17,188 Threads
(06-02-2016, 09:40 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 09:29 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 07:03 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 11:48 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 11:33 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I assume Ishtar was a terrible movie. 

Bianca Peters is hot.

Thumbs Up Yes, yes she is....I tune in to chan5 while getting ready for work, for my dose of Bianca and a cup a coffee to wake me up.

Hey cletus, where the hell is Bianca? I have not seen her on the morning news in weeks. She is still on the KOBI5 web site so I assume she is still employed there. Did she say anything about taking a sabbatical?
Well GPnative, I checked the website last week myself. I am a dedicated fan so I wanted to see if she was still at Channel 5. She posted on Twitter on May 30th from Chicago. It appears she was at a Cubs game.

Well, KOBI should do us fans a favor then and at least have a card board cut out of her in the frame with a countdown clock until her return. Wink
Agreed  Smiling
(06-02-2016, 09:36 AM) pid=\372498' Wrote:Hey Wonk, what do you mean the vegan will find you? I don't get it.

Because too often those kind of people HAVE to let everyone know they are a vegan because they are so F**KING proud or their superiority.Kind of the same with a lot of Christians... and Wonky.
Aw, I don't dislike anyone. We only chastise those we love.
His attempts to invoke his vision are just amusing now there's only 10 of us, after all.
I'd go out to lunch with him if he didn't always want to fight. Smiling
(06-02-2016, 10:41 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 07:56 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(04-02-2016, 08:51 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 11:48 PM)cletus1 Wrote: OK my friends, I fell bad about enjoying a post and not saying anything about the post. For example: I  Like TVguy's posts that are often interesting and or that give me a chuckle, but I don't say so. People like feed back. I will try to do better. I love conservative posters too. They motivate me. Without them, I only have my wife and my few liberal friends to talk to.  Sad

How do you find a vegan at a party? 
You don't have to, he or she will find you.  Big Grin

We come to this space all too often with arguments already formed and because there is no reasonable way to prevent the "honest to god nut jobs" from entering and flooding these pages with the vitriolic and ignorant posts, the place tends to get bogged down in the struggles of it's own making. 

Over the years there has been shouting and screaming about any attempt at moderating conversation here. Until we have some form of preventing the rabid opinionated posts that are too absurd to warrant responses, we will find the numbers here fall off. 

Civil posting and responses will be the life blood of this space, and when (if) that becomes the standard we might attract more who want to interact with us. 

Someone said here recently that they no longer wanted to engage in any kind of political exchanges. Really? I think this is a good place to voice those views, if only we could moderate our tone and attempt to express those views with reasonable dialog and without ugly slander and ignorant expressions of rebuttal. 

But history is, as always, instructive. We've been here before. CLete, I applaud your tone and hope for a "clean well lighted place" to engage with neighbors and friends we find on these pages. It would a real joy to log on here each day and engage in civil and reasonable dialog that informs, stimulates, amuses, (etc) so that we might share the diverse voices that post. 

I confess I'm not optomistic. I hope I'm wrong. 
I posted this in April and got ALL KINDS OF FLACK.
Know what?
I was reminded of it recently and looked again.
I think I'll stand by it. All of it.

(I've checked the batteries in my smoke alarm by the way)  Razz

I puked a little in my mouth once again the same shit from Wonky. I used to wonder how anyone could dislike him. It just took me longer to get sick to death of the way he talks down to people.

Ah, come on TVg...stop beating around the bush and just spit it out.  Razz

Note to Clete: About the Vegan finding you: Suggesting (not me, but someone) that they are kind of like Mormon missionaries...they have a truth they just MUST share with you.
(06-02-2016, 10:44 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 07:03 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(04-04-2016, 11:48 AM)GPnative Wrote: Thumbs Up Yes, yes she is....I tune in to chan5 while getting ready for work, for my dose of Bianca and a cup a coffee to wake me up.

Hey cletus, where the hell is Bianca? I have not seen her on the morning news in weeks. She is still on the KOBI5 web site so I assume she is still employed there. Did she say anything about taking a sabbatical?
Well GPnative, I checked the website last week myself. I am a dedicated fan so I wanted to see if she was still at Channel 5. She posted on Twitter on May 30th from Chicago. It appears she was at a Cubs game.

Well, KOBI should do us fans a favor then and at least have a card board cut out of her in the frame with a countdown clock until her return. Wink
Agreed  Smiling

OK, so the plot thickens....She is now no longer listed on the News Team link on the KOBI website!?

I think you should email the station and tell them inquiry minds want to know what the heck is going on Razz
[Image: 12106938_746837368761354_887751527837137...e=57D89102]
(06-06-2016, 12:24 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 07:03 AM)GPnative Wrote: Hey cletus, where the hell is Bianca? I have not seen her on the morning news in weeks. She is still on the KOBI5 web site so I assume she is still employed there. Did she say anything about taking a sabbatical?

