Heat and kids and pets
WEATHER[b] 

Hot, hot, hot
[/b]

Triple digits are predicted over much of coming two weeks

By Bob Hunter

Mail Tribune

So you’re not crazy about the heat that’s enveloping the Rogue Valley? Then you really won’t be happy to read this: At least one weather forecaster predicts the high temperatures will be 100 degrees or more for 15 of the next 16 days, starting today.

AccuWeather, which provides weather reports for media outlets across the country (including the Mail Tribune), predicts 100-degree-plus weather every day through July 3, followed by a cool 99 degrees on the Fourth of July, then six more days of triple digit
s. 

<Snip) 

That time of year again. 
Gonna be REALLY hot.
As we go about our daily routines out and about, we might want to be "nosy citizens" and watch for cars where the little ones or pets may be locked inside hot vehicles. It happens...all too often. It's impossible to know why some folks can be so careless, but if we  happen on this we should take whatever action we feel is necessary. I, for one, will smash glass if I feel there is a chance that a 9-1-1 call won't bring a response quickly  enough. 

Let's just hope it doesn't happen. 
(06-25-2015, 08:04 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: WEATHER[b] 

Hot, hot, hot
[/b]

By Bob Hunter

Mail Tribune

So you’re not crazy about the heat that’s enveloping the Rogue Valley? Then you really won’t be happy to read this: At least one weather forecaster predicts the high temperatures will be 100 degrees or more for 15 of the next 16 days, starting today.

AccuWeather, which provides weather reports for media outlets across the country (including the Mail Tribune), predicts 100-degree-plus weather every day through July 3, followed by a cool 99 degrees on the Fourth of July, then six more days of triple digit
s. 

<Snip) 

That time of year again. 
Gonna be REALLY hot.
As we go about our daily routines out and about, we might want to be "nosy citizens" and watch for cars where the little ones or pets may be locked inside hot vehicles. It happens...all too often. It's impossible to know why some folks can be so careless, but if we  happen on this we should take whatever action we feel is necessary. I, for one, will smash glass if I feel there is a chance that a 9-1-1 call won't bring a response quickly  enough. 

Please don't smash the glass in my car when my dogs inside and the windows are all rolled up. Look carefully... my engine is running and the AC is on. Big Grin
(06-25-2015, 10:26 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Hot, hot, hot
[/b]

By Bob Hunter

Mail Tribune

s. 

<Snip) 

That time of year again. 
Gonna be REALLY hot.

Please don't smash the glass in my car when my dogs inside and the windows are all rolled up. Look carefully... my engine is running and the AC is on. Big Grin

Now see!
That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I know you only buy two dollars of gas at a time and it's more than just possible your car will run out of gas and the AC shut down.
(And, I've been wanting to smash your glass for years  Laughing ) 
I saw wonky at the crap for Less store yesterday.he did leave his wife in the car with the windows cracked a couple inches.good man he practices what he preaches...... does she always scratch at the glass like that?
Laughing Laughing Laughing
(06-25-2015, 08:05 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hey Cuzz, TVg ain't so darn funny. It's true, I left the old woman in the hot car while I went to the Thrift Shoppe, and I did leave the windows up. Hell, I can't allow my woman to be attacked by some wild mad man wanting to steal the S&H Green stamps she saved. And, I left her a bucket of cold water to soak her feet in and a sponge to cool down her neck. Plus, I left the sports section of the Mail Tribune so she could fan herself. Hells bells, I'm a LIBERAL for cryin' out loud, I gotta treat my woman good or they won't let me go to the annual Eleanor Roosevelt catfish dinner. (Someday I'm gonna take her too)

But I admit I don't treat my woman as good as TVg treats his dog. TVg buys Milk Bone for the family and rib eye steak for the dog. The dog is in his will. ONLY the dog. TVg goes to the vet: The dog goes to a family practitioner at the Medford Clinic. TVg cuts his own hair: The dog goes to a groomer in northern California. Well...you get the picture. 

