New & Improved: WHAT ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW?
(01-08-2017, 11:02 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 10:49 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 10:26 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Reading.

Too much reading.

I've been feeling "cabin fever". I drive a standard pickup (not 4WD) and even with some sand bags in the bed it tends to whip around on corners when there is ice or snow on the streets. So, I've been staying off the roads because I have no real "need" to be out and get in the way of others who MUST be out there to get to work, etc. 

Mrs. Wonky drives a PT Crusier ( Embarrassed Yeah, I know) and because it's front wheel drive will probablly do better in winter conditions. But, we have been "well stocked" and have not felt the need to drive for these few days. 

But soon, I gotta get out and mingle with the masses. God knows I don't want to get so bored I feel the need to watch football games like the one between Texas/Oakland.  Razz

"This too, shall pass". 

Soon, I hope. Let the rains begin.

I was going to suggest driving your truck backwards so you'd have front wheel drive...... but then you mentioned you're wife's car, so no need.    Smiling

Hey, I appreciate the advice! Driving backwards didn't even occured to me.  Embarrassed. So obvious. 
(I'm not ALLOWED to drive Mrs. Wonky's car, and wouldn't anyway. Have you EVER seen a man driving PT Crusier?)

Laughing

Actually, yeah. My brother tows his travel trailer with one. He just has little trouble seeing over the hood!  And braking!
(01-08-2017, 10:21 AM)chuck white Wrote: I was going to clean the snow off my roof, but got stop by this guy.
I didn't want to disturb him

[Image: DSCF0585.JPG]

Nice. Smiling   Although there's a lot of superstitions about visits from owls.
(01-08-2017, 11:15 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 10:21 AM)chuck white Wrote: I was going to clean the snow off my roof, but got stop by this guy.

Who?

Very cool. So why clean the snow off your roof?

Too much reading.

I've been feeling "cabin fever". I drive a standard pickup (not 4WD) and even with some sand bags in the bed it tends to whip around on corners when there is ice or snow on the streets. So, I've been staying off the roads because I have no real "need" to be out and get in the way of others who MUST be out there to get to work, etc. 

Mrs. Wonky drives a PT Crusier ( Embarrassed Yeah, I know) and because it's front wheel drive will probablly do better in winter conditions. But, we have been "well stocked" and have not felt the need to drive for these few days. 

But soon, I gotta get out and mingle with the masses. God knows I don't want to get so bored I feel the need to watch football games like the one between Texas/Oakland.  Razz

"This too, shall pass". 

and because it's front wheel drive will probablly do better in winter conditions.

Not probably. DEFINITELY Big Grin I remember the first time I drove a front wheel drive car in the snow. I was amazed at how much better it held the road.

BTW, what do you need a truck for? 2 wheel dr trucks are horrible on the road.
(01-08-2017, 11:30 AM)tvguy Wrote: Very cool. So why clean the snow off your roof?

I think if there is more than a few inches of snow it's a problem when the rain comes. Instead of melting, the snow holds the rain and then freezes, then it becomes VERY heavy.

Never heard of any myself. I have heard that if a bird comes in your house it's a sign that someone will die.
Maybe the bird Razz

Too much reading.

"This too, shall pass". 

I was going to suggest driving your truck backwards so you'd have front wheel drive...... but then you mentioned you're wife's car, so no need.    Smiling

Hey, I appreciate the advice! Driving backwards didn't even occured to me.  Embarrassed. So obvious. 
(I'm not ALLOWED to drive Mrs. Wonky's car, and wouldn't anyway. Have you EVER seen a man driving PT Crusier?)

I had to rent a car to to go Portland one time and they gave me a pt cruiser. I felt ashamed the whole way.
(01-08-2017, 11:18 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Who?
Who?  Like Hoo Hoo.   ???
(01-08-2017, 01:41 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Too much reading.

"This too, shall pass". 

