Seligman House Fire
I do not see a thread on this subject yet. If there is, sorry for the duplicate. The article is in tonight's Courier. I do not know Seligman personally but I know there are a lot of spirited posts regarding him on here. I am glad he is OK, it is always sad to hear about someone losing their home. Best wishes for a speedy recovery to you both.

SELMA — Former Josephine County commission candidate Mark Seligman said he and his girlfriend tried to stop a fire that broke out in Seligman's living room early Sunday morning. They were unable to stop it, and both were injured in the flames that destroyed his home at 5626 Lakeshore Drive.

Full Story for those with a subscription: http://www.thedailycourier.com/articles/...ews001.txt
Ahh crap, there was a topic already....How did I miss that! Sorry......
I wonder if his computer melted?
It does conjure up an image of him ordering the fire "No means no!"
I hope it will be properly investigated.
Like if any exotic glassware might be found in the rubble?
(11-26-2013, 08:10 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I hope it will be properly investigated.

by the Medford PD? LaughingCool
If he was just any private citizen he might be entitled to a certain expectation of privacy, but since he's a several time candidate for public office we hold those up to a higher standard, and no amount of scrutiny seems too great for those kinds of people, does it? It seems like this should go straight to the attorney general.
Hmmm... I shall keep my thoughts to myself... for now any way.
Woha.......
I wish them well.
I know he was trying to sell the place within the past couple of years, or at least a piece of the property. I wonder if this really was an accident. I mean how long was dude in the bathroom. I wonder if he has recently raised his coverage. Where is the State Fire Marshall?
Things that make you go "Hmmmmm...."
Anyone have a link that doesn't require a subscription?
He hasn't been on RVF's site since 11/23, and he'd been catching a bit of flak for claiming Rays closing their stores meant voters in Joco couldn't afford to buy food and so it was obvious they couldn't afford to pay more taxes as per his agenda, either. This happened when, 11/25? I don't know if a 2 day absence is meaningful or not, has it ever happened before? Maybe we drove him to it.
I hope he wasn't doing the butane method to deal with the leaf trimmings.
They use a torch to smoke that stuff, too.
(11-26-2013, 11:53 PM)PonderThis Wrote: He hasn't been on RVF's site since 11/23, and he'd been catching a bit of flak for claiming Rays closing their stores meant voters in Joco couldn't afford to buy food and so it was obvious they couldn't afford to pay more taxes as per his agenda, either. This happened when, 11/25? I don't know if a 2 day absence is meaningful or not, has it ever happened before? Maybe we drove him to it.

The article said the fire broke out "early Sunday morning" so, 11/24
I'm trying to copy and paste the article, but can't do anything on this little notebook. Sad
The article said that the couch, next to the wood stove, was "ablaze". It might be the stove was too hot.
I don't wish fire on anyone. Scary stuff.
(11-27-2013, 09:51 AM)kadylady Wrote: I'm trying to copy and paste the article, but can't do anything on this little notebook. Sad
The article said that the couch, next to the wood stove, was "ablaze". It might be the stove was too hot.
I don't wish fire on anyone. Scary stuff.

I wonder how close the couch was to the stove?
Now that his house has burned down, he should get a reduction on his property tax.