Recipes/Food Chat
http://thestayathomechef.com/authentic-carne-asada/

Authentic Carne Asada
Rachel Farnsworth
Marinated flank steak is grilled to perfection for the best Authentic Carne Asada. This tender, grilled meat is full of authentic Mexican flavor.
[url=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OhvqkCnp0AM/VxEhFu3IoVI/AAAAAAAAcEs/Y_o5XP5LdXE-B06QeZSZRZvP8ulW-OIygCLcB/s1600/Authentic%2BCarne%2BAsada%2B1-1.jpg][/url]
(03-04-2017, 12:05 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: http://thestayathomechef.com/authentic-carne-asada/

Authentic Carne Asada
Rachel Farnsworth
Marinated flank steak is grilled to perfection for the best Authentic Carne Asada. This tender, grilled meat is full of authentic Mexican flavor.
[url=https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-OhvqkCnp0AM/VxEhFu3IoVI/AAAAAAAAcEs/Y_o5XP5LdXE-B06QeZSZRZvP8ulW-OIygCLcB/s1600/Authentic%2BCarne%2BAsada%2B1-1.jpg][/url]

I used to do this exact recipe a LOT about 25+ years ago, always for the football parties. Works with chicken also. Thanks for reminding me I need to make it again.
I see you have a Panera Bread in Medford now. They're pretty popular up here, anyone tried it? Like or not like? I hear Starbucks is poised to buy the whole chain.
(04-03-2017, 12:13 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I see you have a Panera Bread in Medford now. They're pretty popular up here, anyone tried it? Like or not like? I hear Starbucks is poised to buy the whole chain.

Don't think so. A quick google doesn't come up with anything nearer then Springfield.
(04-03-2017, 08:11 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 12:13 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I see you have a Panera Bread in Medford now. They're pretty popular up here, anyone tried it? Like or not like? I hear Starbucks is poised to buy the whole chain.

Don't think so. A quick google doesn't come up with anything nearer then Springfield.

Who knew there was a Riverside Avenue in Medford MA.  Laughing I sit corrected.  Embarrassed
(04-03-2017, 09:19 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Who knew there was a Riverside Avenue in Medford MA.  Laughing I sit corrected.  Embarrassed

I would think there are hundreds riverside ave's, and broad st and main st and elm st and.......
But yeah it would have fooled me too.
(04-04-2017, 01:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-03-2017, 09:19 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I would think there are hundreds riverside ave's, and broad st and main st and elm st and.......
But yeah it would have fooled me too.

The one here should be Creekside Avenue most of the year.   Smiling

And the winner is.... JAB Holding Co. with a near record breaking 7.5 billion dollar deal. 

Quote:Panera Bread Co. has agreed to be acquired by the parent of Krispy Kreme and Caribou Coffee in a deal valued at $7.5 billion, one of the highest prices ever paid for a restaurant company.
The deal, announced after two days of speculation over what company would have the wherewithal to buy the high-flying bakery-café chain, transforms buyer JAB Holding Co. into a global restaurant powerhouse. 
Backed by Austria’s multi-billionaire Reimann family, JAB has acquired a number of smaller operations, nearly all of which compete in the bakery or coffee markets.  Those previous additions to the fold include the Einstein Bros and Noah’s Bagels chains, and the Peet’s Coffee & Tea and Stumptown coffee businesses.
It acquired Krispy Kreme in May for $1.35 billion, or 19 times the doughnut chain’s earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, or EBITDA.
JAB agreed to pay Panera stockholders $315 per share in cash to take Panera private. The deal also calls for the buyer to assume $340 million in debt.
Panera CEO Ron Shaich and “parties affiliated with him” have agreed to tender their 15.5% of the company’s outstanding shares to JAB. Panera’s board has also approved the deal.
“We believe this transaction with JAB offers the best way to continue to operate” with shareholders, employees and franchisees in mind, Shaich said in a prepared statement.
JAB indicated that Panera’s management will remain in place.
The deal is expected to close during the third quarter of 2017.
Simultaneous with announcing the deal, Panera revealed that same-store sales for the first quarter rose 5.3%.

Keeping to the sharing theme this evening.... Not food, but certainly to be enjoyed with some, I found a VERY delicious chardonnay at Grocery Outlet for $4.99. It's called Postcards (2012) and I hope there will be another bottle available next time I pop in there.  Smiling
(08-18-2017, 11:16 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Keeping to the sharing theme this evening.... Not food, but certainly to be enjoyed with some, I found a VERY delicious chardonnay at Grocery Outlet for $4.99. It's called Postcards (2012) and I hope there will be another bottle available next time I pop in there.  Smiling

Only girls who graduated Mills College drink Chardonnay. 
Real men drink Bud, (and NOT Bud-lite) and never from a glass.  Big Grin
(08-19-2017, 08:09 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 11:16 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Keeping to the sharing theme this evening.... Not food, but certainly to be enjoyed with some, I found a VERY delicious chardonnay at Grocery Outlet for $4.99. It's called Postcards (2012) and I hope there will be another bottle available next time I pop in there.  Smiling

Only girls who graduated Mills College drink Chardonnay. 
Real men drink Bud, (and NOT Bud-lite) and never from a glass.  Big Grin

Or a straw. Razz

Wine. Meh.  I was given a gift basket from my co workers at my job. Very sweet of them. It was filled with what I supposed most women would enjoy receiving.  Dark Chocolate, Red Wine, Fresh Fruit.  Hilarious!  All three of those are on my I Don't Care For That list!   Laughing
(08-19-2017, 09:00 AM)Juniper Wrote:

Wine. Meh.  I was given a gift basket from my co workers at my job. Very sweet of them. It was filled with what I supposed most women would enjoy receiving.  Dark Chocolate, Red Wine, Fresh Fruit.  Hilarious!  All three of those are on my I Don't Care For That list!   Laughing
Still, seems like a thoughtful gesture. Perhaps you can give the things you don't care for to someone else. 

"Gift horse" and all that...
(08-19-2017, 09:03 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Still, seems like a thoughtful gesture. Perhaps you can give the things you don't care for to someone else. 

"Gift horse" and all that...
Of course it was a thoughtful gesture!

Ditto that!
And... Wonky... Bud? Blink  Seriously?  Thumbs Down
Real men drink Coors Light!  Big Grin
(08-19-2017, 09:06 AM)Scrapper Wrote: And... Wonky... Bud? Blink  Seriously?  Thumbs Down

How do you tell the difference?
(08-19-2017, 09:30 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-19-2017, 09:06 AM)Scrapper Wrote: And... Wonky... Bud? Blink  Seriously?  Thumbs Down

Bud tastes like piss.
Coors tastes like old piss.  Wink
(08-19-2017, 11:08 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Bud tastes like piss.

That's why I drink Old Frothingslosh.
(08-19-2017, 11:08 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Bud tastes like piss.

How old?