17.63 Really?
Okay. I get the green thing. A bit much . By a long stretch.
I'm intrigued. What are you talking about?
(10-23-2014, 06:07 AM)oregon 67 Wrote: Okay. I get the green thing. A bit much . By a long stretch.
Yep.
(10-23-2014, 06:49 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I'm intrigued. What are you talking about?

It's a Josephine County ballot measure to prohibit pesticide use by commercial entities.

http://www.freedomfrompesticidesalliance...asure17_63
(10-23-2014, 06:58 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

It's a Josephine County ballot measure to prohibit pesticide use by commercial entities.

What?
You mean I can't spray DDT on my MJ crop?
(10-23-2014, 12:03 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(10-23-2014, 06:58 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

What?
You mean I can't spray DDT on my MJ crop?

not if you are growing commerish
This is the most ridiculous measure I've seen in a long time put together by clueless people who may have had good intentions but it is so far overreaching that it is pathetic. Vote NO.
(10-23-2014, 07:53 PM)minuteman Wrote: This is the most ridiculous measure I've seen in a long time put together by clueless people who may have had good intentions but it is so far overreaching that it is pathetic. Vote NO.

I think most of the
"green/organic" measures are too much. They aren't well thought out. But I don't think they are completely ignorant.If we have standards that are completely dictated by commercial/monetary interest, and the public finally decides to push back, it's time for some honest measures that can meet the needs of both sides. And that means both sides need to work together. It kind of feels as partisan as politics.
Imo the feeling of partisanship comes from the simple attack on our personal values . An we must defend ourselves.

The political partisanship will only end when we have a common goal. An odd cumbersome system to stop a potential monarchy .

I don't know how this vague measure made the ballot. Except residential property , Cut the people who have had training in pesticide /herbicide application from their jobs. Allows someone who watched an episode of the DIY channel to be the professional.

So. Joko voters, Library levy ? While I normally refrain from levy madness , It is almost worth $80 a year to watch MaMa Cass etel have distended neck veins .
By all means, support the Library! Its interesting to note that the ones screaming "NO" the loudest are using public safety as a higher priority. Yet, these are the same people who have campaigned vehemently against every public safety levy in the last 5 years.

A few facts to consider. In 1997, voters approved a 33 cent levy for the library. In 1998, state-wide voters made all temporary levies permanent but part of the general fund. The county tax rate had been 25 cents, but with the library money, it became 58 cents and has been ever since. The library was cut off completely in 2006, even though the county charter calls for the county to provide continuing library operations! If that original 33 cents dedicated to the library was still used for its intended purpose, the district would not be necessary. It would generate about 2 million dollars. The current general fund gives the sheriff 2 million dollars. Interesting?