Jack Swift - RIP
Swift.  Razz
(02-03-2016, 08:57 AM)partsguy Wrote:
(02-03-2016, 07:57 AM)chuck white Wrote: Last time I saw him, He was voicing support for the gravel pit in Sunny Valley.
Not well like around here.
I'm headed out the door with my dump truck this morning to haul rock......  where do you think the rock comes from that is put on the road you drive? Sidewalk you walk on, house you live in,store you shop in? Etc etc etc.  It's comes from a hole in the ground. Rock is one of the first things used in almost everything and when forced to drive long distance to get, or draconian regulations are put on to mine, who do you think pays for the high cost? Everone! !  People need to wise up, mining rock can never go away, but the price sure can go up and has and continues to do so.

OK, but do I get a cut of the profit?
This gravel pit takes value from me and my neighbors.
Value that was there when we bought our homes.
The zoning laws were such that the traffic would remain light, the air would remain clean and the water in the ground wouldn't be sucked dry.

Now I will see a truck every five minutes, trucks with uncovered loads of gravel to fall on the road and the dust from the gravel as it passes in front of my home.
The gravel pit also wants to suck more water out of the ground then everyone in Sunny Valley combined.

This is not just a temporary inconvenient, like the loggers. They want to operate for the next 20 years.
The value they get from the gravel, does not add up to the loss of value to those who live here.