Where can I get music to make CD's?
(11-08-2015, 06:35 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 04:41 PM)tvguy Wrote: It's kind of funny. I can listen to a bazillion songs on youtbe and never pay a dime. But if I want to put the same song on a disc??????

There are ways to copy youtbe video. I did it one time a couple years ago. I need to look in to that again. 

Firefox has add on that can download utubes

Download as in I can put them on a disc? Tell me more. Big Grin
(11-08-2015, 10:29 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Why don't you just listen to Pandora?  I mean, if you're too cheap to purchase music... Pandora is free, if you don't mind the advertisements.

I want CD's.So I can listen to specif songs when ever and wherever I am. And yes I do mind advertisements Smiling

I'll try the library idea. But I'm surprised that the CDs aren't encrypted with something to prevent people from copying them.
I mean what's the dif if I copy a library CD or I download it illegally from the internet. The musician STILL doesn't get paid either way.
(11-09-2015, 12:29 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 10:29 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Why don't you just listen to Pandora?  I mean, if you're too cheap to purchase music... Pandora is free, if you don't mind the advertisements.

I want CD's.So I can listen to specif songs when ever and wherever I am. And yes I do mind advertisements Smiling

I'll try the library idea. But I'm surprised that the CDs aren't encrypted with something to prevent people from copying them.
I mean what's the dif if I copy a library CD or I download it illegally from the internet. The musician STILL doesn't get paid either way.

The library paid and besides, I don't think they are worried about the relatively small number of lower income folks that typically acquire music that way. 
(11-09-2015, 12:50 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 12:29 AM)tvguy Wrote:

The library paid and besides, I don't think they are worried about the relatively small number of lower income folks that typically acquire music that way. 

Hmmmm. let me think... Nope. The library paid the same as any individual would. But they take the discs and loan them to hundreds of different people. How is different than letting people download? Either way the musician doesn't get paid.

Me borrowing CDs from friends is STILL a way around paying the musician who made the music.

Come to think of it library's are ripping off the novelists who write books Laughing
(11-09-2015, 12:21 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-08-2015, 04:41 PM)tvguy Wrote: It's kind of funny. I can listen to a bazillion songs on youtbe and never pay a dime. But if I want to put the same song on a disc??????

There are ways to copy youtbe video. I did it one time a couple years ago. I need to look in to that again. 

YouTube Video and Audio Downloader

Features:
1. Download YouTube videos in all available format (FLV, MP4, WebM, and 3GP)
2. Extract original audio file. Useful to listen to the downloaded audio files on MP3 players.
3. Download video subtitles in all available languages.
4. Get comprehensive information about currently opened YouTube video.
5. Video conversion tools (mp3 Converter, M4A audio muxer, WebM audio muxer, and AAC audio extractor).
6. Support for DASH video- and audio-only streams with auto muxing.

There are lots of you tube down loaders.
Does your CD player handle MP3?
If you have one of them old fashion ones, you have to convert the file.
I mostly play MP3.
(11-09-2015, 01:55 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(11-09-2015, 12:21 AM)tvguy Wrote:

YouTube Video and Audio Downloader

Features:
1. Download YouTube videos in all available format (FLV, MP4, WebM, and 3GP)
2. Extract original audio file. Useful to listen to the downloaded audio files on MP3 players.
3. Download video subtitles in all available languages.
4. Get comprehensive information about currently opened YouTube video.
5. Video conversion tools (mp3 Converter, M4A audio muxer, WebM audio muxer, and AAC audio extractor).
6. Support for DASH video- and audio-only streams with auto muxing.

There are lots of you tube down loaders.
Does your CD player handle MP3?
If you have one of them old fashion ones, you have to convert the file.
I mostly play MP3.

Thanks..I just bought a unit that will make CDs last week so it should work. I'm going to try this but I'm very suspicious.