Not looking for a fight
(01-22-2016, 10:24 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 01:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 11:24 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 04:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 02:58 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Going back to Juniper's (Tia's) original post: I thought it was time for a refeshing reset and I think she made a good case for it.
I DO know the history.
I DO know that we have fewer members. 
I doubt any of us needed to be reminded. 
Perhaps (a long shot) a more civil tone here would foster the kind of thing Tia is suggesting and bring in fresh voices. 
Maybe not.
Trying would'nt hurt. 
 Now, I'm going to put my face back in a book. 

PS: For those who are undecided about reading THE WRIGHT BROTHERS I'd suggest giving it a look. I really enjoyed it. 

I said I think nothing has changed other than the amount of posters.

I spoke about Facebook. What did I get in return? A whatever and advice to read a book.

Maybe you are part of the problem? You constantly plead for the same thing year after year... this "civil tone"

I think you over estimate your snarky condescending attitude and think it is SO civil. And don't even realize what everyone else knows. You ALWAYS think you need to teach everyone else how to act.

As Ronnie said during the debate, "There you go again"! Jesus, Mary, and Joseeph! 

I was only attemtpting to support and endorse what Tia (Junitper) suggested. No more, no less. And it turned into the very thing she said she is tired of. Irony at it's best! 

I think I won't feel the need to exchange comments with you any longer if you conintue to harp about a thing that is not even a fact. In the past I've been guilty of attempting encourage a more civil tone here. I now fully underestand that you feel the need to include a few "fuck you's" in frequent posts, so I no longer comment about that. Derail all the topics you feel you need to. Rant and rave a bit. Make fun of more folks on CL. 
Mabye go back and read Tia's original post. 
You have been blessed with special insight. Enjoy it. It may not last. 

It's funny to me that it really sticks in your craw that I post funny , stupid or just odd Craigslist posts. Also are you sure you really know what Tia posted about? Because I'm not so sure what she was trying to say.

Yeah. Me either. Blink

Still dealing with that "obtuse thing"?  Big Grin
I thought you made a valid and clear point. "Enough fighting" (and all that entails) and let's have conversations about many other things that don't so often lead to outbursts of rancor and insults. 
Whatever.  Wink
I didn't think she said tHAT, just that SHE didn't want to fight, just converse.
(01-23-2016, 10:17 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I didn't think she said tHAT, just that SHE didn't want to fight, just converse.

So, just curious whey the "me either" comment. 
(01-23-2016, 10:23 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 10:17 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I didn't think she said tHAT, just that SHE didn't want to fight, just converse.

So, just curious whey the "me either" comment. 

obtuseness can be alluring. jennifer is cloaked in mystery.
(01-23-2016, 10:14 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 10:24 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 01:23 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 11:24 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-21-2016, 04:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: I said I think nothing has changed other than the amount of posters.

I spoke about Facebook. What did I get in return? A whatever and advice to read a book.

Maybe you are part of the problem? You constantly plead for the same thing year after year... this "civil tone"

I think you over estimate your snarky condescending attitude and think it is SO civil. And don't even realize what everyone else knows. You ALWAYS think you need to teach everyone else how to act.

As Ronnie said during the debate, "There you go again"! Jesus, Mary, and Joseeph! 

I was only attemtpting to support and endorse what Tia (Junitper) suggested. No more, no less. And it turned into the very thing she said she is tired of. Irony at it's best! 

I think I won't feel the need to exchange comments with you any longer if you conintue to harp about a thing that is not even a fact. In the past I've been guilty of attempting encourage a more civil tone here. I now fully underestand that you feel the need to include a few "fuck you's" in frequent posts, so I no longer comment about that. Derail all the topics you feel you need to. Rant and rave a bit. Make fun of more folks on CL. 
Mabye go back and read Tia's original post. 
You have been blessed with special insight. Enjoy it. It may not last. 

It's funny to me that it really sticks in your craw that I post funny , stupid or just odd Craigslist posts. Also are you sure you really know what Tia posted about? Because I'm not so sure what she was trying to say.

Yeah. Me either. Blink

Still dealing with that "obtuse thing"?  Big Grin
I thought you made a valid and clear point. "Enough fighting" (and all that entails) and let's have conversations about many other things that don't so often lead to outbursts of rancor and insults. 
Whatever.  Wink

Not Whatever Wonky.  Am I dealing with that obtuse thing? No I am being obtuse. You clearly lack any sense of humor other than that you cultivate. Stop taking everything so literally.  That's why you have such a problem with me. You can't just go with something. Maybe it's humor. Maybe it's just my sense of humor. Maybe it's humor you miss. So what. You don't get my humor. Your perceptions of me have all the flexibility of a straight jacket.  Move on. But no, if you can't see something it must be a flaw on the part of the author, right?

