Slippery Slope?
(08-12-2015, 12:59 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: The issue is if you are impaired. Have everyone do whack a mole before work.
Now as we know pot is fat soluble and is stored in fat. If detected it does not mean you are impaired.
The real choice is to move over to water soluble drugs, crack, heroin, alcohol and cocaine.
See how easy it is...

The real choice is to smoke weed and take shitty jobs with low wages.

Or just man up and get off the weed and get freaking decent job.
(08-12-2015, 02:56 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-12-2015, 12:59 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: The issue is if you are impaired. Have everyone do whack a mole before work.
Now as we know pot is fat soluble and is stored in fat. If detected it does not mean you are impaired.
The real choice is to move over to water soluble drugs, crack, heroin, alcohol and cocaine.
See how easy it is...

What TVg said.

Wow... I've agreed with you twice in 5 minutes. Must be some sort of record!
(08-12-2015, 03:04 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
See how easy it is...

What TVg said.

Wow... I've agreed with you twice in 5 minutes.  Must be some sort of record!

Must be that meteor shower thing coming tonight.
(08-12-2015, 03:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:
See how easy it is...

What TVg said.

A meteor shower, do I need to bring soap?
(08-12-2015, 05:28 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(08-12-2015, 03:32 PM)tvguy Wrote:
See how easy it is...

What TVg said.

A meteor shower, do I need to bring soap?

An umbrella might not be without merit.
See how easy it is...

Yeah for now.

I love how some people see controversial things so clearly. Yes you have to deal with the reality of urine tests and the fact that they are inherently unfair when it comes to weed, but that does not mean you can't point out the fact that they do not accomplish what they are generally expected to. So, all the people that don't like weed can sarcastically say oh too bad.

I think that if employers started to implementing urine tests for alcohol that could detected it up to four days in the urine and used it to determine whether an employee should be fired, we would be hearing how unfair that is. BTW, I think those kind of alcohol tests are currently available. Let's start using them; who is with me? Laughing
(08-12-2015, 07:20 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
See how easy it is...

Yeah for now.

I love how some people see controversial things so clearly. Yes you have to deal with the reality of urine tests and the fact that they are inherently unfair when it comes to weed, but that does not mean you can't point out the fact that they do not accomplish what they are generally expected to. So, all the people that don't like weed can sarcastically say oh too bad.

I think that if employers started to implementing urine tests for alcohol that could detected it up to four days in the urine and used it to determine whether an employee should be fired, we would be hearing how unfair that is. BTW, I think those kind of alcohol tests are currently available. Let's start using them; who is with me? Laughing

Who in their right mind feels that anyone is impaired by alcohol 4 days later?  I realize the same is true about weed, but until there is a test, I don't blame employers for being trepeditious. You blanket my opinion by claiming I am "against weed"?  WTF do YOU know?  Not a fucking thing.  That's what.
(08-12-2015, 07:29 PM)Hugo Wrote:
See how easy it is...

Yeah for now.

Who in their right mind feels that anyone is impaired by alcohol 4 days later?  I realize the same is true about weed, but until there is a test, I don't blame employers for being trepeditious. You blanket my opinion by claiming I am "against weed"?  WTF do YOU know?  Not a fucking thing.  That's what.

What I put in bold is my only point Poindexter. The rest of your post is the typical psychotic response I have become accustomed to when reading your posts. I never claimed YOU were against anything. Learn to read dude.
See how easy it is...

Yeah for now.

Thanks Clete. I do see things more clearly than many others. It's a gift. Big Grin

But that does not mean you can't point out the fact that they do not accomplish what they are generally expected to.

You should say
But that does not mean you can't point out the fact that they do not ALWAYS accomplish what they are generally expected to.

You have to see the possibility that a positive drug test for MJ might get an employee fired who actually was smoking weed on the job.
(08-13-2015, 10:56 AM)tvguy Wrote:
See how easy it is...

Yeah for now.

Thanks Clete. I do see things more clearly than many others. It's a gift. Big Grin

But that does not mean you can't point out the fact that they do not accomplish what they are generally expected to.

You should say
But that does not mean you can't point out the fact that they do not ALWAYS accomplish what they are generally expected to.

You have to see the possibility that a positive drug test for MJ might get an employee fired who actually was smoking weed on the job.

And now the entire thread has turned into "a slippery slope"  Laughing
Man up?
You missed my point. It is legal now too.
Look up blow back.
See how easy it is...

It's legal, if i'm not impaired why should I ?  Glad you don't drink.
I think we can take it to cigarettes too. Wouldn't you agree.
Also high fat diets, these all cost companies big time. 

Funny thing drinkin, ever tied one on and bent over to tie your shoes and damn near fell off your chair-and went off to work anyway?
Companies should have a zero tolerance for drinking. Hell you could wind up as a dry drunk.  

Thank God the two martini lunch is down to one. Is it still a tax write off.?
It's time we get serious about safety in the work place. We need to test for pharmaceuticals too. Vicodin will stone you out of your mind.
Oxycontn is just heroin. The list is huge. Some antihistimes are suspect. Makes you drowsy.