Agreed  Smiling

OK, so the plot thickens....She is now no longer listed on the News Team link on the KOBI website!?

I think you should email the station and tell them inquiry minds want to know what the heck is going on Razz
(06-02-2016, 07:57 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Aw, I don't dislike anyone. We only chastise those we love.
His attempts to invoke his vision are just amusing now there's only 10 of us, after all.

BBQ makes a good point. Give it up, Wonky!  It's never going to happen and if it did, it wouldn't make a speck of difference. Smiling
We could all start being sweet as honey starting now, and the only difference it would make would be that those who remain would bail faster than a barn cat at a Klan gathering.
(06-06-2016, 07:20 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 07:57 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Aw, I don't dislike anyone. We only chastise those we love.

BBQ makes a good point. Give it up, Wonky!  It's never going to happen and if it did, it wouldn't make a speck of difference. Smiling
Thing is, I don't have a VISION. 
I've suggested changes in the general conduct of the place. Only my own single, simple, opinion and as we all know opinions aren't within a mile of facts. 
Give it up? From time to time I'll offer up opinions about conduct I think undermines the value of this space. You might want to just skip on by and not take it to heart. 
But there's gotta be a reason some good people who added interesting and intelligent posts here have left. I know for a fact they didn't ALL die!  Razz
(06-06-2016, 07:26 PM)Juniper Wrote: We could all start being sweet as honey starting now, and the only difference it would make would be that those who remain would bail faster than a barn cat at a Klan gathering.

What do barn cats have against the Klan?
(06-06-2016, 08:23 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 07:26 PM)Juniper Wrote: We could all start being sweet as honey starting now, and the only difference it would make would be that those who remain would bail faster than a barn cat at a Klan gathering.

Torches....hay.....dry wood....
(06-06-2016, 07:55 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 07:20 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Thing is, I don't have a VISION. 
I've suggested changes in the general conduct of the place. Only my own single, simple, opinion and as we all know opinions aren't within a mile of facts. 
Give it up? From time to time I'll offer up opinions about conduct I think undermines the value of this space. You might want to just skip on by and not take it to heart. 
But there's gotta be a reason some good people who added interesting and intelligent posts here have left. I know for a fact they didn't ALL die!  Razz

Why would I do that?
(06-06-2016, 09:16 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 08:23 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Torches....hay.....dry wood....

Well I'm from prime hillbilly stock (I used to whittle soap on the porch with my dad as a kid) and haven't heard that one....  Razz
(06-06-2016, 12:58 PM)tvguy Wrote: [Image: 12106938_746837368761354_887751527837137...e=57D89102]
(06-02-2016, 09:29 AM)cletus1 Wrote: Well GPnative, I checked the website last week myself. I am a dedicated fan so I wanted to see if she was still at Channel 5. She posted on Twitter on May 30th from Chicago. It appears she was at a Cubs game.

Agreed  Smiling

I see that they removed her photo from the KOBI website. I think she moved. I'm calling KOBI today.  Smiling
(06-07-2016, 07:53 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-06-2016, 12:58 PM)tvguy Wrote: [Image: 12106938_746837368761354_887751527837137...e=57D89102]
(06-02-2016, 09:40 AM)GPnative Wrote: Well, KOBI should do us fans a favor then and at least have a card board cut out of her in the frame with a countdown clock until her return. Wink
Agreed  Smiling

I see that they removed her photo from the KOBI website. I think she moved. I'm calling KOBI today.  Smiling

I scanned through some old tweets from her co-host and there was one a couple weeks ago that definitely seemed to suggest she was moving, or at least they would no longer be working together.
maybe she's replacing Kelly Ripa.
(06-07-2016, 08:31 AM)bbqboy Wrote: maybe she's replacing Kelly Ripa.

Maybe. I think the way it works is the good looking ones with charisma and a nice personality and good looking not ...fat!.
Yes I said good looking twice. Work here a while and soon get a call from the big city for more pay.
And that leaves us with the um, ugh... well the ones that aren't so much.
(06-07-2016, 07:53 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I see that they removed her photo from the KOBI website. I think she moved. I'm calling KOBI today.  Smiling

Be sure and tell them an entire local forum is unified and backing her return and they should provide her an employment offer she can't refuse*

*Leave out the part about it only having 10 active members and only 2 of which actually give a crap about her employment status Razz
(06-07-2016, 10:02 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 07:53 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I see that they removed her photo from the KOBI website. I think she moved. I'm calling KOBI today.  Smiling

Be sure and tell them an entire local forum is unified and backing her return and they should provide her an employment offer she can't refuse*

*Leave out the part about it only having 10 active members and only 2 of which actually give a crap about her employment status Razz

Or that has nothing to do with her talent or skills Big Grin