A Special Place in Hell.
(08-30-2015, 08:52 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 08:38 AM)tornado Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 04:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 03:36 PM)tornado Wrote: I do believe in heaven and hell in the literal sense. I hope the punishment meted out serves to put these people on the right path and they confess their sins, and accept Jesus Christ's salvation. Only those who don't will have a special place in hell. God forgives, yet He leaves it to a civil society to punish the evil doers.

I hope the young boy prospers in spite of this tragedy.

The boy was already in a special place in hell. Where was your God then?

If you want a God who controls you like a puppet on a string, go for it. I prefer having free will. The will to choose good over evil.

I'm sorry, but that's pretty weak. No one said anything about freechoice here.Or how this boy made one. One was made for him. No one said they wanted a God who controls you, or said they wanted a God at all. Your God says His eye is on the sparrow. Oh really?  In that case,  your God is either a Sadist in this case, or doesn't give a damn, or was lying about that Sparrow thing. Why does the boy have to wait for the afterlife of his torturers when your God will assign them to Heaven or Hell? And  how the hell does that help him now? Is that the function of your God?  We'll meet  you in the afterlife.  If you are going to bring God into this, (and you have) and defend Him in these Circumstances, (you have) I think  you are going to need to witness a little more effectively to the rest of us.

Ka BAM Laughing
(08-29-2015, 08:02 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(08-29-2015, 03:07 PM)Carl_Kolchak Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 11:38 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 11:36 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 08:47 AM)Tiamat Wrote: I get exposed to lots of child abuse and stories and reports of abuse.  This quote: Don Larson, Angela Mil-lard’s court-appointed defense attorney, argued she should not have faced a seconddegree assault charge over the hairbrush incident because a hairbrush is not a “dangerous weapon,” as it was labeled in an indictment. He also said one charge in the indictment said the boy had been hit in the eye with the hairbrush, but a scar shows he was hit on the face near his eye.  was interesting to me. I was exposed to a case once where a child's teeth were broken out of his face from being hit with a hairbrush.

Yes! I'd like to knock a few teeth out of the head of that lawyer who proved his stupidly and insensitivity with that remark! 
The lawyer is probably court appointed and may believe  his clients guilty for all we know.

The lawyer is only doing his job. Ease up . . . .

Amazing isn't it? Do  people think the criminal defense attorney should be helping the prosecutor in the name of justice? It's like they don't even understand our legal system.

It's like the never watched one single episode of Perry Mason, Law and order or any other of the nine million lawyer  shows Razz
(08-28-2015, 03:36 PM)tornado Wrote: I do believe in heaven and hell in the literal sense. I hope the punishment meted out serves to put these people on the right path and they confess their sins, and accept Jesus Christ's salvation. Only those who don't will have a special place in hell. God forgives, yet He leaves it to a civil society to punish the evil doers.

If you want a God who controls you like a puppet on a string, go for it. I prefer having free will. The will to choose good over evil.

I'm sorry, but that's pretty weak. No one said anything about freechoice here.Or how this boy made one. One was made for him. No one said they wanted a God who controls you, or said they wanted a God at all. Your God says His eye is on the sparrow. Oh really?  In that case,  your God is either a Sadist in this case, or doesn't give a damn, or was lying about that Sparrow thing. Why does the boy have to wait for the afterlife of his torturers when your God will assign them to Heaven or Hell? And  how the hell does that help him now? Is that the function of your God?  We'll meet  you in the afterlife.  If you are going to bring God into this, (and you have) and defend Him in these Circumstances, (you have) I think  you are going to need to witness a little more effectively to the rest of us.
Well said, Tia. I agree completely.
MEDFORD, Ore. -- The Gold Hill couple found guilty of criminal mistreatment and second degree assault of their 11-year-old son was sentenced in Jackson County Circuit Court Tuesday.

The child's father, Lawrence Millard, 38, was sentenced to 10 years and his step-mother, Angela Millard, 35, was sentenced to 17 years.
- See more at: http://www.kdrv.com/news/Gold_Hill_Coupl...9ZjRa.dpuf

Sorry my comment went over your head. The point I made and other missed: God does not control people as if they are programmed to do good in every situation in life. Otherwise you would have a planet of robots. Everyone has the freedom to do good or evil. Shall we reprogram you so you can no longer sin?
(09-03-2015, 07:21 AM)tornado Wrote:

Sorry my comment went over your head. The point I made and other missed: God does not control people as if they are programmed to do good in every situation in life. Otherwise you would have a planet of robots. Everyone has the freedom to do good or evil. Shall we reprogram you so you can no longer sin?

Your comment went over no one's heads.
(09-03-2015, 07:27 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 07:21 AM)tornado Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 04:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:  The boy was already in a special place in hell. Where was your God then?

Your comment went over no one's heads.
Big Grin  

God does not control people as if they are programmed to do good in every situation in life. Otherwise you would have a planet of robots.

Yes indeed from what I see most Christian are like robots. They have certainly been programmed other wise they could think on their own, use simple logic and wouldn't believe in mythology.

And if people don't think God controls people why then when an illness or ANYTHING bad happens to people ,why do all the Christians want to pray for them?