Permanent Homes for the Homeless
[b]Groups propose homeless campsite[/b] 

Plans also considered for ‘tiny house’ village

By Buffy Pollock

for the Mail Tribune

Two organizations are spearheading plans to establish a permanent camp site in Jackson County for the homeless.

http://medfordmailtribune.or.newsmemory....VZbVBxTXlg=

***************************************************************************

Not to put too fine a point on it, but when homeless folks get permanent homes, are they still "homeless". 

And, can we take seriously a story by Buffy?  Big Grin  Come on Buffy, you are now a professional reporter so give up the name your daddy liked to call you. Yeah, I know....picky, picky, picky. 

All things considered, I'm in favor of getting homeless folks off the streets. Just wondering: As we build these places will more and more folks "go homeless" in order to get homes. Life is a cabaret old chum, come hear the music play. 
(07-28-2015, 10:01 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: [b]Groups propose homeless campsite[/b] 

By Buffy Pollock

for the Mail Tribune

Two organizations are spearheading plans to establish a permanent camp site in Jackson County for the homeless.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but when homeless folks get permanent homes, are they still "homeless". 

And, can we take seriously a story by Buffy?  Big Grin  Come on Buffy, you are now a professional reporter so give up the name your daddy liked to call you. Yeah, I know....picky, picky, picky. 

All things considered, I'm in favor of getting homeless folks off the streets. Just wondering: As we build these places will more and more folks "go homeless" in order to get homes. Life is a cabaret old chum, come hear the music play. 

You won't ever get the homeless off the streets. They like the streets. They won't be allowed to drink or do drugs in a homeless campsite just like they aren't allowed to do the same at the mission or places like that.
Yeah I know not all homeless are as I described but enough are that we won't ever get them off the streets or out of our parks. Unless a hunting season opens for them.
(07-28-2015, 10:06 AM)tvguy Wrote:

By Buffy Pollock

for the Mail Tribune

You won't ever get the homeless off the streets. They like the streets. They won't be allowed to drink or do drugs in a homeless campsite just like they aren't allowed to do the same at the mission or places like that.
Yeah I know not all homeless are as I described but enough are that we won't ever get them off the streets or out of our parks. Unless a hunting season opens for them.

I think you have hit the nail right on the head! I've read stories about homeless people in really cold climates who would stay on the streets rather than go to shelters because they didn't like the rules. No doubt some of these folks have serious mental problems and can't make good decisions. Another reason we need to go back to large institutions for many and stop this "half way house" nonsense. 

But "hunting season" seems just a bit too drastic. A bit, mind you. Hey...how about rubber bullets? Paint balls? Maybe we could get the cities to sew a red flag on those who do suffer from serious mental problems so we don't shoot them. Or at least shoot them no more than once.  Embarrassed
(07-28-2015, 10:51 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-28-2015, 10:06 AM)tvguy Wrote:

By Buffy Pollock

for the Mail Tribune

I think you have hit the nail right on the head! I've read stories about homeless people in really cold climates who would stay on the streets rather than go to shelters because they didn't like the rules. No doubt some of these folks have serious mental problems and can't make good decisions. Another reason we need to go back to large institutions for many and stop this "half way house" nonsense. 

But "hunting season" seems just a bit too drastic. A bit, mind you. Hey...how about rubber bullets? Paint balls? Maybe we could get the cities to sew a red flag on those who do suffer from serious mental problems so we don't shoot them. Or at least shoot them no more than once.  Embarrassed

Yer right If they opend a huntin season I'd pr0lly has to get a lyesends and then buy a tag too. Sad
That wood be too drastic.

Member wehn they has a season on mexicans? That was awesome. Cept I got finned and had to pay a big ticket.

I shot two mexicans which a cousre wuz the limit. But win the game warden showed up he was upset cuz I shot en while they wuz steelin my hub caps.
So I sez so whut?? He says.. you aint allowed to bait em.
Welcome to douchbag central. Jesus.
Fuck both of your sorry Asses.
Too bad you both are using valuable oxygen.
(07-28-2015, 05:46 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Welcome to douchbag central. Jesus.
When you are right, you are right.

That went WAY too far over the line! I'm ashamed I played the "shooting folks" game, even in jest. Not funny. Ill still hold that a lot of NON-mentally ill people are on the streets simply because they are bums who are too lazy to work, but they don't need shooting. Anything short of that is fine with me. 

