Concealed hand guns!
Smiling

Just posting the note from the MPD page:

Concealed Handgun License Holder Assaulted and Robbed of his Handgun.

A 25 year old male entered the South Walmart last night while lawfully carrying his Springfield XD 40 caliber handgun, in a holster, in the back of his waistband. He walked into the bathroom where he was followed by the suspect.

The suspect tried to grab the victim's handgun, but was not successful. The suspect then punched the victim, knocking him to the ground, and forcefully took the handgun. The suspect pointed the gun at the victim and ordered him out of the restroom.

The suspect is seen on video running out the emergency exit where he meets up with the second suspect, before fleeing in a dark colored sedan (no further description).

These are the best pics we have so far. Hopefully we can get better quality pics today.

The first suspect is described as:

- White male

- Mid 30s

- Medium build

- 6’2”

- Black Raiders t-shirt over gray long sleeved shirt

- Blue jean shorts

- White and black tennis shoes

- Flat billed hat

The second suspect is described as:

- Hispanic male

- 20s – 30s

- 5’10”

- White shorts

- Gray and black pullover jacket with red drawstrings

- Black beanie with red stripe

- Red and white tennis shoes

We need to find these guys, please share!
They will be caught when they go get the mandatory back ground check.
Being "aware" is a key component to one's safety carrying or not. I'll bet this guy will be more aware in the future.  
(09-19-2015, 08:23 PM)charger Wrote: They will be caught when they go get the mandatory back ground check.

? Did that just go zoomin' over my head? Unsure
(09-19-2015, 08:43 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(09-19-2015, 08:23 PM)charger Wrote: They will be caught when they go get the mandatory back ground check.

sar·casm

ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun

1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
(09-19-2015, 08:49 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

sar·casm

ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun

Big Grin Thank you.
(09-19-2015, 08:54 PM)Tiamat Wrote:

sar·casm

ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun

Big Grin Thank you.

[Image: Thomas-is-blowing-a-kiss-to-you-thomas-g...00-225.gif]

sar·casm

ˈsärˌkazəm/
noun

Or you could just say.....

lou:sy

'jo,ke/
Something is missing from this story. How did the guys know he had a concealed firearm?
I open carry on occasion, but this guy had his clipped BEHIND him instead of on the side. Kinda stupid.

And Tia, what charger meant was, if the thief were to be LEGAL, they MUST go get a background check in order to possess their new stolen gun....

I mean, that's the LAW, right?
(09-20-2015, 07:48 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Something is missing from this story. How did the guys know he had a concealed firearm?

I think it was visible.
(09-20-2015, 09:14 AM)Tiamat Wrote:
(09-20-2015, 07:48 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Something is missing from this story. How did the guys know he had a concealed firearm?

I think it was visible.

He HAS a CCP, but was choosing to open carry that day.  I understand moving it behind me when in the woods, as it gives a little more arm freedom, but in public, I would NEVER put it in such a position.
Well, the bad news here is that it's obviously going to be used in the commission of a crime now.
(09-20-2015, 09:23 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(09-20-2015, 09:14 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

I think it was visible.

He HAS a CCP, but was choosing to open carry that day.  I understand moving it behind me when in the woods, as it gives a little more arm freedom, but in public, I would NEVER put it in such a position.

I read several articles. No where did I see where anyone said he chose to open carry. One said he had the gun "partially concealed. Another said it was under his shirt.

Quote:The 25-year-old permit holder entered the Walmart at 1360 Center Drive around 9 p.m., police said. He had a Springfield XD 40-caliber handgun in a holster in the back of his waistband, and his shirt covered the weapon.

At any rate I'm with you about having the weapon behind his back. I wouldn't do that and that may be why the gun was visible.
UPDATE:

BTW they caught the perps

By Ariana Rakhshani/KTVL.com

MEDFORD-- One man is behind bars.

Police said Joshua Wright is one of the suspects involved in a Walmart bathroom assault and robbery.

Wright was found Friday night loitering around the Jackson County Jail. Police said he was heavily under the influence of drugs.

He has been arrested.

Medford Police say Wright did not know the victim.

The other suspect was interviewed by police. He has not been charged with any crimes. The gun remains at large.

[Image: _?_=1560471]

Bail: $1,030,000.00 Smiling

http://inmate.jacksoncounty.org/Inmate.a...er=1560471
The gun remains at large. Sold for drug money no doubt. It's a good thing SB941 was passed, so we should be able to find out through the required background check who bought it, right?

Wait, what?
(09-20-2015, 10:25 AM)Hugo Wrote: The gun remains at large.  Sold for drug money no doubt.  It's a good thing SB941 was passed, so we should be able to find out through the required background check who bought it, right?

Wait, what?

I don't see how this incident proves either way if the new law is any good or not.

I actually think that it was a no brainier that eventually we would have to jump through some hoops to sell a gun to another person.
I talked to a guy at a gun store on the phone the other day wanting to know if THEY would do a background check for me if I wanted to sell a gun.
The guy got so worked up on the phone he must have been frothing at the mouth. He would barely let me talk or listen to me. He went off on a rant about how a kid can get a sex change operation but can't buy a gun and on and on.
It was actually very funny Laughing

I don't really give a shit about the new law. If I sell a gun I'll just charge the buyer what ever money it costs me to get the background check.
BTW anyone walking around with an exposed or partially concealed valuable firearm is partially responsible for having it stolen.
It's no different than leaving the keys in your car or walking around with a few hundred dollar bills sticking out of your pocket.
(09-20-2015, 09:51 AM)tvguy Wrote: UPDATE:

BTW they caught the perps

By Ariana Rakhshani/KTVL.com

MEDFORD-- One man is behind bars.

Police said Joshua Wright is one of the suspects involved in a Walmart bathroom assault and robbery.

Wright was found Friday night loitering around the Jackson County Jail. Police said he was heavily under the influence of drugs.

He has been arrested.

Medford Police say Wright did not know the victim.

The other suspect was interviewed by police. He has not been charged with any crimes. The gun remains at large.

Not the brightest bulb in the box.