iPads for all? Well, maybe
Funny stuff. Kids learn to use touchscreens as toddlers. How presumptuous and arrogant can you get?
"I am a lineman for the county..."
Jeez.
(08-31-2015, 07:32 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Funny stuff. Kids learn to use touchscreens as toddlers. How presumptuous and arrogant can you get?
"I am a lineman for the county..."
Jeez.

Take your meds, some deep breathing, try to relax and return to the conversation about how our young are being educated and what tools are necessary to reach the goal. 
(08-29-2015, 12:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-29-2015, 10:44 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-29-2015, 10:30 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-29-2015, 08:24 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 06:45 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I have a 2, I'd get a newer one with retina display. I'd also get one with data plan capabilities, unless she's only going to use it at home. 
My opinion based on having one.

I don't have a "data plan" because I use my devices at home connected by Wi-Fi. (And I don't have a "smart phone"). If I traveled a lot I guess I'd want the wireless anywhere connection. Curious: How many here have data plans?

All my devices are older so I don't have any with a Retina display. My daughter does, and I guess my need for really clear and bright screens is not that great because I don't feel the need to spend the extra bucks to get it. (But I don't do PhotoShop) 

But all this brings something to mind: It might be interesting to share what we use our "devices for" (other than calling one another crude names on the RVF.  Laughing. An example that is a personal preference of mine: I have the iPad but don't have the optional keyboard: I HATE trying to type any amount of text on the thing. I "touch type" and I like a real QUERTY keyboard. I exchange email with family and friends and don't like to have to type text on the pop-up screen of the iPad. I also use a word processing program (Open Office) for some other stuff and NEED a good keyboard) 

Point being, I not only "look" at web pages but use these things to type text and exchange text based stuff. So...my need for a good keyboard. Bye the by: Anyone here have the optional keyboard for the iPad, and if so, what's the verdict? 

And this: Anyone here be interested in sharing the "favorite" or most used web sites? The advantage might be that we could find interesting stuff from seeing what others like. (Maybe this could be a separate Topic?) A couple of examples: I think Wikipedia is, like shirt pockets, esential and of great value. Because I like to read, I like "Goodreads.com", and IMDB.com because I like movies. Of course the every popular YouTube, Craigslist, and Ebay. 

Whatever: Just a thought, and a way of expanding the "value" of this forum (maybe).

PS: Now feel free to jump all over my butt for the long post.  Embarrassed

Keyboard? You don't need no stinking keyboard. Just click on the little microphone and talk.

"Computer. Computer."  (spoken with a bad Scottish brogue)  Laughing

If it's nah Scottish IT'S CRAP!!!

There's a special hell for bad, fake Scottish accents! Big Grin
(08-31-2015, 07:23 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 11:12 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-30-2015, 10:08 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I'm not sure iPads or any other electronic device would improve the flow of conversation here. 

Let's hope they help the kids at Eagle Point schools to use all the features leading out into the WWW and learn critical thinking and continuity of of thought and dialog to produce rational and interesting content. 

You aren't really talking about the kids are ya?I bet you wish you could delete any post that goes off topic. I would say lighten up but you aren't going to change. You just can't help your nanny self

[Image: Cheese%20and%20Whine.jpg]

A response that might well be typical of a 4th grade student from Eagle Point, iPad or not. You can be better than this. 

My response was spot on regarding your never ending desire to control. Your NEVER ENDING whining about " flow of conversation" here .Your complaining about a lack of (In YOUR MIND)  "dialog to produce rational and interesting content"
IS GETTING REALLY REALLY OLD!!!!

Jesus H Christ The nanny comments and the hall monitor comments you have been getting for YEARS don't seem to make a dent in that thick control freak skull of yours.

You are not the boss of ANYONE here You can be better than this.
And... more of the friggin same.
(08-31-2015, 12:46 PM)Scrapper Wrote: And... more of the friggin same.

That's what I thought, Sorry I'm guilty I guess. But it's more of the same that I just couldn't take anymore.
Wonky, here is some advise, sincerely from the heart. Could you maybe try to relax and just ALLOW the free form of ideas and let them develop and flow? Allow topics to stray and allow everyone the freedom to "think out loud" as a topic progresses? There really aren't any "rules" in this regard, as much as you seem to want to implement them. Do you understand what I am trying to say here?