Worst Cities In Oregon
Laughing
(06-24-2015, 06:18 PM)Big Rock Wrote:
(06-24-2015, 05:53 PM)They Hugo Wrote: And Grants Pass still sucks.....

They're having another big, stupid debate in Grants Pass about the logo...or the slogan or whatever. The current one is "Face down in the Rogue," or something. I think "And Grants Pass still sucks..." would be much better. I vote YES!

Laughing Laughing
(06-25-2015, 05:39 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-24-2015, 04:03 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Did you bother to read it?  The writer is an idiot and obviously doesn't have a clue what he's writing about.   I mean... since when has there been a Roseburg North?  Never.   And since when has Roseburg been located North of Eugene?  Never.   It's nothing but crap.

You are right Scrapper. I think the writer's methodology stinks. I lived in Brookings and I would never have scored it below White City or a few other cities on the list. 

I think you could ask most locals where they would rather live, White City or Grants Pass and Grants Pass would win. I know that I would rather be sitting on the sidewalk in front of a restaurant on G Street, then sitting in that run down shopping Center in White City.  

I agree and even that run down shopping center lost the only reason anyone ever went there , the
  grocery store.
(06-25-2015, 10:35 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-24-2015, 04:03 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Did you bother to read it?  The writer is an idiot and obviously doesn't have a clue what he's writing about.   I mean... since when has there been a Roseburg North?  Never.   And since when has Roseburg been located North of Eugene?  Never.   It's nothing but crap.

You are right Scrapper. I think the writer's methodology stinks. I lived in Brookings and I would never have scored it below White City or a few other cities on the list. 

I think you could ask most locals where they would rather live, White City or Grants Pass and Grants Pass would win. I know that I would rather be sitting on the sidewalk in front of a restaurant on G Street, then sitting in that run down shopping Center in White City.  

I agree and even that run down shopping center lost the only reason anyone ever went there , the
  grocery store.

For sure! A big part of my life is going to the shopping center for the junk food I need, and I couldn't live without strip malls. Who ARE these people anyway? Maybe the folks who own Nordstom's?  (And if misspelled it I don't even care) 
(06-25-2015, 04:13 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 10:35 AM)tvguy Wrote:

grocery store.

For sure! A big part of my life is going to the shopping center for the junk food I need, and I couldn't live without strip malls. Who ARE these people anyway? Maybe the folks who own Nordstom's?  (And if misspelled it I don't even care) 

I have a neighbor with no car who spends his food stamps at stop&go's. So sometimes I would drop him off at the store In white city because it's on my way. Yes I'm not ALL bad.. just mostly.
So I imagine there are quite a few who really needed a grocery store in White city
Grants Pass is beautiful from the freeway, driving past.....
(06-25-2015, 08:35 PM)Hugo Wrote: Grants Pass is beautiful from the freeway, driving past.....

Laughing  I think this is what Shakespeare meant when he coined the term, "Faint Praise".