Move Trailer: Something special coming!
(08-20-2015, 04:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 01:17 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 05:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 10:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 06:38 PM)bbqboy Wrote: You're thinking of "Ice Road. Fuckers."
TV's favorite.

Ice road is still on? That show jumped the shark in about one episode.
Is "he" getting even more irrelevant, obnoxious, off key, and just generally a pain the ass, or what? 

Sick, sad, isolated and "ours".  Sad

Is it possible that you (ours) could become anymore arrogant, insufferable or patronizing than you are or have been for  years?

Sure, but not in any way on the scale of the never ending whiner OUR sad sack of shit BBQ has become.
He's always had a lot of Mope in him. But it didn't consume him before like it does now.

mope

mōp/
verb
verb: mope; 3rd person present: mopes; past tense: moped; past participle: moped; gerund or present participle: moping

1. 1.
    be dejected and apathetic.
    "no use moping—things could be worse"
    synonyms:
    brood, sulk, be miserable, be despondent, pine, eat one's heart out, fret, grieve; More
    informalbe down in the dumps, be down in/at the mouth;
    literaryrepine
    "it's no use moping"

• wander around listlessly and aimlessly because of unhappiness or boredom.
      "moping around at home won't get you anywhere"
      synonyms:
      languish, moon, idle, loaf;
      informallollygag
      "she was moping about the house"

noun
noun: mope; plural noun: mopes

1. 1.
    a person given to prolonged spells of low spirits.
    "they're just a bunch of mopes"
    • dated
      low spirits; depression.

Okay, I'll admit to being confused (sometimes) by our new format. I don't who Tia's comment was directed to. Or, why, exactly. 
(08-20-2015, 05:10 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 05:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-19-2015, 10:43 PM)tvguy Wrote: Ice road is still on? That show jumped the shark in about one episode.
Is "he" getting even more irrelevant, obnoxious, off key, and just generally a pain the ass, or what? 

Is it possible that you (ours) could become anymore arrogant, insufferable or patronizing than you are or have been for  years?

Sure, but not in any way on the scale of the never ending whiner OUR sad sack of shit BBQ has become.
He's always had a lot of Mope in him. But it didn't consume him before like it does now.

mope

mōp/
verb
verb: mope; 3rd person present: mopes; past tense: moped; past participle: moped; gerund or present participle: moping

1. 1.
    synonyms:
    brood, sulk, be miserable, be despondent, pine, eat one's heart out, fret, grieve; More
    literaryrepine
    "it's no use moping"

synonyms:
      informallollygag

noun

1. 1.
    • dated
      low spirits; depression.

Okay, I'll admit to being confused (sometimes) by our new format. I don't who Tia's comment was directed to. Or, why, exactly. 

Well she quoted you, and the fist sentence she said Is it possible that you 

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say YOU.
(08-21-2015, 09:30 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 05:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Is "he" getting even more irrelevant, obnoxious, off key, and just generally a pain the ass, or what? 

mope

mōp/
verb

1. 1.
    synonyms:
    literaryrepine
    "it's no use moping"

synonyms:
      informallollygag

noun

1. 1.
    • dated
      low spirits; depression.

So, if I'm following the tread correctly her comment to me was:

"Is it possible that you (ours) could become anymore arrogant, insufferable or patronizing than you are or have been for  years?"

Wow. That kinda hurts.  Sad
(08-21-2015, 11:28 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 01:17 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Is it possible that you (ours) could become anymore arrogant, insufferable or patronizing than you are or have been for  years?

mope

mōp/
verb

1. 1.
    synonyms:
    literaryrepine
    "it's no use moping"

synonyms:
      informallollygag

noun

1. 1.
    • dated
      low spirits; depression.

"Is it possible that you (ours) could become anymore arrogant, insufferable or patronizing than you are or have been for  years?"

You'll live Big Grin I wouldn't say insufferable or patronizing . I would say control freak. And it's easy to come off as arrogant. In my case I'm not arrogant, I'm just smarter than everyone else so it seems like I am.
(08-21-2015, 11:35 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 04:29 PM)tvguy Wrote: Sure, but not in any way on the scale of the never ending whiner OUR sad sack of shit BBQ has become.

mope

mōp/
verb

1. 1.
    synonyms:
    literaryrepine
    "it's no use moping"

synonyms:
      informallollygag

noun

1. 1.
    • dated
      low spirits; depression.

You'll live Big Grin I wouldn't say insufferable or patronizing . I would say control freak. And it's easy to come off as arrogant. In my case I'm not arrogant, I'm just smarter than everyone else so it seems like I am.