Correct. I think in this Round, BBQ got my meaning much more clearly than Wonky.  Proving my point that there's usually more than one way to look at and perceive something. Just because you don't does not mean it's my fault.
(01-23-2016, 04:53 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Correct. I think in this Round, BBQ got my meaning much more clearly than Wonky.  Proving my point that there's usually more than one way to look at and perceive something. Just because you don't does not mean it's my fault.

I read this somewhere.  "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

One more:  "I'm only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand."
(01-23-2016, 07:21 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:

I read this somewhere.  "I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you."

I like that! Big Grin  Though I think the second one might not be right in all instances.

But there ya go. The words we use DO convey meaning. That's why we have 'em. I enjoy humor, irony, satire, and whatever. And I know it when I see it. 
But enough already. "Not looking for a fight" turning into one.  Razz
(01-23-2016, 08:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

But there ya go. The words we use DO convey meaning. That's why we have 'em. I enjoy humor, irony, satire, and whatever. And I know it when I see it. 

Perhaps you can see that the highlighted statement is subjective, and not transferable to others.
(01-23-2016, 08:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Either that's a lie, or you're saying my humor stinks. Big Grin Laughing
I know Wonky, that subtlety defies you, (at least when in comes to me), so I will state, very simply, in more black and white terms what I meant in my OP.  What I meant was that in that moment, I came to forum to see what was up and the majority of posts listed under "New posts" were by those forum members; they are the "fightin' " type, (at least to my mind). I have no issues with those members personally, it was just at that moment I didn't feel like fighting, I wanted something else to discuss.  Now, should I have been thinking out loud like that? By your standards, perhaps not. Could it have been taken otherwise, or not at all? Well of course. By the time TV questions my motives, even I am questioning why I said that out loud.  But I've been here for years, and I feel comfy just sayin' shit when it comes to mind.  Ain't that grand?
(01-23-2016, 09:35 PM)Juniper Wrote: I know Wonky, that subtlety defies you, (at least when in comes to me), so I will state, very simply, in more black and white terms what I meant in my OP.  What I meant was that in that moment, I came to forum to see what was up and the majority of posts listed under "New posts" were by those forum members; they are the "fightin' " type, (at least to my mind). I have no issues with those members personally, it was just at that moment I didn't feel like fighting, I wanted something else to discuss.  Now, should I have been thinking out loud like that? By your standards, perhaps not. Could it have been taken otherwise, or not at all? Well of course. By the time TV questions my motives, even I am questioning why I said that out loud.  But I've been here for years, and I feel comfy just sayin' shit when it comes to mind.  Ain't that grand?

It is grand, but the truck delivering the dialog is stuck in the snow on the "turnpike." (whatever that is Rolling Eyes) We're hoping for the dialog by Thursday.  Razz
West Coaster Big Grin what's funny about turnpikes? We could use a few here!
(01-23-2016, 10:02 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 09:35 PM)Juniper Wrote: I know Wonky, that subtlety defies you, (at least when in comes to me), so I will state, very simply, in more black and white terms what I meant in my OP.  What I meant was that in that moment, I came to forum to see what was up and the majority of posts listed under "New posts" were by those forum members; they are the "fightin' " type, (at least to my mind). I have no issues with those members personally, it was just at that moment I didn't feel like fighting, I wanted something else to discuss.  Now, should I have been thinking out loud like that? By your standards, perhaps not. Could it have been taken otherwise, or not at all? Well of course. By the time TV questions my motives, even I am questioning why I said that out loud.  But I've been here for years, and I feel comfy just sayin' shit when it comes to mind.  Ain't that grand?

It is grand, but the truck delivering the dialog is stuck in the snow on the "turnpike." (whatever that is Rolling Eyes) We're hoping for the dialog by Thursday.  Razz

I'm looking for that Turnpike.
(01-23-2016, 10:09 PM)bbqboy Wrote: West Coaster Big Grin what's funny about turnpikes? We could use a few here!

The turnpikes I have driven on cost money. I grew up with FREEways and prefer to keep it like that. I don't like toll bridges either, but I understand pay to use as a funding mechanism for building roads. However, if all costs to build highways were funded exclusively that way, people would still be driving on gravel roads in rural parts of the country.  Smiling  
I grew up with the Kansas Turnpike, which predated the interstate system and is now part of it, so I'm used to it. There were actually forward thinking people there back then who saw the value of a hi speed route connecting KC with Oklahoma and Texas.
80 mph in the 50's! I remember my cousin Gene driving my Grandfather's 58 Chrysler Windsor with us cousins when I was a young one.
Paying the Bay Area bridge tolls sucks a lot worse than actually getting somewhere.

Well, now you're just looking for a fight..... Smiling
(01-24-2016, 10:17 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Different day, different attitude.   Wink
(01-24-2016, 10:17 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Only with Wonky.