Move Trailer: Something special coming!
(08-21-2015, 06:34 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 11:05 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 06:27 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Good. You 2 dicks being uncomfortable makes my day. TV can yell at me instead of fantasizing about the squirrels he's shooting
being big black guys.
Tell us again how smart you are, Wonky.
Again.

Good. You 2 dicks being uncomfortable makes my day

Think about what you just said. I know it's true and that's what's so pathetic about you.

I hate to kill the only joy you have in life but you are only a minor annoyance and your bitchy whining trash talk is forgotten in seconds. 

If you meet BBQ, it will help you to confirm that you can really not give a shit about another human being.  But Tia will defend him to the death.

The more we learn.....  
You mean like you and the Mother.
I'm still laughing about someone thinking  the song "Hey Joe" was offensive or somehow wring?

Men and women have been killing each other over jealousy or infidelity since the beginning. Why wouldn't there be a song about that?
Plus it's a great example of how Hendrix can make magic out of simple chords like no one else before or after.

(08-22-2015, 09:48 AM)tvguy Wrote: I'm still laughing about someone thinking  the song "Hey Joe" was offensive or somehow wring?

Men and women have been killing each other over jealousy or infidelity since the beginning. Why wouldn't there be a song about that?
Plus it's a great example of how Hendrix can make magic out of simple chords like no one else before or after.

Still laughing? That's one hell of a long laugh.  Smiling

Hendrix was great! But, " Plus it's a great example of how Hendrix can make magic out of simple chords like no one else before or after".

That's saying a lot! Andres Segovia was no slouch, Carlos Santana, Ry Cooder, and if we include Country pickers, Roy Clarke would have to be included. 

But, do doubt, Hendriix was indeed great! Sad, that he had to "ride the pipe". 

My comment about a song that centered on the killing of a woman was the context more than anything. She cheated: He HAD to kill her. Okay. So be it. I didn't suggest that Hendrix be dismissed for all time for that lyric, only that I don't admire the theme. Too many men kill women, and while I understand that music represents the reality of our lives, I only suggested I didn't admire Hendrix for that choice given all the things he could have celebrated in his lyric writing. 

Ain't no big thang. 
(08-22-2015, 06:45 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 06:34 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 11:05 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 06:27 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Good. You 2 dicks being uncomfortable makes my day. TV can yell at me instead of fantasizing about the squirrels he's shooting
being big black guys.
Tell us again how smart you are, Wonky.
Again.

Good. You 2 dicks being uncomfortable makes my day

Think about what you just said. I know it's true and that's what's so pathetic about you.

I hate to kill the only joy you have in life but you are only a minor annoyance and your bitchy whining trash talk is forgotten in seconds. 

If you meet BBQ, it will help you to confirm that you can really not give a shit about another human being.  But Tia will defend him to the death.

The more we learn.....  
You mean like you and the Mother.

Still not sure what was "learned".
I realize this forum has set records for thread drift but this one takes thread drift to new and unexplored dimensions. What does any of this have to do with a subject line concerning someone who wants to move a trailer???

Big Grin Laughing Laughing
(08-23-2015, 11:07 AM)Cuzz Wrote: I realize this forum has set records for thread drift but this one takes thread drift to new and unexplored dimensions. What does any of this have to do with a subject line concerning someone who wants to move a trailer???

Big Grin Laughing Laughing
"Round and round she goes, where she stops nobody knows".  Laughing
(08-23-2015, 09:39 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 09:48 AM)tvguy Wrote: I'm still laughing about someone thinking  the song "Hey Joe" was offensive or somehow wring?

Hendrix was great! But, " Plus it's a great example of how Hendrix can make magic out of simple chords like no one else before or after".

That's saying a lot! Andres Segovia was no slouch, Carlos Santana, Ry Cooder, and if we include Country pickers, Roy Clarke would have to be included. 

My comment about a song that centered on the killing of a woman was the context more than anything. She cheated: He HAD to kill her. Okay. So be it. I didn't suggest that Hendrix be dismissed for all time for that lyric, only that I don't admire the theme. Too many men kill women, and while I understand that music represents the reality of our lives, I only suggested I didn't admire Hendrix for that choice given all the things he could have celebrated in his lyric writing. 

Ain't no big thang. 

All of the musicians you mentioned were or are great musicians. But not legendary or anywhere near as creative abstract or different like Hendrix's style.
  Hendrix was a left-handed guitarist who played a right-handed guitar strung for a lefty, Blink

But that alone wasn't what made him so different. He seemed to uncannily make music out of anything that came in to his head and played lead and melody or rhythm like he had about three brains.

And sorry but I think it's extremely odd that you said didn't admire Hendrix for that choice of song because it was about shooting a women.
Someone just said recently that you takes things too literally.. This is proof. And no it aint no big thang Smiling
(08-23-2015, 01:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Ain't no big thang. 

All of the musicians you mentioned were or are great musicians. But not legendary or anywhere near as creative abstract or different like Hendrix's style.
  Hendrix was a left-handed guitarist who played a right-handed guitar strung for a lefty, Blink

But that alone wasn't what made him so different. He seemed to uncannily make music out of anything that came in to his head and played lead and melody or rhythm like he had about three brains.

