Lousy stinking insurance company! Or...
So, Allstate might not pay the claim just because this woman's 53 year old "waste of a son" burned down her house. I'm no fan of insurance companies but at some point there is a line. Just where, I'm not sure, but a line...

[b]FEW OPTIONS AFTER ARSON[/b] 

Woman says home insurance policy was canceled after fire

By Thomas Moriarty

Mail Tribune

An elderly Talent woman says she’s been left to depend on friends and family after her home was gutted in a suspected arson and her insurance company canceled her policy. Insurance industry officials contend the process of handling fire-related claims isn’t cut-and-dry.

Lola Powell, 81, says she wasn’t home when flames flared Jan. 9 inside her house in the 300 block of South Second Street. “I had to go to the eye doctor to get glasses,” she says.

Seven months later, Oregon State Police detectives arrested Powell’s 53-yearold son, Jeffrey Lynn Kenton, who had been living with her in the home. The Jackson County District Attorney’s Office has since charged Kenton with first-degree arson, a Class A felony carrying a mandatory
minimum sentence of 90 months in prison under Measure 11 guidelines.

Arson investigators
 believe Kenton intentionally set fire to the home by leaving his mother’s curling iron on in her downstairs bathroom. The affidavit said Kenton also stole some of his mother’s jewelry prior to the fire and sold it on the street for about $1,500.

“He robbed her of everything,” says Powell’s sister Viola Slade.

(More online) 
Can't we just lock people like this up in a room with a huge pile drugs and let them have at it until they expire?  Ninja

[Image: EP-150929994.jpg&MaxW=650&MaxH=650]

As to the insurance co., the article says MAY not pay. If they don't it would mean they have proof the woman was complicit in the arson.
I got them back. Just cancelled the wife's insurance policy.  Big Grin  
Allstate has never been much for paying claims. Ranked #1 bad boys. Remember Katrina?
If you have Allstate send me your premium money, I'll at least feel bad for you.
(09-21-2015, 11:07 AM)Willie Krash Wrote: Allstate has never been much for paying claims. Ranked #1 bad boys. Remember Katrina?
If you have Allstate send me your premium money, I'll at least feel bad for you.

Laughing I've heard that. Often. 
Poor old lady who lost the house. I mean, how can you keep your son out. "Home is the place that when you knock they have to let you in". 
Allstate should pay her, then sue her for raising stupid irresponsible offspring.  Embarrassed I can't believe I said that. Yes I can.  Razz
The poor old lady didn't do her homework.
Too be fair if she let her kid live there...well that's Allstates out.
(09-21-2015, 12:11 PM)Willie Krash Wrote: The poor old lady didn't do her homework.
Too be fair if she let her kid live there...well that's Allstates out.

Could be...but I wonder: I mean the "kid" was over 50 years old. Did she have knowledge that he might be plotting to destroy her house and maybe in the same stroke, her? 

This outta make a couple of lawyers rich.  Razz
Allstate has always sucked. I wonder if they save as much money for not helping the old lady as the loose for all this bad publicity.

Like I said Allstate insurance is a ripoff .. I hope people find these key words  Big Grin

I remember YEARS ago when people who had Allstate BTW BAD INSURANCE they would be cancelled if they got in an accident regardless of who was at  fault.
(09-21-2015, 09:11 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Can't we just lock people like this up in a room with a huge pile drugs and let them have at it until they expire?  Ninja

As to the insurance co., the article says MAY not pay. If they don't it would mean they have proof the woman was complicit in the arson.

Is she really 81?
looks kind of like a 30 year old speed freak. (IMO)
(09-21-2015, 05:11 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(09-21-2015, 09:11 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Can't we just lock people like this up in a room with a huge pile drugs and let them have at it until they expire?  Ninja

Is she really 81?

Pretty sure this is the 53 year old son.
(09-21-2015, 05:35 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Is she really 81?

That's what I'm thinking. 53 HARD years. Hope he gets a boil right the crack of his butt! 

Is she really 81?

Pretty sure that was an attempt a humor. fell short
(09-21-2015, 08:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Is she really 81?

I thought about that before I responded, but the "(IMO)" made me think it was was an honest mistake.
(09-21-2015, 08:21 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(09-21-2015, 08:17 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Is she really 81?

I thought about that before I responded, but the "(IMO)" made me think it was was an honest mistake.

That and the Rogue River lady that chopped up those guys for the pigs to eat looked like a dude too.