Henry Ford would send company inspectors to workers homes to make sure that they met his standards. We need to get back to that,
Homes had to be clean and no drinking and gambling.
(08-17-2015, 08:27 AM)Willie Krash Wrote:
See how easy it is...

It's legal, if i'm not impaired why should I ?  Glad you don't drink.

Funny thing drinkin, ever tied one on and bent over to tie your shoes and damn near fell off your chair-and went off to work anyway?
Companies should have a zero tolerance for drinking. Hell you could wind up as a dry drunk.  

Thank God the two martini lunch is down to one. Is it still a tax write off.?

I didn't miss any point. When I said "man up" I simply meant.. Do you want a good job or are do you NEED to smoke weed so bad that you will let Employers rules you don't agree with stop you?

Are you going to fight the great battle over what is fair all the while with a shitty low paying job instead of just getting off the pipe?

The answer seems simple to me. If it's not simple to you them you mist be addicted to weed.

It's legal, if i'm not impaired why should I ?

to get a JOB!!!

Glad you don't drink.

I do drink. If it stopped me from getting a good job I would stop.

No I don't agree. People don't get high and wreck trains killing other people because they smoked a cigarette on the job.

It's not about "COST" to companies. It's about trying to keep stoned people from hurting themself or others while on the job.
(08-17-2015, 09:23 AM)Willie Krash Wrote: It's time we get serious about safety in the work place. We need to test for pharmaceuticals too. Vicodin will stone you out of your mind.
Oxycontn is just heroin. The list is huge. Some antihistimes are suspect. Makes you drowsy.

Henry Ford would send company inspectors to workers homes to make sure that  they met his standards. We need to get back to that,

Big Grin
It's easier to just hold on to the old prejudices and single out marijuana. I don't know, but it doesn't seem to be just about workplace safety to me. Does it to you? I agree that legal pharmaceuticals and some over the counter drugs can be just as dangerous, but those drugs don't get the attention weed does. Why is that?
(08-17-2015, 09:39 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 09:23 AM)Willie Krash Wrote: It's time we get serious about safety in the work place. We need to test for pharmaceuticals too. Vicodin will stone you out of your mind.

Henry Ford would send company inspectors to workers homes to make sure that  they met his standards. We need to get back to that,

Big Grin
It's easier to just hold on to the old prejudices and single out marijuana. I don't know, but it doesn't seem to be just about workplace safety to me. Does it to you? I agree that legal pharmaceuticals and some over the counter drugs can be just as dangerous, but those drugs don't get the attention weed does. Why is that?

Baloney, There's no evil conspiracy against pot heads. Drug testing this is driven by insurance companies NOT pot hating employees.
Employers a forced to go with tough anti drug policies in order to get good insurance rates.
Insurance companies will enforce anything they can to reduce accidents on the job.

It's all about $$$$$$ first and safety second. It's not about old prejudices that single out marijuana. If you fail a drug test because you have ANY drug in your system you get the same treatment.
Pot stays in the system a lot longer if you are a heavy user so consequently pot smokers are going to fail drug tests more often.
Is that fair? of course not. All I'm trying to say here is if THAT affects your life, Fair or not fair, and you still won't get of the weed then maybe you do have a drug problem.
(08-17-2015, 09:48 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Big Grin

Baloney, There's no evil conspiracy against pot heads. Drug testing this is driven by insurance companies NOT pot hating employees.
Employers a forced to go with tough anti drug policies in order to get good insurance rates.
Insurance companies will enforce anything they can to reduce accidents on the job.

It's all about $$$$$$ first and safety second. It's not about old prejudices that single out marijuana. If you fail a drug test because you have ANY drug in your system you get the same treatment.
Pot stays in the system a lot longer if you are a heavy user so consequently pot smokers are going to fail drug tests more often.
Is that fair? of course not. All I'm trying to say here is if THAT affects your life, Fair or not fair, and you still won't get of the weed then maybe you do have a drug problem.

No one said there was a evil conspiracy against pot users. Quit hanging out with Hugo. Big Grin

You are however wrong about equal treatment for testing positive for other drugs. If you test positive for opiates and have a prescription, you will not usually get fired for it. Now say the same about weed; can't can you?

Big Grin
It is, and will be, easy to single out Marijuana until they come up with a better way to test for it.
(08-17-2015, 10:04 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 09:48 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Big Grin

No one said there was a evil conspiracy against pot users. Quit hanging out with Hugo.  Big Grin

You are however wrong about equal treatment for testing positive for other drugs. If you test positive for opiates and have a prescription, you will not usually get fired for it. Now say the same about weed; can't can you?

No one said there was a evil conspiracy against pot users. Quit hanging out with Hugo

I don't, I only hang out with Larry Razz . You said employers were holding on to the old prejudices and single out marijuana, sounds like you think they are against pot because of some old theory. I totally think that's Baloney and I explained why.

Drug testing didn't even start until the 80's and back then it was mostly for certain occupations. You know like train conductors and other people who can get high/stupid and kill a bunch of people.
And I think it had to do with DRUGS not just the great, holy, natural all healing, healthy, hallowed, god like magical Marijuana.n youn

OKI agree
Why not just test people to see if they are impaired. This would catch those who lack sleep as well as being drunk or under some drug that effects your abilities.