Sure I'll live. But that was a very scathing and personal sentence. I won't respond in kind, but it will effect the interaction I have with Tia. I regret that. 
(08-21-2015, 11:43 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 05:10 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Okay, I'll admit to being confused (sometimes) by our new format. I don't who Tia's comment was directed to. Or, why, exactly. 

Sure I'll live. But that was a very scathing and personal sentence. I won't respond in kind, but it will effect the interaction I have with Tia. I regret that. 

Well Wonk, you often take minor issues and make them into more than what they are. You also like people to behave and that ain't never going to happen here. An example, if you need one, is the time we discussed the Jimi Hendrix song Hey Joe. You criticized those lyrics and were outraged that someone would write a song about shooting a woman. Big Grin I will not forget that anytime soon.

You are the Pope of political correctness.
(08-21-2015, 03:49 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 09:30 AM)tvguy Wrote: Well she quoted you, and the fist sentence she said Is it possible that you 

Well Wonk, you often take minor issues and make them into more than what they are. You also like people to behave and that ain't never going to happen here. An example, if you need one, is the time we discussed the Jimi Hendrix song Hey Joe. You criticized those lyrics and were outraged that someone would write a song about shooting a woman.  Big Grin I will not forget that anytime soon.

You are the Pope of political correctness.

Noted. 
(08-20-2015, 05:10 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Okay, I'll admit to being confused (sometimes) by our new format. I don't who Tia's comment was directed to. Or, why, exactly. 

We're already effected in our interactions with each other based on past character bashings.
(08-21-2015, 05:36 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 09:30 AM)tvguy Wrote: Well she quoted you, and the fist sentence she said Is it possible that you 

We're already effected in our interactions with each other based on past character bashings.

Well, nothing obtuse about that. Looks as if we are both learning. 
(08-20-2015, 11:05 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 06:27 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Good. You 2 dicks being uncomfortable makes my day. TV can yell at me instead of fantasizing about the squirrels he's shooting
being big black guys.
Tell us again how smart you are, Wonky.
Again.

Good. You 2 dicks being uncomfortable makes my day

Think about what you just said. I know it's true and that's what's so pathetic about you.

I hate to kill the only joy you have in life but you are only a minor annoyance and your bitchy whining trash talk is forgotten in seconds. 

If you meet BBQ, it will help you to confirm that you can really not give a shit about another human being.  But Tia will defend him to the death.

The more we learn.....  
(08-21-2015, 06:34 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 11:05 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-20-2015, 06:27 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Good. You 2 dicks being uncomfortable makes my day. TV can yell at me instead of fantasizing about the squirrels he's shooting
being big black guys.
Tell us again how smart you are, Wonky.
Again.

Good. You 2 dicks being uncomfortable makes my day

Think about what you just said. I know it's true and that's what's so pathetic about you.

I hate to kill the only joy you have in life but you are only a minor annoyance and your bitchy whining trash talk is forgotten in seconds. 

If you meet BBQ, it will help you to confirm that you can really not give a shit about another human being.  But Tia will defend him to the death.

The more we learn.....  

Where?   That little remark to Wonky? I've been saying such for ages.
(08-21-2015, 06:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 05:36 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 11:28 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: So, if I'm following the tread correctly her comment to me was:

Well, nothing obtuse about that. Looks as if we are both learning. 

Ha ha...Wonky.I knew you bring this old chestnut up. It reminds me of MTF and Mike and someone would say something like "What an idiot..." and she would reply "I know you are but what am I?" Every time we have issues, Wonky you bring this little gem up, regardless if my writing at the time is vague or not. I don't have to write to please you or even be clear to you or anyone else. I can write what I wish as long as I'm not a flagrant flaunter of the few house rules.
Not really sure what I did to piss Larry off.  Last I checked we were on good terms. Then he just got snarly and I'm not sure why. Nothing in our dynamic has changed.
(08-21-2015, 08:23 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Not really sure what I did to piss Larry off.  Last I checked we were on good terms. Then he just got snarly and I'm not sure why. Nothing in our dynamic has changed.

Larry is a dick. If he thinks you defended bbqboy then he will give you shit. 

However, your previous post about Wonk says it all. He will never get out of obtuse land.  Big Grin
(08-21-2015, 08:31 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 08:23 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Not really sure what I did to piss Larry off.  Last I checked we were on good terms. Then he just got snarly and I'm not sure why. Nothing in our dynamic has changed.

