Christmas Shopping
Forget shopping. Give money, that way the people you give gifts to wont have to stand in the return lines at stores on December 26th.  
(11-28-2015, 10:26 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(11-28-2015, 09:55 AM)Tiamat Wrote: I've been thinking of making a Costco trip.  But....I'm a'skeered!

I hear that! But don't you think if we approach that right it helps? We KNOW it's going to be a zoo so if we just accept it and mellow out as best we can, it helps a bit. 
That, and a couple of ounces of good booze, a toke or two on a fatty, a couple of Klonopin, and some Yoga deep breathing.  Wink

No good answers. We gotta do what we gotta do. 

Actually, right after typing that, I got up and went out there.  Fortunately it was quite mellow. Got a parking place relatively close, and  had helpful clerks. Didn't have to do much! Except fork over the dough!
Oh. But I only bought groceries and sundries and gas. No gifts for anyone. Not even me!
(11-28-2015, 12:06 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Oh. But I only bought groceries and sundries and gas. No gifts for anyone. Not even me!

I quit buying gas there. It's not any cheaper or not much cheaper than a lot of other places that don't have the lines.
Black Friday sale down at the covered wagon store, downtown Sunny Valley was rough.
(11-28-2015, 02:34 PM)chuck white Wrote: Black Friday sale down at the covered wagon store, downtown Sunny Valley was rough.

You and that other guy should have stormed the gates to get the good deal on those corn dogs. I mean wow! Two for a buck? I almost drove out there but 3:00am was a deal killer.
(11-28-2015, 01:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-28-2015, 12:06 PM)Tiamat Wrote: Oh. But I only bought groceries and sundries and gas. No gifts for anyone. Not even me!

I quit buying gas there. It's not any cheaper or not much cheaper than a lot of other places that don't have the lines.

Only when I'm shopping there...never go there for gas alone.  Wasn't too bad today.
(11-28-2015, 03:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(11-28-2015, 02:34 PM)chuck white Wrote: Black Friday sale down at the covered wagon store, downtown Sunny Valley was rough.

You and that other guy should have stormed the gates to get the good deal on those corn dogs. I mean wow! Two for a buck? I almost drove out there but 3:00am was a deal killer.

I was afraid they'd run out of corn dogs, but they still had plenty from last year, so every thing was cool.
(11-20-2015, 10:07 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Love it or hate it, most of us still do it. I don't need anything so I will probably get some new towels and socks and like it. 

Did I mention that I am going to Saint Thomas after Chrismas? Did I mention it more than once? OK then. That is our Christmas present and I am looking forward to it. 

I will buy a few things to put under the tree. Like most people the seasonal shopping is just part of our routine, but I am kinda getting sick of Christmas. 

Ok, so what do you buy for the person that wants nothing.  Smiling

[Image: HE1215a-480x360.jpg]
Nessie Kitchen Soup Ladle Cool Design Loch Ness Monster Spoon

[Image: HE1215b-480x360.jpg]
(12-01-2015, 11:50 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(11-20-2015, 10:07 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Love it or hate it, most of us still do it. I don't need anything so I will probably get some new towels and socks and like it. 

Did I mention that I am going to Saint Thomas after Chrismas? Did I mention it more than once? OK then. That is our Christmas present and I am looking forward to it. 

I will buy a few things to put under the tree. Like most people the seasonal shopping is just part of our routine, but I am kinda getting sick of Christmas. 

Those are hideous. 
Ok, I know this is a bit weird, but I am buying my own Chrismas presents this year. I am going to the store, pointing to what I want and then going someplace for a Carona beer. I am confident that I will find those presents under the tree on Christmas. 

You got to have a few wrapped presents to make the living room look Christmassy. Some blue jeans, a couple of shirts, underwear and maybe some socks all wrapped separately. My Christmas present is the upcoming vacation. The presents under the tree are just for show. Smiling
(12-18-2015, 08:46 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Ok, I know this is a bit weird, but I am buying my own Chrismas presents this year. I am going to the store, pointing to what I want and then going someplace for a Carona beer. I am confident that I will find those presents under the tree on Christmas. 

You got to have a few wrapped presents to make the living room look Christmassy. Some blue jeans, a couple of shirts, underwear and maybe some socks all wrapped separately. My Christmas present is the upcoming vacation. The presents under the tree are just for show.  Smiling

I ordered mine from Amazon. 
(12-02-2015, 05:58 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Those are hideous. 

I guess. They are amusing to me.
(12-18-2015, 08:16 PM)Tiamat Wrote:
(12-02-2015, 05:58 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

Those are hideous. 

I guess. They are amusing to me.
OK, they are amusingly hideous.  Big Grin