Who here has seen Yukon men
Yukon Men
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yukon Men
[Image: Yukon_Men_title_card.jpg]

Yukon Men is an unscripted[citation needed] American cable television series aired on the Discovery Channel. It is produced by Paper Route Productions and has premiered on August 24, 2012.[2]
The series details the lives of several inhabitants of the remote Alaskan village of Tanana which is situated by the Yukon River. These men make their living by fishing, hunting and trapping game as well as raising sled dogs and logging.[3][4]
The show's prominent themes are community and survival.

Why do I bring this up? because my grandson is in Tanana Alaska working for one of the men on the show. So if he stays I assume he will be on next years episode.
How far out is that Big Grin
(04-24-2016, 07:26 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yukon Men
Yukon Men

Yukon Men is an unscripted[citation needed] American cable television series aired on the Discovery Channel. It is produced by Paper Route Productions and has premiered on August 24, 2012.[2]
The series details the lives of several inhabitants of the remote Alaskan village of Tanana which is situated by the Yukon River. These men make their living by fishing, hunting and trapping game as well as raising sled dogs and logging.[3][4]

Why do I bring this up? because my grandson is in Tanana Alaska working for one of the men on the show. So if he stays I assume he will be on next years episode.

[Image: raf,750x1000,075,t,f89f2b:1617e563f0.jpg]
Yukon Men

My Dad watches it and my hubby has seen a few episodes.  Cool beans for your grandson... sounds like fun!
(04-24-2016, 07:56 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
Yukon Men

My Dad watches it and my hubby has seen a few episodes.  Cool beans for your grandson... sounds like fun!

We think it's great for him. He's 19. never had a job a car or drivers license. It's SO time for him to get some life experience.
And from what I've seen.. if he sticks it out, he will get a lot of experiences. Actually he already has.
(04-24-2016, 08:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Yukon Men

We think it's great for him. He's 19. never had a job a car or drivers license. It's SO time for him to get some life experience.
And from what I've seen.. if he sticks it out, he will get a lot of experiences. Actually he already has.

Grandson, 19, never had a job, car, or license....  Sounds like bad parenting by YOUR kid.
(04-24-2016, 08:40 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
Yukon Men

Grandson, 19, never had a job, car, or license....  Sounds like bad parenting by YOUR kid.
Bad parenting? I don't know the story in this case, but a lot of kids don't work or drive during high school. Some parents want their children concentrating on school. That's not bad parenting.

Posted via Tapatalk
Yukon Men

You have a grandson? That's pretty far out.
I'm still waiting for my son to knock up some babe.
Yukon Men

Well, that's cool.  Too bad I am sick to death of the "reality shows" that have drowned out all the cool documentaries and nature shows on television.
I don't know if this is the one I watched a few episodes of early on, or a different show with similar premise? Either way, I don't watch those types of shows much any more....but that's cool for your grandson.

My feelings on most reality aka "scripted situations" shows.....

[Image: fonzsharkjump-300x300.jpg]
(04-24-2016, 08:40 PM)Someones Dad Wrote:
Yukon Men

You could say that and it's true to a certain degree. On the other hand my parents were fine and I was 10 times worse than this kid.
My Grandson has never had one single problem with the police. He doesn't drink. He just missed too many school days so he wasn't allowed to get his license until he was 18.
He's an awesome young man.
(04-25-2016, 07:57 AM)Juniper Wrote:
Yukon Men

Well, that's cool.  Too bad I am sick to death of the "reality shows" that have drowned out all the cool documentaries and nature shows on television.
That's funny because Ive watched every nature show since the dawn of time until they are now boring and blur together because there is rarely anything new to see.
It's like shark week all year round.

This TV series shows how people live today who don't have all of the luxuries we have now. It's a HOW TO show if you are interested and I am and always was.
Without my wife and three kids I would have almost certainly gone to Alaska.
I think I'm a pretty well rounded guy as far as skills go but some of the people on that show are so capable of doing so many things . And work so hard that I look like a lazy fool compared to them LOL.

I'm not able to process how this ISN'T a "nature show"
(04-25-2016, 08:17 AM)GPnative Wrote: I don't know if this is the one I watched a few episodes of early on, or a different show with similar premise? Either way, I don't watch those types of shows much any more....but that's cool for your grandson.

My feelings on most reality aka "scripted situations" shows.....

[Image: fonzsharkjump-300x300.jpg]

I realize "reality" is a dirty word. IMO this show is more of a documentary.It's not Honey boo boo.

And I'm not talking about you but I find it amazing that most of the people who hate reality TV shows didn't have a problem with Happy days, CSI or any of the hundreds of other shows that are just the opposite of reality LOL.

It's like "the first 48". It's a TV show about REAL homicide detectives and shows exactly how they go about doing their job,

Versus several other shows like  CSI that are totally fantasy and have zero to to with how cops really work.

Basically It's all about what entertains people. For me I gravitate towards shows based on real life like Yukon men or many others.
So I find it kind of funny that people look at these shows and say "scripted" When most of them are LESS scripted Than any other shows we have ever had. Smiling
Hey TVGuy, have you watched "Alone"?
LOL I didn't start the thread to defend reality TV.

I like reality. I hate canned laughter and the total phony crap . I like to watch shows where I can actually learn something. To me that IS entertainment. Smiling
I rarely listen to music on the radio in my car. I flip around from station to station to hear people talk on different subjects. I'm just a nerd this way.
(04-25-2016, 11:02 AM)Someones Dad Wrote: Hey TVGuy, have you watched "Alone"?

Yes. It's definitely not one of my favorites. I watch it like I watch most TV. With my finger on the fast forward button. Big Grin It seems to be man against loneliness as much as man again survival. It is interesting to try and pick out who will make it and who will not.

There are a ton of survival shows now.
(04-25-2016, 11:05 AM)tvguy Wrote: LOL I didn't start the thread to defend reality TV.

I like reality. I hate canned laughter and the total phony crap . I like to watch shows where I can actually learn something. To me that IS entertainment. Smiling
I rarely listen to music on the radio in my car. I flip around from station to station to hear people talk on different subjects. I'm just a nerd this way.

Now I'm just the opposite, if my radio is on it better be playing music. If I hear people talking too long I start channel surfing to find more music. Morning radio really sucks!   Big Grin
(04-25-2016, 10:42 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 07:57 AM)Juniper Wrote:
Yukon Men

That's funny because Ive watched every nature show since the dawn of time until they are now boring and blur together because there is rarely anything new to see.
It's like shark week all year round.

This TV series shows how people live today who don't have all of the luxuries we have now. It's a HOW TO show if you are interested and I am and always was.
Without my wife and three kids I would have almost certainly gone to Alaska.
I think I'm a pretty well rounded guy as far as skills go but some of the people on that show are so capable of doing so many things . And work so hard that I look like a lazy fool compared to them LOL.

I'm not able to process how this ISN'T a "nature show"

Bad segue on part. I basically was just saying I don't care for most of the reality shows on TV and find them crowding out other kinds.  But that doesn't mean I wouldn't like this one. If I bump into it, I'll give it a spin. I like how to's even if I can't do. Smiling
(04-25-2016, 11:05 AM)tvguy Wrote: LOL I didn't start the thread to defend reality TV.

I only listen to NPR. If I don't like what I hear, I flip it off.
Yukon Men are a bunch of wusses.  Big Grin
(04-25-2016, 08:48 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I only listen to NPR. If I don't like what I hear, I flip it off.

Funny, I didn't take you for someone who would flip the bird to a radio program Big Grin