Fargo Season 2
Anyone watch it?  Any thoughts?  I have one question:  Spoiler alert:  I will post at the bottom of the page:

WTH?  UFO's??? Twitch Unsure
Is there anywhere I can start from season 1?
(01-02-2016, 06:14 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: Is there anywhere I can start from season 1?

I don't know....but it doesn't matter. They are separate stories. No connection to each other whatsoever.
(01-02-2016, 06:08 PM)Juniper Wrote: Anyone watch it?  Any thoughts?  I have one question:  Spoiler alert:  I will post at the bottom of the page:

I had a lot of questions about that and other things. Then I thought about the idea that they were planning for and leading up to the next season. Pretty sure the black guy won't be content with the tiny office. I think we will see more of the Indian. And maybe more of the crazy ass loopy woman.

My wife and I both liked it a lot.
(01-02-2016, 06:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 06:08 PM)Juniper Wrote: Anyone watch it?  Any thoughts?  I have one question:  Spoiler alert:  I will post at the bottom of the page:

I had a lot of questions about that and other things. Then I thought about the idea that they were planning for and leading up to the next season. Pretty sure the black guy won't be content with the tiny office. I think we will see more of the Indian. And maybe more of the crazy ass loopy woman.

Is it supposed to be continued? Because season 1 was not. This one is more open to continuation. Several characters are left open.  But Season 1 with Billy Bob Thorton and Martin Freeman was completely close ended.
(01-02-2016, 06:55 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Is it supposed to be continued? Because season 1 was not. This one is more open to continuation. Several characters are left open.  But Season 1 with Billy Bob Thorton and Martin Freeman was completely close ended.

Is it supposed to be continued? Beats me but it's the only explanation why it ended the way it did.
(01-02-2016, 06:38 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 06:14 PM)Someones Dad Wrote: Is there anywhere I can start from season 1?

I don't know....but it doesn't matter. They are separate stories. No connection to each other whatsoever.

Tia, Thanks for posting this. I didn't know there was a season 2. How/where were you watching it? Is it worth watching? From your post, I get the impression it has taken a turn for the worse?
(01-02-2016, 09:01 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Tia, Thanks for posting this. I didn't know there was a season 2. How/where were you watching it? Is it worth watching? From your post, I get the impression it has taken a turn for the worse?

Hell no. It was awesome.
(01-02-2016, 10:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Hell no. It was awesome.

How/where were you watching it?

Actually no. It was great!  Amazing actors, great performances, great writing.  Classic Coen brothers stuff. I watched it on Cable.  I actually didn't realize that none of the Fargo's are available to stream on Netflix.  It must be somewhere. I just finished watching it. I highly recommend it. I just wondered if anyone had something to say about it.
(01-02-2016, 10:29 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 10:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Hell no. It was awesome.

How/where were you watching it?

Direct TV.... Here is Rotten Tomatoes revue. I've never seen them give anything a 100%....

[img][Image: e7fax2.jpg][/img]
Except for FX. God damn, that station has a lot of commercials. Super annoying. It would be nice to watch it without such excessive commercial activity.

We have Xfinity/Comcast so I checked the main HD cable box on the living room TV, I can watch all the episodes, any time. If you have cable, you should be able to do the same. Sounds like TV can chime in on the availability on Dish....
(01-02-2016, 11:28 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

We have Xfinity/Comcast so I checked the main HD cable box on the living room TV, I can watch all the episodes, any time. If you have cable, you should be able to do the same. Sounds like TV can chime in on the availability on Dish....

I have Directv, but I can't utilize their OnDemand because of limited internet capabilities.  I think you probably have your internet connected to your cable box, correct?
(01-02-2016, 08:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 06:55 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Is it supposed to be continued? Beats me but it's the only explanation why it ended the way it did.

I read somewhere that Fargo is considered a "Limited Season" series.  There is supposed to be a 3rd season.  But I don't understand this "limited season thing"  because it's supposed be that to be "limited season" you can't have any of the characters from the first season come back. That doesn't mean they couldn't follow the Solverson family or some member of Hanzee's family or relations come back.
(01-02-2016, 10:55 PM)Juniper Wrote: Except for FX.  God damn, that station has a lot of commercials. Super annoying. It would be nice to watch it without such excessive commercial activity.

We only watch it when it's been recorded.So commercials get fast forwarded. Which is true for almost everything I watch on TV.
(01-03-2016, 12:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 10:55 PM)Juniper Wrote: Except for FX.  God damn, that station has a lot of commercials. Super annoying. It would be nice to watch it without such excessive commercial activity.

We only watch it when it's been recorded.So commercials get fast forwarded. Which is true for almost everything I watch on TV.

Yeah, I don't own a DVR or any recording device.
(01-03-2016, 01:29 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-03-2016, 12:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yeah, I don't own a DVR or any recording device.

Well of course with Direct TV the DVR is built in. I don't really know what a DVR costs. I think DVD recorders are cheap?
Funny thing is that 20 years ago EVERYONE had a VHS and you could slam a tape in there and set a timer to record shows when you weren't home.
Now with all the technology I don't think as many people have that capability. Confused

Not true. The little girl in season 2 is Molly Solverson, the sheriff woman from season 1.  Season 2 follows the story of her dad who worked in the cafe and spoke of the time bodies were stacked as high as something or other during one of his investigations. But yes, you could watch each season independently and enjoy either one, but there is a connection.

Thoroughly enjoyed both seasons.
Well..... To me, season 2 was nowhere near as good as the first. I didn't find it as funny and none of these characters grabbed me and made me care about them one way or the other. 

You mentioned aliens? Well I didn't see any so I guess I'm too dumb to follow. Guessing the black guy and his group but I found the whole season to be a bit disjointed.