Just for fun
Medford Police
about an hour ago
Great job by Oregon State Police in taking Daniel Martinson into custody today for Murder. We have been talking about him on Crimestoppers and have been looking for him for quite a while. He was found at 9:30 today carrying a box of food from a local food bank in Cave Junction. Looks like life on the run caused him to make some interesting clothing choices.

[Image: 10430372_259354360938484_5539480340231415832_n.jpg]
Look at their faces. Laughing

[Image: 10430372_259354360938484_553948034023141...c86d5c.jpg]
[Image: 15339011-large.jpg]
Here is the guy they first thought was the possible killer.

[Image: michael-mcdonald.jpg]
(07-23-2014, 01:21 PM)Valuesize Wrote: [Image: 15339011-large.jpg]

Hard to believe that this is the same guy...
[Image: B06050296.jpg]
(07-23-2014, 01:53 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Not if it's one of those before and after meth photos.

There is a TV show called Jail. Usually It's mildly entertaining and sometimes sad sometimes eye opening.
If you wonder what kind of people fill our jails, watch the show and you will see in about 5 minutes.
Almost entirely drunks. But plenty of drug users and many of them are drunk also.

Anyway, back the pictures of Martinson. At at least one of the jails on the show I've seen the deputies pull up ALL the mug shots of the meth users, chronologically.
They then show them to the inmates with the hopes they can see with their own eyes what they are doing to their body.
(07-23-2014, 01:14 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Look at their faces. Laughing

Yeah they're Jealous of his stylish camo hat. They want to be like this....

[Image: 2vx3b6v.jpg]
(07-23-2014, 03:58 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 01:14 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Look at their faces. Laughing

Yeah they're Jealous of his stylish camo hat. They want to be like this....

[Image: 2vx3b6v.jpg]

LaughingLaughingLaughing
(07-23-2014, 03:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:

There is a TV show called Jail. Usually It's mildly entertaining and sometimes sad sometimes eye opening.
If you wonder what kind of people fill our jails, watch the show and you will see in about 5 minutes.
Almost entirely drunks. But plenty of drug users and many of them are drunk also.

Anyway, back the pictures of Martinson. At at least one of the jails on the show I've seen the deputies pull up ALL the mug shots of the meth users, chronologically.
They then show them to the inmates with the hopes they can see with their own eyes what they are doing to their body.
I wonder if he started with pot?

(07-23-2014, 09:35 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Of course he did. After he started with alcohol.
(07-23-2014, 10:29 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

I have it on good authority, that he started with mother's milk.
(07-23-2014, 10:29 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(07-23-2014, 01:21 PM)Valuesize Wrote: [img] northwest-news/photo/15339011-large.jpg[/img]

Yeah I can't tell if Scrapper is serious or not. I hope not. And I was thinking the exact same thing as you.
I'm pretty damn sure more kids who ended up on hard drugs later in life were sneaking a little booze from mom and dad or their buddies mom and dad way before they ever found any pot. Actually the same is true with nicotine.
I know for a fact my three kids all sneaked beer from me. They told me years later.
To try and vilify Marijuana calling it a Gateway, implying that it's use causes kids to use hard drugs is IMO absurd.
If anything the attraction for some kids is the fact that it's illegal. And when people find out pot is NOTHING like the LIES government, the schools and law enforcement have been telling... Then they learned to distrust authority on other matters.
I think it depends on the persons addictive personality. If one must find the gateway to harder drugs its through cigarettes and booze.IMO
The people I know that ended up hooked on meth (4 people) or heroin (2 people) started smoking pot at 13-14 years old. Started experimenting with other things at 16-17 years old. Hooked on meth or heroin by 19 years old. Alcohol was never even a part of their picture. One actually went to rehab and quit meth... but after getting out of rehab started drinking alcohol (a lot!), but that only last a month or so and they went back to the meth... and alcohol was never an issue again. 3 of the people are now dead; none living past 40.
(07-24-2014, 05:30 PM)Scrapper Wrote: The people I know that ended up hooked on meth (4 people) or heroin (2 people) started smoking pot at 13-14 years old. Started experimenting with other things at 16-17 years old. Hooked on meth or heroin by 19 years old. Alcohol was never even a part of their picture. One actually went to rehab and quit meth... but after getting out of rehab started drinking alcohol (a lot!), but that only last a month or so and they went back to the meth... and alcohol was never an issue again. 3 of the people are now dead; none living past 40.