However, your previous post about Wonk says it all. He will never get out of obtuse land.  Big Grin

Given he tone of this place, going back to the day it became available, it seems a tame and not an overly harsh opinion  to voice. I've never used profane language or insulted Tia's intelligence or ethics. As a matter of fact I do see some of Tia's posts as difficult to follow (obtuse) and at least a couple of others have made similar remarks. We often exchange comments about how others express themselves in their posts. Having said that, I have only made the "obtuse" remark a few times and Tia has posted many, many times here. 

And Clete, your example of my differing opinion about a song Hendrix did is, in a word, silly. We often voice  contrary opinions here about a host of things. That you should feel my view angered you personally is a bit strange. But, you obviously feel I insulted you somehow, and I regret you read it that way. I feel no personal animosity toward you. 

Re Visit the abortion topic, which by the way, everyone seems to forget my ACTUAL take on it from years ago.

Abortion is a NECESSARY medical procedure that should be tempered with rape, incest, and realistic first trimester (the sooner the better) mistake.

You ATTACKED me with full vigor, and said things about YOUR impression of me that included me being a misogynistic asshole with no regard for women.  Yeah, that gets you a "fuck you".
(08-21-2015, 09:58 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Re Visit the abortion topic, which by the way, everyone seems to forget my ACTUAL take on it from years ago.

Abortion is a NECESSARY medical procedure that should be tempered with rape, incest, and realistic first trimester (the sooner the better) mistake.

You ATTACKED me with full vigor, and said things about YOUR impression of me that included me being a misogynistic asshole with no regard for women.  Yeah, that gets you a "fuck you".

Not sure what's new there, Larry. We used really go at it back in the day.  Much more so than that.  I think abortion topic is too polarizing an issue. I don't even think we are seeing or even talking about the same things when we are discussing it.  I take it personally. As do you.
(08-21-2015, 10:09 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

Not sure what's new there, Larry. We used really go at it back in the day.  Much more so than that.  I think abortion topic is too polarizing an issue. I don't even think we are seeing or even talking about the same things when we are discussing it.  I take it personally. As do you.
How do even think I take it personally?  I have stated the benefit, and do NOT think it should be illegal.

The stupid (well, not stupid.. the insidious) off track that the topic went to condemned me as some right wing ALL ABORTION EVIL zealot that I am NOT.  YOU PERSONALLY attacked me as being so.

It went OFF TOPIC when it became about ABORTION.

The topic was about PROFIT FROM HUMAN TISSUE.

Abort all you want. DONATE all the tissue all you want, science NEEDS it.

PP PROFITED from it.  THAT IS THE FUCKING ISSUE.

Pretty goddamn strange that the left takes up THIS topic to be PRO CAPITALIST.
(08-21-2015, 11:09 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 10:09 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

How do even think I take it personally?  I have stated the benefit, and do NOT think it should be illegal.

The stupid (well, not stupid.. the insidious) off track that the topic went to condemned me as some right wing ALL ABORTION EVIL zealot that I am NOT.  YOU PERSONALLY attacked me as being so.

It went OFF TOPIC when it became about ABORTION.

The topic was about PROFIT FROM HUMAN TISSUE.

Abort all you want. DONATE all the tissue all you want, science NEEDS it.

PP PROFITED from it.  THAT IS THE FUCKING ISSUE.

I get it. It's possible....POSSIBLE that you were the target of my misplaced anger. I went back and looked at those posts. They are pretty harsh. Pretty reactionary.  I think they are kind of a culmination of my feeling anger towards the attitude of conservative anti abortionist, the name of the title which I felt lumped it into that category and the fact that I was "terminated" from my job of 22 years the day before that post. Looking at it now, and noticing the date, I can see where I was at in my head. So, yeah, it looks like I attacked you personally.  I apologize for that. I was pretty mad. No excuses. Should have kept my head there.
(08-21-2015, 09:04 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 08:31 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

Given he tone of this place, going back to the day it became available, it seems a tame and not an overly harsh opinion  to voice. I've never used profane language or insulted Tia's intelligence or ethics. As a matter of fact I do see some of Tia's posts as difficult to follow (obtuse) and at least a couple of others have made similar remarks. We often exchange comments about how others express themselves in their posts. Having said that, I have only made the "obtuse" remark a few times and Tia has posted many, many times here. 

And Clete, your example of my differing opinion about a song Hendrix did is, in a word, silly. We often voice  contrary opinions here about a host of things. That you should feel my view angered you personally is a bit strange. But, you obviously feel I insulted you somehow, and I regret you read it that way. I feel no personal animosity toward you. 

Wonk, how did you get I was angry out of anything I wrote? My only point was that you often take things way to literally. What I called it was political correctness and nothing more. Nothing angered me, in fact it amused me and that is why I remembered it. Anyway, I am done with this issue. People will post as they will and no one is going to change that.