. A problem I have is not being diligent in taking time to investigate what is out there. I have a DVR and can record to watch later so I'm "sinning twice" in effect. 

So, what I want to know is, when is "YOU BETTER CALL SAUL" expected to return? And I always set a recording for "FRONTLINE", a one hour news show about one specific tiopic that I think is very well done. 

So Yeah: I DO watch TV. I try to be selective about it. But, I couldn't live without books. 

You be right Big Grin
(01-07-2017, 12:46 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I like history, documentaries, some quirky comedies, historical dramas, dramas. Here and there I'll get sidelined into something different. I watch The Walking Dead even though I always think it's not worth the while, it's something I watch with DD.  I also watch Outlander.   I watch Better call Saul.  And American Crime when it's on. Go figure.
Tia, I could have written that post except for The Walking Dead show. I can't do zombie anymore. I like shows about history, documentaries (Nova is back on), dramas and good comedy. 

Hey TVguy, I have told you more than once documentaries are the real reality shows. You might as well be watching wrestling, complete with folding chairs across the back and girlfriends that kick ass.  Big Grin
(01-07-2017, 06:37 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Tia, I could have written that post except for The Walking Dead show. I can't do zombie anymore. I like shows about history, documentaries (Nova is back on), dramas and good comedy. 

Hey TVguy, I have told you more than once documentaries are the real reality shows. You might as well be watching wrestling, complete with folding chairs across the back and girlfriends that kick ass.  Big Grin

I only watch it now because it's kind of date night thing with my daughter....it's a show we watched together and she still wants me to, though I'm over it.
(01-07-2017, 06:37 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

They are not all the same Cletus. You have to tell me which ones are as fake as that wrestling crap.

Ones that I think are that the most phony.. The Edge of Alaska. Alaska bush people. Treasure quest snake Island.
Swamp people

Sometimes even the totally fake ones have some entertainment value.. like Pawn stars American pickers or storage wars. The only truth in those shows is the story and the value about the items.
After all the talk of crap crude shows, we are enjoying This is Us on NBC of all places. So far a good show, we watched first 3 episodes last night. good characters and no smut, zombies, ballgags etc, just great characters and a good story line.
(01-08-2017, 01:36 PM)GPnative Wrote: After all the talk of crap crude shows, we are enjoying This is Us on NBC of all places. So far a good show, we watched first 3 episodes last night. good characters and no smut, zombies, ballgags etc, just great characters and a good story line.
Thanks GP...will give it a look.

Note to TVg. I agree that Netlix's documentaries have slipped: I guess they can't keep the same ones on the Streaming page forever.
But, for what it's worth here is a list of ones I thought were at least okay. I really like good documentaries and hope they add more soon. 

Planet Earth (Several)
Sex, Death, and the Meaning of Life
Particle Fever
The Future of Water
I'll be Me
Amanda Knox
DamNation
The Trials of Muhammad Ali.
Long Way Round
Long Way Down
Happy People

LATER EDIT: I failed to include "KILLSWICTH". Worth watching IMHO. (About the Internet)
(01-08-2017, 02:05 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 01:36 PM)GPnative Wrote: After all the talk of crap crude shows, we are enjoying This is Us on NBC of all places. So far a good show, we watched first 3 episodes last night. good characters and no smut, zombies, ballgags etc, just great characters and a good story line.
Thanks GP...will give it a look.

Note to TVg. I agree that Netlix's documentaries have slipped: I guess they can't keep the same ones on the Streaming page forever.
But, for what it's worth here is a list of ones I thought were at least okay. I really like good documentaries and hope they add more soon. 

Planet Earth (Several)
Sex, Death, and the Meaning of Life
Particle Fever
The Future of Water
I'll be Me
Amanda Knox
DamNation
The Trials of Muhammad Ali.
Long Way Round
Long Way Down
Happy People

I don't find Netflix has a lot in the way of streaming documentaries. Youtube is much better.  Though, sometimes the quality is questionable.

Surprised Blink