And sorry but I think it's extremely odd that you said didn't admire Hendrix for that choice of song because it was about shooting a women.
Someone just said recently that you takes things too literally.. This is proof. And no it aint no big thang Smiling

We won't resolve this, and it's not all that important anyway. But I'm continue to feel that a guy who shoots his woman because she cheated has "anger issues". And, not a great lyric for a song: But I agree it's only my opinion and may not be worth spit. 
(08-23-2015, 02:31 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Ain't no big thang. 

We won't resolve this, and it's not all that important anyway. But I'm continue to feel that a guy who shoots his woman because she cheated has "anger issues". And, not a great lyric for a song: But I agree it's only my opinion and may not be worth spit. 

Here's the deal wonky. YOU say feel that "a guy who shoots his woman because she cheated has "anger issues".

And that therefore it's not a great lyric for a song. It makes me think you believe the rest of us don't realize this "guy" has anger issues or that we condone shooting women.That somehow liking this legendary rock and roll song is wrong on some level.

The song doesn't in any way promote shooting anyone of even making light of that. What about Johnny cash? He shot a man just to watch him die Razz
(08-23-2015, 04:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-23-2015, 02:31 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Ain't no big thang. 

Here's the deal wonky. YOU say feel that "a guy who shoots his woman because she cheated has "anger issues".

And that therefore it's not a great lyric for a song. It makes me think you believe the rest of us don't realize this "guy" has anger issues or that we condone shooting women.That somehow liking this legendary rock and roll song is wrong on some level.

The song doesn't in any way promote shooting anyone of even making light of that. What about Johnny cash? He shot a man just to watch him die Razz

Okay.
I think this will be (or has been) talked to death. I really don't care ALL that much, and only expressed an opinion. That you don't agree does not invalidate my feelings about it, nor does it make you either right or wrong. 

What got lost in all this is the coming "The Martian" movie that I'm looking forward to. 
(08-18-2015, 03:37 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: A few months ago I read a book that kept me up half the night! Really! That good! "The Martian", by Andy Weir. I'm not a fan of science fiction and this is, I guess, border line science fiction. But it was a page turner and a joy to read. 

NOTICE: Adult content to follow: The first paragraph in the book is, "Im fucked!"

And now, it's coming to your favorite theater as a motion picture starting Matt Damon, and what appears to be a good cast. It's my humble opinion you don't want to miss this! And better yet, read the book first. Really clever writing. witty, and some great science (made up...I don't know). 

Anyway, here is the trailer:

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/life/movi.../30918499/
Well, finally went and saw this before it leaves the theater. I'm a big believer that some movies just need a big screen and all that atmosphere.  This was a very good movie. I don't known if comparison it out does Gravity. They are two different stories with similar arcs.   Now I can read the book should I come across it.
Oh, and should the film have piqued your interest in a career in space there's always: http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/be-an-...e-missions

Be an Astronaut: NASA Seeks Explorers for Future Space Missions
In anticipation of returning human spaceflight launches to American soil, and in preparation for the agency’s journey to Mars, NASA announced it will soon begin accepting applications for the next class of astronaut candidates. With more human spacecraft in development in the United States today than at any other time in history, future astronauts will launch once again from the Space Coast of Florida on American-made commercial spacecraft, and carry out deep-space exploration missions that will advance a future human mission to Mars.

The agency will accept applications from Dec. 14 through mid-February and expects to announce candidates selected in mid-2017. Applications for consideration as a NASA Astronaut will be accepted at:
(11-07-2015, 10:56 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Oh, and should the film have piqued your interest in a career in space there's always: http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/be-an-...e-missions

In anticipation of returning human spaceflight launches to American soil, and in preparation for the agency’s journey to Mars, NASA announced it will soon begin accepting applications for the next class of astronaut candidates. With more human spacecraft in development in the United States today than at any other time in history, future astronauts will launch once again from the Space Coast of Florida on American-made commercial spacecraft, and carry out deep-space exploration missions that will advance a future human mission to Mars.

The agency will accept applications from Dec. 14 through mid-February and expects to announce candidates selected in mid-2017. Applications for consideration as a NASA Astronaut will be accepted at:

I'll pass on that Tia. I don't even enjoy having to go up on the roof of the house. 

Hope you find time to read the book now that the long days of winter are approaching. I know you enjoy reading, and IMHO this is one of those stories that you might enjoy even after having seen the movie. This guy Weir can "turn a phrase" and the book includes some really fun detail they didn't have time to include in the movie. 
(11-08-2015, 09:03 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-07-2015, 10:56 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Oh, and should the film have piqued your interest in a career in space there's always: http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/be-an-...e-missions

I'll pass on that Tia. I don't even enjoy having to go up on the roof of the house. 

Hope you find time to read the book now that the long days of winter are approaching. I know you enjoy reading, and IMHO this is one of those stories that you might enjoy even after having seen the movie. This guy Weir can "turn a phrase" and the book includes some really fun detail they didn't have time to include in the movie. 

Well, like I said, I usually prefer to read a book after a movie but not the reverse.  
Saw "Spotlight" yesterday. 
Well done. 
"The Church" is going to be pissed!