So enough about how I treat the old woman. Hell, last year I bought her an electric washing machine. That right there proves something. 
(06-25-2015, 08:58 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Hey Cuzz, TVg ain't so darn funny. It's true, I left the old woman in the hot car while I went to the Thrift Shoppe, and I did leave the windows up. Hell, I can't allow my woman to be attacked by some wild mad man wanting to steal the S&H Green stamps she saved. And, I left her a bucket of cold water to soak her feet in and a sponge to cool down her neck. Plus, I left the sports section of the Mail Tribune so she could fan herself. Hells bells, I'm a LIBERAL for cryin' out loud, I gotta treat my woman good or they won't let me go to the annual Eleanor Roosevelt catfish dinner. (Someday I'm gonna take her too)

But I admit I don't treat my woman as good as TVg treats his dog. TVg buys Milk Bone for the family and rib eye steak for the dog. The dog is in his will. ONLY the dog. TVg goes to the vet: The dog goes to a family practitioner at the Medford Clinic. TVg cuts his own hair: The dog goes to a groomer in northern California. Well...you get the picture. 

So enough about how I treat the old woman. Hell, last year I bought her an electric washing machine. That right there proves something. 

Did the washing machine work? Or is getting it fixed next years present?
(06-25-2015, 09:10 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Okay, you got a point. I kinda works. The spin cycle don't spin so she has to wring the stuff dry before she hangs in on the clothes line, but she says it beats that washboard all to heck. She's a good woman and thankful for her blessings. She will be 16 next year and I'm thinking of letting her take the Greyhound to see her people. I'm just naturally big hearted. 
(06-25-2015, 09:18 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Okay, you got a point. I kinda works. The spin cycle don't spin so she has to wring the stuff dry before she hangs in on the clothes line, but she says it beats that washboard all to heck. She's a good woman and thankful for her blessings. She will be 16 next year and I'm thinking of letting her take the Greyhound to see her people. I'm just naturally big hearted. 

People can say what they want about you, but there's no denying your generosity. Nor your pursuit of cutting edge technology. Why, mere decades ago you'd be cutting edge.
(06-25-2015, 09:39 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-25-2015, 09:18 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

People can say what they want about you, but there's no denying your generosity. Nor your pursuit of cutting edge technology. Why, mere decades ago you'd be cutting edge.
Hot damn, you're a good ol' boy who sees the truth and appreciates it for all it's worth. And I hope it's ain't braggin' to say I am a generous fella. Just last week I gave four pair of my BVD's to the Salvation Army even though I know they had a good six or eight weeks left in 'em. 

Hot, hot, hot
[/b]

By Bob Hunter

Mail Tribune

s. 

<Snip) 

That time of year again. 
Gonna be REALLY hot.

[Image: 10450448_812584788753300_707445963317086...e=5628B658]
[Image: Woman-excessive-sweating-522553.jpg]

Wonky's wife sweating in a hot car.
(06-25-2015, 11:15 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Hot, hot, hot
[/b]

By Bob Hunter

Mail Tribune

s. 

<Snip) 

That time of year again. 
Gonna be REALLY hot.

So, Dude is TVguy's real name??
(06-26-2015, 06:09 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

Hot, hot, hot
[/b]

By Bob Hunter

Mail Tribune

s. 

<Snip) 

That time of year again. 
Gonna be REALLY hot.

You mean you have never heard him say, "The Dude Abides"?  Big Grin
(06-26-2015, 06:09 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

Hot, hot, hot
[/b]

By Bob Hunter

Mail Tribune

s. 

<Snip) 

That time of year again. 
Gonna be REALLY hot.

No. My real name is THE Dude.

Hot, hot, hot
[/b]

By Bob Hunter

Mail Tribune

s. 

<Snip) 

That time of year again. 
Gonna be REALLY hot.

Yep, my sign obviously.. right down to the electrical tape Smiling