Is this offensive?
Of course it's offensive. That is the point. However, it ain't much more offensive than some of the stand up comedy I watch on cable. 
(11-05-2015, 09:15 PM)Valuesize Wrote: ...

...Why would a pediphile be offended? 

I thought the costume was portraying a pediphile.   Unsure ???  That's why it would offend them.
(11-07-2015, 03:25 PM)Thinker Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 09:15 PM)Valuesize Wrote: ...

...Why would a pediphile be offended? 

I thought the costume was portraying a pediphile.   Unsure ???  That's why it would offend them.

I think they would not be so much offended. More likely they would be alarmed that their shenanigans were being brought to peoples attention again. I'd think there normal wish would be to fly under everybody's radar.
(11-05-2015, 08:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 11:03 PM)Thinker Wrote: i don't think it's offensive because I think of it as him making fun of something going on in the world that is bad. I'm not offended because I'm not a pedophile, but I don't think it's tasteless because he's reaffirming to everyone that the pedophilia is wrong. I like it when people expose the bad stuff going on in the world, rather than everyone keeping things swept under the carpet. Even if I thought his costume was offensive, I'd leave him alone because I believe in free speech. I believe in "live and let live" - you can do anything you want as long as you're not hurting anyone else. I suppose pedophiles may be offended though, but they have to live with it in order to have free speech & freedom of expression.

I sounds a little like you are trying to make excuses for the guy.
If "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", then at what point do we condemn things that are ugly and offensive? 

The real point: Did it have to be posted? 
(11-08-2015, 09:26 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-04-2015, 11:03 PM)Thinker Wrote: i don't think it's offensive because I think of it as him making fun of something going on in the world that is bad. I'm not offended because I'm not a pedophile, but I don't think it's tasteless because he's reaffirming to everyone that the pedophilia is wrong. I like it when people expose the bad stuff going on in the world, rather than everyone keeping things swept under the carpet. Even if I thought his costume was offensive, I'd leave him alone because I believe in free speech. I believe in "live and let live" - you can do anything you want as long as you're not hurting anyone else. I suppose pedophiles may be offended though, but they have to live with it in order to have free speech & freedom of expression.

If "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", then at what point do we condemn things that are ugly and offensive? 

I'm not even sure who posted the original picture. Was it the proprietor or the angry offended councilman?
(11-08-2015, 10:19 AM)Tiamat Wrote:

I'm not even sure who posted the original picture. Was it the proprietor or the angry offended councilman?

I think Wonky meant why was it posted here. But I don't think it was the "proprietor" of the bar whp posted the oic on social media. And I don't have a problem with it being posted anywhere.This is just the way it's gonna be in the 21st century.
If you wear a stupid offensive outfit and it ends up on social media?? Too bad, so sad, cry me a river but he asked for it IMO. The guy in the costume thought it was funny. Some people who are only aware of this not only don't think it's funny they also won't ever visit the establishment. I bet that it's not all that funny to the proprietor now.
(11-08-2015, 03:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I think Wonky meant why was it posted here. But I don't think it was the "proprietor" of the bar whp posted the oic on social media. And I don't have a problem with it being posted anywhere.This is just the way it's gonna be in the 21st century.
If you wear a stupid offensive outfit and it ends up on social media?? Too bad, so sad, cry me a river but he asked for it IMO. The guy in the costume thought it was funny. Some people who are only aware of this not only don't think it's funny they also won't ever visit the establishment. I bet that it's not all that funny to the proprietor now.

Really? Why would he mean that? It's a discussion site and all the comments have been relevant. You can hardly answer the question without seeing the picture.

Is that what you meant, Wonky?
(11-08-2015, 04:12 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(11-05-2015, 08:05 PM)tvguy Wrote: I sounds a little like you are trying to make excuses for the guy.

Really? Why would he mean that? It's a discussion site and all the comments have been relevant. You can hardly answer the question without seeing the picture.

I'm just guessing Wonky said  "Did it have to be posted?" What's the difference if it's here or on Facebook?
(11-08-2015, 04:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 04:12 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 09:26 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: If "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", then at what point do we condemn things that are ugly and offensive? 

I'm just guessing Wonky said  "Did it have to be posted?" What's the difference if it's here or on Facebook?

No idea. Maybe Wonky will clear it up.