Wake Up and Say Something
(12-12-2015, 10:45 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 10:12 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 08:05 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 02:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 09:56 AM)cletus1 Wrote: And a happy Friday to you.  Smiling 

I am officially retired. I now get monthly Social Security money. However, I do things to earn money because I like to see stuff and buy stuff. 

I remember talking to Larry about working. He insinuated that people that did not have "jobs" were lazy. I called his attention to people that did not need to work because they were wealthy. I can't recall what he said, but it was indeed ridiculous. He was quite proud of the fact that he worked. 

Larry will probably work until they make him stop.  Rolling Eyes

However, I do things to earn money because I like to see stuff and buy stuff.

If I remember right you are my age. So you filed for SS at 62? I'm really glad I did. I could have waited three years to get more per month. But the money I get now pays my bills and and I'm able to make money with money. I could easily start a full blown business and hire people if I wanted to. Big Grin. I should have quit doing Electrical work years ago.

Yeah, I am around your age, but I filed at 63. I am having the same experience with having enough money. It's easier when you don't have many bills, and I have very few. I'm using money I make to slowly fix up the house and travel. 

You bet your sweet bippy!
I retired (early) at 57, started collecting SS at 62, and live a comfortable (if modest) life style. My early retirement opened a job for someone else. Never been sorry for the decision. (We are going to be a long time dead). 

And I too enjoy travel. A couple of years ago went to Cave Junction and had lunch at Taylor's sausage palace. Normally don't like to travel that far but once in a while it's good to get away...you know?  Rolling Eyes

Did you learn the language before you going? What travel guide did you use?

Good questions.
I got a travel guide from TVg, who got it (of course) on Craigslist. Published in "Okie-English" I had an advantage because I grew up with that dialect. You can use U.S. $.  I did borrow an assault rifle with a banana clip but didn't have to use it. (Nice sunny day, around noon). We took our own water, extra tuna sandwiches (Best Foods Real Mayonnaise of course), flares, flip phone, and extra socks and blankets. 

All told, a pleasant trip. (Except that a LOT of jerks kept blowing horns at me on the highway even though I was holding at a constant speed of 40 MPH). 

I recommend it. Once. 

PS: I would be a more pleasant trip if you have a car radio.  Embarrassed
(12-12-2015, 10:16 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 02:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 09:56 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 08:03 AM)Tiamat Wrote: When I come to think of it, I don't know how many if any of you all work regular jobs on this forum. it seems a lot are retired or somthing else, but.....IT'S FRIDAY!  And I only have to work half a day!  Yay!  Who was it?.....oh, yeah, I remember. It was Larry who implied something about work or not working.  Can't remember what ridiculousness, but in a very smug way, as if he was the last red blooded American who walked out the door in the morning and punched a time card...well, at any rate....I'm looking forward to my lunch time! Smiling Happy Friday to all!

And a happy Friday to you.  Smiling 

I am officially retired. I now get monthly Social Security money. However, I do things to earn money because I like to see stuff and buy stuff. 

I remember talking to Larry about working. He insinuated that people that did not have "jobs" were lazy. I called his attention to people that did not need to work because they were wealthy. I can't recall what he said, but it was indeed ridiculous. He was quite proud of the fact that he worked. 

Larry will probably work until they make him stop.  Rolling Eyes

However, I do things to earn money because I like to see stuff and buy stuff.

If I remember right you are my age. So you filed for SS at 62? I'm really glad I did. I could have waited three years to get more per month. But the money I get now pays my bills and and I'm able to make money with money. I could easily start a full blown business and hire people if I wanted to. Big Grin. I should have quit doing Electrical work years ago.

Doesn't Craigslist seem terribly overpriced to you?  It sounds like a great way to keep money rolling in.  What kind of things do you find and resell?  I always think most of the prices seem too high for what's being sold.

It might be easier to say what I DON'T buy and sell. Smiling I don't really want to say on here what item I buy and sell the most. Just a couple of weeks ago I bought a Hummel figurine for $50 and sold it for over $200.

I always think most of the prices seem too high for what's being sold.