Fuck you and any Mexicans that can't take a lousy joke in this PC world.

It must really suck to be such a bitter sorry ass failure of a human being and hold that against everyone else.
(07-28-2015, 09:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

That went WAY too far over the line! I'm ashamed I played the "shooting folks" game, even in jest. Not funny. Ill still hold that a lot of NON-mentally ill people are on the streets simply because they are bums who are too lazy to work, but they don't need shooting. Anything short of that is fine with me. 

OH, They don't need shooting?? Really" OK, so glad you clarified that Rolling Eyes  unfuckingbelievable.
I say we give the homeless hats.
Because as the old saying goes , my home is where my hat hangs. (something to that effect)
So as long has they have a hat to hang they could have a home.
Everyone needs a hat. In this routine by Bob Nelson, he briefly explains why...
https://youtu.be/BerJdS2VJhA
(07-29-2015, 01:17 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Everyone needs a hat.  In this routine by Bob Nelson, he briefly explains why...
https://youtu.be/BerJdS2VJhA

That guy is Very funny. Thanks Big Grin
(07-29-2015, 12:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

OH, They don't need shooting?? Really" OK, so glad you clarified that Rolling Eyes  unfuckingbelievable.

Wow. Really? Shoot them?
You sound an awful lot like guy who has never had to shoot anyone or been shot at. 
You sound mostly like the king of bullshit.
(07-29-2015, 10:49 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Wow. Really? Shoot them?
You sound an awful lot like guy who has never had to shoot anyone or been shot at. 

NO NOT REALLY SHOOT THEM Rolling Eyes   What kind of meds are you on?
(07-30-2015, 08:58 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Wow. Really? Shoot them?

Well...
From your post, # 4, this thread:

"You won't ever get the homeless off the streets. They like the streets. They won't be allowed to drink or do drugs in a homeless campsite just like they aren't allowed to do the same at the mission or places like that.

Yeah I know not all homeless are as I described but enough are that we won't ever get them off the streets or out of our parks. Unless a hunting season opens for them."

Satire? And I joined in with it. Then, in response to BBQ I recanted and apologized for being insensitive and callous. 

So, I thought you were "sticking to your guns" about this and were hard core about your hate for homeless people. We can only read what you write, TVg. 

I got it, even if wonky didn't.
(07-30-2015, 10:28 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-28-2015, 09:14 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: When you are right, you are right.

Wow. Really? Shoot them?

Well...

"You won't ever get the homeless off the streets. They like the streets. They won't be allowed to drink or do drugs in a homeless campsite just like they aren't allowed to do the same at the mission or places like that.

Yeah I know not all homeless are as I described but enough are that we won't ever get them off the streets or out of our parks. Unless a hunting season opens for them."

Satire? And I joined in with it. Then, in response to BBQ I recanted and apologized for being insensitive and callous. 

So, I thought you were "sticking to your guns" about this and were hard core about your hate for homeless people. We can only read what you write, TVg. 

I was sticking to my guns that it was a JOKE. An insensitive and not politically correct joke but a joke nevertheless.

The fact that you actually thought I was in favor of shooting anyone makes me wonder and worry about you.
(07-30-2015, 11:02 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 10:28 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-29-2015, 12:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: OH, They don't need shooting?? Really" OK, so glad you clarified that Rolling Eyes  unfuckingbelievable.

Wow. Really? Shoot them?

Well...

I was sticking to my guns that it was a JOKE. An insensitive and not politically correct joke but a joke nevertheless.

The fact that you actually thought I was in favor of shooting anyone makes me wonder and worry about you.

Okay. I missed the tone. Looking at it again, I realize I should have seen it as satire, but your tone about these things is not consistent. 
Whatever...my bad. 
What satire? That implies humor. It wasn't funny.
I tell you what is not funny. The city of Seattle solution to their homeless problem. Seattle has had homeless camps on city property for years. Finally the city of Seattle listened to the citizens to clean up the homeless camps. What did Seattle do? Move the homeless camps to the suburbs of Seattle. Namely, Tukwilla.  Confused
(07-30-2015, 02:29 PM)bbqboy Wrote: What satire? That implies humor. It wasn't funny.

Of course it's funny. Just not to you. That's your problem, not mine.

This isn't funny either Razz  It got almost four MILLION hits and the 100 million who saw it in the movie didn't think it was funny either. Blink