New & Improved: WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
wig wag
?
(01-03-2014, 08:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 08:46 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 08:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 08:40 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 08:38 PM)tvguy Wrote: OK what if I paint a garter snake to look like a rattler and hot glue a rattle on his tail!
Yeah yeah, ya saw one of those last weekSad

Technically I guess that would be within the rules.

Hiding them in lampposts is popular.

Lamp posts eh? Being an electrician and working a lot on street lights , traffic signals and lamp posts .There is one thing I know that most people don't.
There's a black widow in every oneTwitch

LOL. No one has ever reported one.

There is one in Medford called WigWag. Not a lamp post one. But the guy was pointing out that the Wig Wag in Medford is one of only 50 left in the United States. Obviously a railroad buff. But it was cool. Instead of things it was knowledge. I appreciated it. And learned what a WigWag is.Big Grin

OH I see now. These hidden things are permanent. Anyway is a wigwag one of those old charcoal burners?
[Image: image004.jpg]

Well, the location is usually (but not necessarily permanent) like under a rock, or in a lamp post. But obviously the soccer ball or dog poop could be moved. The "cache" is located at or inside the location. Could be under something, or magnetically stuck to something, or stuck down a pole. I think there is one in one of the cannons in the park in Medford. I haven't checked on that one. And sometimes they get moved, as what happened when you moved one, or the area gets bulldozed or something and then it ceases to be. Then people make new ones.
ah. I know that one.......
never knew that's what they were called. Big Grin
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRnKDSokvEy-hl3UoeHdBf...O3s_IxREXi]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJgBqPUHumdGoQnn-L0FG...gNjRiZLLAC]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9At5dEuRLTxvAbRFHt7a...I--SByjgmG]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQwEpqP_Fc5N4XtH4WzAYa...1AMAVOE3Xw]
(01-03-2014, 09:04 PM)bbqboy Wrote: ....but is the wigwag a train signal/semaphore? inquiring minds want to know.

Medford WigWag.

(01-03-2014, 09:04 PM)bbqboy Wrote: ah. I know that one.......
never knew that's what they were called. Big Grin

See? I learned something!Laughing
This is what the cacher wrote for his cache:

Quote:There are only 54 active Wigwags remaining in the United States.

When I hid this cache in 2010, there were 68 remaining, so they are disappearing at the rate of 7 per year.

Look straight down the sidewalk from the cache, about 320 ft to the East, and you can see one of the 54.

What is a Wigwag, you may ask?

Answers here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wigwag_(railroad)

and here:

http://www.trainweb.org/dansrailpix/WIG_WAG_list.htm
And, lastly but not leastly, someone has put a video on youtube of this wigwag in action. You can find it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whkPhKbO1qc

Enjoy the day.

It wasn't in or around the WigWag, but within sight of it. I can only take the guy at his word.
As of 2013, only one wigwag in the US remains on a main rail line; a Magnetic Flagman (made in Minneapolis, MN) upper-quadrant at a rural crossing in Delhi, Colorado on the BNSF Railway.
made my day. we have a bunch on CORP. Big Grin
(01-03-2014, 09:32 PM)bbqboy Wrote: made my day. we have a bunch on CORP. Big Grin

Yeah, but is it considered a main line? I believe CORP runs from Black Butte to Eugene only.
I will never utter the phrase "I am bored" again. Laughing
My eyeballs squirted today... more than once. I hope they don't tomorrow.
(01-03-2014, 10:32 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I will never utter the phrase "I am bored" again. Laughing

LaughingLaughing I was also thinking the who gives a s**t how man wagwigs there are.
(01-03-2014, 10:57 PM)Scrapper Wrote: My eyeballs squirted today... more than once. I hope they don't tomorrow.

Unless they're squirting right now you're on the wrong threadRazz
(01-03-2014, 11:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 10:57 PM)Scrapper Wrote: My eyeballs squirted today... more than once. I hope they don't tomorrow.

Unless they're squirting right now you're on the wrong threadRazz

They're dry right now.

Carry on.
Crap. I admit to not getting it. Explain it to me please.
(01-03-2014, 11:29 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Crap. I admit to not getting it. Explain it to me please.

Explain what? How eyeballs squirt? I don't know, I guess tear ducts do.
Like when you see what happens to old Yeller.
(01-03-2014, 11:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-03-2014, 11:29 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Crap. I admit to not getting it. Explain it to me please.

I'm feeling like I missed something. After BBQ's post, Cletus posts that he'll never utter the phrase "I'm bored again" with a laughing smiley. Then Scrapper posts about her eyes squirtinUnsureIt seemed connected and yet I'm missing it? Cletus is just mocking my posts or what? I'm lost.
(01-03-2014, 11:41 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

I'm feeling like I missed something. After BBQ's post, Cletus posts that he'll never utter the phrase "I'm bored again" with a laughing smiley. Then Scrapper posts about her eyes squirtinUnsureIt seemed connected and yet I'm missing it? Cletus is just mocking my posts or what? I'm lost.

Me too.
(01-03-2014, 11:41 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

I might be lost too but I thought Cletus was making a sarcastic remark because there was so much talk about a stupid wigwag.
I was thinking that also.Smiling