Into each life some rain must fall...
We got a bit of rain. 
"They" tell us the fire season is at last over, or at least a minor concern. 
For this year.
And "they" also tell us our weather patterns are changing, with less snow forecast on the ridges and mountains, and that our forests will most likely start drying early in the season. 
"They" should start now in preparing to fund and prepare for next summer when we can once again expect smoke in the valley and houses nestled in the woods burning. 

Most of us are citizens without portfolio, going about our daily lives trying to make ends meet. "They" are the people we elect, educate, and pay to administer the programs our tax dollars support. 

I hope to read in our popular press how "they" are preparing for the summer months that will follow, as surely as the night follows day, the policies and programs to deal with wild fires we know will erupt. 
It is funny that you still harbor the illusion that there is anything approaching a popular press. The media is fragmented, and that is a good thing.
I don't think Rogue Valley leaders can see beyond the 1980's. We're 15 years into a new century and no one in power around here has any vision.
(10-20-2015, 08:43 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: We got a bit of rain. 
For this year.
And "they" also tell us our weather patterns are changing, with less snow forecast on the ridges and mountains, and that our forests will most likely start drying early in the season. 
"They" should start now in preparing to fund and prepare for next summer when we can once again expect smoke in the valley and houses nestled in the woods burning. 

Most of us are citizens without portfolio, going about our daily lives trying to make ends meet. "They" are the people we elect, educate, and pay to administer the programs our tax dollars support. 

I hope to read in our popular press how "they" are preparing for the summer months that will follow, as surely as the night follows day, the policies and programs to deal with wild fires we know will erupt. 

Who said the fires season is over? The wildfire season is still in affect 541 776 7007
(10-20-2015, 03:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
For this year.

Who said the fires season is over? The wildfire season is still in affect 541 776 7007

"..or at least a minor concern."
(10-20-2015, 05:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-20-2015, 03:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
For this year.

"..or at least a minor concern."

Yep, fire season isn't over yet. Soda Mtn fire lookout is still being manned. They won't vacate until the season is officially over.
I knew what you meant wonky.  Big Grin