You knew four people and you are drawing conclusions from that?
I can honestly say I've known at least a hundred people who were hooked on hard drugs of all kinds. I guess I've had a lot more experience "Cause I've had friends in low places where the whiskey flows and....Razz
My buddy who I was stationed with in Germany in 1970 when I was 17 was hooked on morphine. He was still shooting up in one arm while he was in the hospital (Jaundice) with an IV in the other arm. I had two close high school friends who believe it or not were hooked on prescription cold medicine.
They used to drive all over southern Ohio to get behind the prescription counters of small town drug stores and steal anything they could get their hands on.

One of those two became a cocaine dealer and addicted. He killed two people who allegedly ripped him off. Cut up their bodies in the bath tub and bagged the parts and threw them in dumpsters.
His girl friend turned on him he was convicted and was the last person in the state of Ohio to be executed.
The first time I went to California was with this guy.
So when I say I had friends in low places, I'm not kiddingSmiling

Back to the point..When I was a school kid Marijuana wasn't even that popular yet where I lived. There was only a couple kids who had any in the entire high school. But EVERYONE drank WAY before it was legal. There was a carryout on the edge of town that would sell beer to anyone. So when the kids didn't even have pot they still went on to get addicted to hard drugs. So why in the hell isn't alcohol a "gateway drug".

A lot of people who speak better that I do have explained why the MJ is a gateway drug idea is just a common myth.
(07-24-2014, 06:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-24-2014, 05:30 PM)Scrapper Wrote: The people I know that ended up hooked on meth (4 people) or heroin (2 people) started smoking pot at 13-14 years old. Started experimenting with other things at 16-17 years old. Hooked on meth or heroin by 19 years old. Alcohol was never even a part of their picture. One actually went to rehab and quit meth... but after getting out of rehab started drinking alcohol (a lot!), but that only last a month or so and they went back to the meth... and alcohol was never an issue again. 3 of the people are now dead; none living past 40.

You knew four people and you are drawing conclusions from that?
I can honestly say I've known at least a hundred people who were hooked on hard drugs of all kinds. I guess I've had a lot more experience "Cause I've had friends in low places where the whiskey flows and....Razz
My buddy who I was stationed with in Germany in 1970 when I was 17 was hooked on morphine. He was still shooting up in one arm while he was in the hospital (Jaundice) with an IV in the other arm. I had two close high school friends who believe it or not were hooked on prescription cold medicine.
They used to drive all over southern Ohio to get behind the prescription counters of small town drug stores and steal anything they could get their hands on.

One of those two became a cocaine dealer and addicted. He killed two people who allegedly ripped him off. Cut up their bodies in the bath tub and bagged the parts and threw them in dumpsters.
His girl friend turned on him he was convicted and was the last person in the state of Ohio to be executed.
The first time I went to California was with this guy.
So when I say I had friends in low places, I'm not kiddingSmiling

Back to the point..When I was a school kid Marijuana wasn't even that popular yet where I lived. There was only a couple kids who had any in the entire high school. But EVERYONE drank WAY before it was legal. There was a carryout on the edge of town that would sell beer to anyone. So when the kids didn't even have pot they still went on to get addicted to hard drugs. So why in the hell isn't alcohol a "gateway drug".

A lot of people who speak better that I do have explained why the MJ is a gateway drug idea is just a common myth.

Because alcohol is legal. That magically changes everything.