I had to rent a car to to go Portland one time and they gave me a pt cruiser. I felt ashamed the whole way.
I know! I swear the couple of times I had to drive my wife's PT Cruiser I felt bloated, mood swings, and had a urge to go to TJ Max to shop.  Embarrassed 

Hey TVg...in answer to your question about why I need a pickup (especially without 4WD), I have no good answer. Except, once I had to go pick up a 40 pound bag of lawn fertilizer, so of course rushed down to the dealer to buy a truck. Also handy when I find a sale on prunes. (I like to have PLENTY on hand).
What it's NOT good for: Helping people move. I have no shame...I just say no.
(01-08-2017, 11:30 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Very cool. So why clean the snow off your roof?

The flashing dams up and I get a leak

Too much reading.

"This too, shall pass". 

They must be crap cars based on the low prices people ask for relatively newer cars.
(01-08-2017, 05:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Too much reading.

"This too, shall pass". 

They must be crap cars based on the low prices people ask for relatively newer cars.

Could be. Mrs. Wonky has had hers for 14 years and it runs like a top. She is METICULOUS about routine maintence and even has the dealer replace wiper blades twice a year. She had the poeple at Miracle Shield do that thing that "coats" the paint.  Wink (She just "turned" 50K miles...sometimes drive as much as 6 miles a day). 

She won't allow music to be played while driving because it is a "distraction".   Mad

You wanna thank the Lord? Thank him you were not a student in her math classes. 

But, she is a sweetheart, the love of my life, and the best damn thing that ever happened to me. I'll never know why she agreed to let me into her bed. (But then she BEGGED me to marry her.  Razz Razz Razz )

(And she would shoot my sorry old ass if she knew I was posting this crap!)
Did anyone see the beautiful picture of HolyMaryMotherofGod daughter this morning? So pretty and her dress was prefect. I guess she deleted it later. It makes me sad that I didn't say something. Her daughter looked so happy and beautiful.
(01-08-2017, 07:10 PM)Jeep Wrote: Did anyone see the beautiful picture of HolyMaryMotherofGod daughter this morning? So pretty and her dress was prefect. I guess she deleted it later. It makes me sad that I didn't say something. Her daughter looked so happy and beautiful.
No. I wish I had. Often times sharing a little of ourselves helps others be nicer. It's easy for some to treat others badly when hidden behind a keyboard. I love getting to know those I share ideas, beliefs, etc. with online.
(01-08-2017, 07:10 PM)Jeep Wrote: Did anyone see the beautiful picture of HolyMaryMotherofGod daughter this morning?  So pretty and her dress was prefect.  I guess she deleted it later.  It makes me sad that I didn't say something.  Her daughter looked so happy and beautiful.

Thank  you!  She attended her first formal dance last night. She had a wonderful time, and was even asked by a boy to dance. She went with all mainstream peers, and fit in perfectly. She has come so far since we moved here! Her peers are so loving and accepting of her. 
[Image: 0107171829-00_zpswjv4fp9d.jpg]
[Image: 0107171833-00_zpspkltqtn3.jpg]
She's adorable and looks a lot like you. I envy you as I can't get my 15 YO to go to a dance. She's gone to a couple of football games and some teen nights at the local library with friends, but that the extent of her social life.
Thank you for posting again. Dress. Hair. Face. Hello world!..... Good to go!
(01-08-2017, 08:12 PM)Valuesize Wrote: She's adorable and looks a lot like you. I envy you as I can't get my 15 YO to go to a dance. She's gone to a couple of football games and some teen nights at the local library with friends, but that the extent of her social life.

Thank you! She already has an invite to the Valentine's dance and the prom. Time to go find more dresses. 
She is really outgoing. If we didn't live almost 40 miles from her school, she'd be at EVERYTHING!
(01-08-2017, 08:13 PM)Jeep Wrote: Thank you for posting again. Dress. Hair. Face. Hello world!..... Good to go!

I see bare feet. What kind of footwear works for a dress and weather in the teens?  Big Grin