Well yes, a lot of sellers are not "owners" like they are supposed to be. Tons of the items on CL under "owner" are being sold by Goodwill, Pawnshops, thrift stores and all kinds of businesses. Plus American Mercantile, Collectors market and places like that have retail priced items.
You just have to find people who either don't know what their item is worth or don't care and just want it gone.

I found an overhead camper on CL free. I sold it for $1200.
Good morning, suckas!

[Image: 3b2a8aac72c569579437a9fb6e6ad87c.jpg]
Come with me
To the Sea.....
(02-02-2016, 11:04 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Come with me
To the Sea.....
(02-02-2016, 09:46 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Good morning, suckas!

There is suppose to be a big earthquake and tidal wave soon.
(02-02-2016, 09:45 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 09:46 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Good morning, suckas!

There is suppose to be a big earthquake and tidal wave soon.

Yes. It's a total tsunami zone. And... One road in, one road out.
(09-17-2015, 01:10 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 11:50 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I slept 10+ hours last night.  
Just sayin'...  Big Grin

And when you got up you probably had a great cup of coffee in your PJs and slippers and spent some leisurely time on some websites.  Smiling

While I'm waking with a groan......and then shuffling  out the door to work.....which is blessedly 3 blocks away. Where I can clock in, stare glazedly at the computer screen, drink my energy drink and try to wake up and spend the next the 9 and a half hours trying to be on my game.   Till I come home and most days just sit down and die till the next morning!........
I'm pretty fond of being retired 
(02-02-2016, 11:20 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 11:04 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Come with me
To the Sea.....

Come with me to the sea......Sounds good!
It is time or close to time to prune the roses and fruit trees. I am going to hire my buddy Wasabi to do the trees. I decided that I am not climbing ladders anymore. Ladders are for young men or people that regularly climb on them for their profession. Anyway, if Wasabi chickens out, I will hire my other young friend. I will supervise because I am really good at that. 

I wonder when Wonky will chime in again. If he does, I plan to be all civil and stuff. Really! 

Enjoy your day RVF people. 
(02-05-2016, 09:37 AM)cletus1 Wrote: It is time or close to time to prune the roses and fruit trees. I am going to hire my buddy Wasabi to do the trees. I decided that I am not climbing ladders anymore. Ladders are for young men or people that regularly climb on them for their profession. Anyway, if Wasabi chickens out, I will hire my other young friend. I will supervise because I am really good at that. 

I wonder when Wonky will chime in again. If he does, I plan to be all civil and stuff. Really! 

The 5 minutes of research I did also revealed that this is a good month to prune grape vines in our area. I plan on pruning up some vines one weekend this month, no idea how to do it but I watched a youtube vid so that makes me an expert Wink
(02-05-2016, 09:37 AM)cletus1 Wrote: It is time or close to time to prune the roses and fruit trees. I am going to hire my buddy Wasabi to do the trees. I decided that I am not climbing ladders anymore. Ladders are for young men or people that regularly climb on them for their profession. Anyway, if Wasabi chickens out, I will hire my other young friend. I will supervise because I am really good at that. 

It IS time. The trees are waking up. I have plumb trees already showing tiny buds and leaves.

I have a long row of poplars I planted.. Like 150 feet along my back fence. I need to top them so they don't get so tall and they bush out, But that area won't be dry enough to drive on for awhile.  I plan on putting my 22 foot scaffold aluminum walk plank on top of the lumber rack on my pickup. Then use my electric pole saw.

I also want to plant a few more poplars and this is the time of year when you can just poke a branch in to the ground and it grows.
February is Daffodil month.
(02-05-2016, 09:34 PM)Juniper Wrote: February is Daffodil month.

And it seems a little longer this year.
(02-05-2016, 10:55 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(02-05-2016, 09:34 PM)Juniper Wrote: February is Daffodil month.

And it seems a little longer this year.

But..... no more Daffodils.
Where HAVE all the flowers gone?
(02-06-2016, 12:24 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Where HAVE all the flowers gone?

Gone to bakers, everyone.

[Image: wheat-and-bread-flour.jpg]
(02-05-2016, 01:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It IS time. The trees are waking up. I have plumb trees already showing tiny buds and leaves.

Well that just begs the question, are you growing plumb bobs or are your trees just growing perfecting perpendicular? Wink Razz