Television Shows!
(01-08-2017, 01:36 PM)GPnative Wrote: After all the talk of crap crude shows, we are enjoying This is Us on NBC of all places. So far a good show, we watched first 3 episodes last night. good characters and no smut, zombies, ballgags etc, just great characters and a good story line.
One of our new favs as well.
(01-08-2017, 02:14 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 01:36 PM)GPnative Wrote: After all the talk of crap crude shows, we are enjoying This is Us on NBC of all places. So far a good show, we watched first 3 episodes last night. good characters and no smut, zombies, ballgags etc, just great characters and a good story line.

Rotten Tomatoes loves it! Critics and views both rate it highly. 
I plead guilty to TV ignorance. Since I have missed the first episodes is there anywhere I can go to get the ones already aired?
(01-08-2017, 02:23 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I plead guilty to TV ignorance. Since I have missed the first episodes is there anywhere I can go to get the ones already aired?

Well we have it on demand thru dish network NBC, I assume you could get the episodes direct through NBC's website or app.

Try OnDemand... Maybe YouTube or Hulu?
(01-08-2017, 02:32 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

I'm embarrased to admit it, but we have On Demand with Charter cable and I never bothered checking it out. Need to spend more time with TV.  Embarrassed
I'll see if I can get it.
(01-08-2017, 02:35 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I'm embarrased to admit it, but we have On Demand with Charter cable and I never bothered checking it out. Need to spend more time with TV.  Embarrassed

We don't use it very often, But it comes in handy for just such occasions when you catch wind of a good show you missed.
(01-08-2017, 02:37 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 02:35 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 02:14 PM)Scrapper Wrote: One of our new favs as well.

We don't use it very often, But it comes in handy for just such occasions when you catch wind of a good show you missed.

I think I overlooked it (On Demand) because we have the DVR and record stuff we want to watch. And, we really don't watch a lot of TV so I'm way behind the times on what is out there. Now that I have ties older than Tia, and spend a lot more time in the house, I better bone up on what's out there. 

PS: I seldom miss eposides of LAW AND ORDER. (The original).  Laughing
(01-08-2017, 02:23 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Rotten Tomatoes loves it! Critics and views both rate it highly. 

1st Ep here: http://www.nbc.com/this-is-us/video/seri...re/3100176

All Ep.here: http://www.nbc.com/this-is-us/episodes
(01-08-2017, 03:02 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 02:23 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Rotten Tomatoes loves it! Critics and views both rate it highly. 

Thanks VS
(01-08-2017, 03:51 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Thanks VS

I have the cheap Roku Stick so I just need to add NBC channel to that to view it on the TV. Your best bet would be to search the title on Charter and do whatever it tells you to do to watch it.  Big Grin
(01-08-2017, 04:06 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Thanks VS

I have the cheap Roku Stick so I just need to add NBC channel to that to view it on the TV. Your best bet would be to search the title on Charter and do whatever it tells you to do to watch it.  Big Grin

I'm not sure but I don't know if Mrs. Wonky would like the competition.   Razz
(01-08-2017, 04:48 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 04:06 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Thanks VS

I'm not sure but I don't know if Mrs. Wonky would like the competition.   Razz

Hey Dude! You don't talk about my mamma and do don't talk about Mrs. Wonky!

(Because, even though Mrs.Wonky is "a bit" younger than myself, it's been awhile since we took instructions from videos.) Everybody sing, "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end".  Embarrassed
Bob Odenkirk is on Colbert tonight. Maybe the next season is getting close?
(02-16-2017, 12:14 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Bob Odenkirk is on Colbert tonight. Maybe the next season is getting close?

Maybe. I assume you're referring to "Saul". 

He is a Netflix thing that just showed up called "Girlfriends Day". I watched about 15 minutes of it.  Wink
(02-16-2017, 12:14 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Bob Odenkirk is on Colbert tonight. Maybe the next season is getting close?

I love that show. "Better call Saul" , it's hilarious.
Alaskan Bush people. Razz
Big Grin 

Taboo. I watched and liked it. So did my main squeeze.

Hey Wonky, NOW I'll never read no stinking book.. Look what I bought Razz At Costco for 700 bucks.

It's so big that in our small living room I can only watch half of it at a time. So it takes two hours to watch 60 minutes.

[Image: 2ens3yo.jpg]
(03-04-2017, 05:58 PM)tvguy Wrote: Taboo. I watched and liked it. So did my main squeeze.

Hey Wonky, NOW I'll never read no stinking book.. Look what I bought Razz At Costco for 700 bucks.

It's so big that in our small living room I can only watch half of it at a time. So it takes two hours to watch 60 minutes.

[Image: 2ens3yo.jpg]

Hey, if it makes you happy, I'm happy for you.
I have a 32" flat screen and it's enough for me. 
And I could buy lot's of books for what you paid for the TV.  Smiling

PS:  Of little or no interest to anyone but here is my EYE STORY. I post it only because I'm curious is anyone else has had the same experience. 
A few years ago I had cataracts removed from both eyes (at different times) For awhile I used drug store glasses for reading and in time went from 1 power to 1.75. Then, started having trouble reading with 1.75 so move to 2.00. And couldn't see well! Go figure. I guess I was somewhere in between? So, for some time I read on an electronic device (NOOK...Mrs. Wonky started there) and I could select a font that was easy to read.
Then...recently I grabbed by 2.0 readers and picked up a magazine and ...I can see! Who knows?
Anyway, I prefer reading paper most of the time but still read maybe a third of stuff on the NOOK. 
Some advantages to reading on electronic devious. I subscribe to magazines and get the hard copies but also can read them on my iPad. The issues on the iPad had additional features, like videos, and active links, that I like. 

Whatever. For those who bothered, sorry to bore you.
Why would anyone spend $1000 at Walmart for a television to watch current TV shows that make My mother, the car look intelligent?