A Case For Racial Profiling?
(08-10-2015, 07:44 AM)bbqboy Wrote: What A funny thread. Crackers falling over each other to prove their minority bona fides.

And as always you are just proving what a little bitch you are , always trying to somehow look or feel better and with the same old tired shit. Calling OTHER people racists and or bitching about one thing or another.

You aint Martin Luther King, you aren't even Martin Luther Peon.
(08-10-2015, 09:55 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-10-2015, 07:44 AM)bbqboy Wrote: What A funny thread. Crackers falling over each other to prove their minority bona fides.

And as always you are just proving what a little bitch you are , always trying to somehow look or feel better and with the same old tired shit. Calling OTHER people racists and or bitching about one thing or another.

Luther Burbank Rupt, perhaps.
(08-10-2015, 01:19 PM)tornado Wrote:

I'm still wondering about the "right" of cops to stop folks because they look for all the world like all the bad guys they have had trouble with in the past. 

You ever been in a bar having a drink when some wide bodied dude comes in and one look and you know, simply by instinct and history that unless you want to get caught in the middle of a shit storm you best leave and find another stool someplace where things are not going to go nuclear? You don't have to talk with dude, you don't even want to make much eye contact: He's trouble and you have "profiled" his ass and know what to expect. 

I think cops have this ability, and they should have the freedom to use it. That said, they have a responsibility to be civil, cautious, and use all the skills they have learned in not turning it into a war. 

Or maybe not? That's kind of what the thread started out to open conversation about. 

Still wondering. 
If one thinks being called a cracker is the same as being called a racist, well, as President Trump said about Megyn, only a deviant....
(08-11-2015, 02:03 PM)bbqboy Wrote: If one thinks being called a cracker is the same as being called a racist, well, as President Trump said about Megyn, only a deviant....

To whom are you addressing this, and why? 
(08-11-2015, 01:01 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I'm still wondering about the "right" of cops to stop folks because they look for all the world like all the bad guys they have had trouble with in the past. 

You ever been in a bar having a drink when some wide bodied dude comes in and one look and you know, simply by instinct and history that unless you want to get caught in the middle of a shit storm you best leave and find another stool someplace where things are not going to go nuclear? You don't have to talk with dude, you don't even want to make much eye contact: He's trouble and you have "profiled" his ass and know what to expect. 

I think cops have this ability, and they should have the freedom to use it. That said, they have a responsibility to be civil, cautious, and use all the skills they have learned in not turning it into a war. 

Or maybe not? That's kind of what the thread started out to open conversation about. 

Still wondering. 

No the don't have that right and they never have. "Profiling" doesn't mean that police can break the law. A cop can't stop you without a reason. They have to have a reasonable suspicion.
If you are in a car They can't stop you unless you did something illegal.. turn signal. cracked window whatever.

OR if you are driving around a 2 AM in some area know to be a common place people sell drugs. THEN they have a reasonable suspicion.
Or lets say you were parked behind some store that was closed.

They can and do stop ( profile) white people if they see them in black neighborhoods, especially teens because they have a reasonable suspicion that something isn't right. The cops suspect that they are looking to buy drugs.
(08-11-2015, 02:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-11-2015, 01:01 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Still wondering. 

No the don't have that right and they never have. "Profiling" doesn't mean that police can break the law. A cop can't stop you without a reason. They have to have a reasonable suspicion.
If you are in a car They can't stop you unless you did something illegal.. turn signal. cracked window whatever.

OR if you are driving around a 2 AM in some area know to be a common place people sell drugs. THEN they have a reasonable suspicion.
Or lets say you were parked behind some store that was closed.

They can and do stop ( profile) white people if they see them in black neighborhoods, especially teens because they have a reasonable suspicion that something isn't right. The cops suspect that they are looking to buy drugs.

I guess you are right. (Wow...that's a first!  Razz ) 
But I really think I can spot a "gang-banger" wearing colors and I guess if I were cop I'd follow 'em a bit. I know...not right. 
Just a shame we have to wait until they drive by spraying bullets into a crowd, when we knew all along it would happen sooner or later.
Any chance I'm a racist asshole? Well, BBQ knew I was a asshole from the get go (and never missed a chance to say so) so now I guess I'm a racist asshole on top of it all. 
Damn complicated world! I liked it better when Andy and Barney were in charge and aunt Bee was baking apple pies. I swear I remember living there. (I may have been the barber  Embarrassed )
Yeah, all those Black folks in Mayberry appreciate your caring.
(08-11-2015, 06:07 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Yeah, all those Black folks in Mayberry appreciate your caring.

You often sound like the uttering of a man with a paper butt on his way to a bonfire. 
I like reading all of your bleatings
about how wonderful and fair and egalitarian
you all are. I'd fall asleep otherwise.
I'm sure your arms must get tired from patting yourself on the back.
(08-11-2015, 02:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-11-2015, 02:03 PM)bbqboy Wrote: If one thinks being called a cracker is the same as being called a racist, well, as President Trump said about Megyn, only a deviant....

I think he is addressing it to everyone on this forum. Hey, this is about not using the reply feature again isn't it? 

If this place is still around in 2016 will you still be telling bbqboy to use the reply feature?  Big Grin
(08-12-2015, 09:15 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

I think he is addressing it to everyone on this forum. Hey, this is about not using the reply feature again isn't it? 

If this place is still around in 2016 will you still be telling bbqboy to use the reply feature?  Big Grin

Will he still be a big enough of a dipshit to not use the reply feature.. Of course. Big Grin Once a dip shit.....
(08-12-2015, 09:56 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-12-2015, 09:15 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Will he still be a big enough of a dipshit to not use the reply feature.. Of course. Big Grin Once a dip shit.....
Actually, had nothing to do with the "reply" feature. My comment was directed to TVg and BBQ jumped in with a comment totally off subject. And yes, because he didn't use the reply function we don't know who it was directed to. Par for the course. How long can we continue to forgive his blundering remarks due to his illness? 

And Clete? Who built the fire under you rather substantial ass? You are developing a really snarky attitude and not bothering to use any comments to explain it. Man up and offer an opinion that actually has some content. 
Jesus Christ. Come to the dark side, Cletus.
Making wonky, tv, and Larry explode with false! Indignation almost makes it worth living. Smiling
(08-12-2015, 07:11 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Jesus Christ. Come to the dark side, Cletus.
Making wonky, tv, and Larry explode with false! Indignation almost makes it worth living.  Smiling

You must be really fun at a party.  Wink