POGO, Trump, and maybe all of us
I happend upon this recently. 

Grist for the mill, maybe. Explains a lot about Trump, us (maybe) and lots and lots of our friends and neighbors. And ME. 

I got this from WIKI: And excerpt. 

The Dunning–Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which relatively unskilled persons suffer illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than it really is. Dunning and Kruger attributed this bias to a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their own ineptitude and evaluate their own ability accurately. Their research also suggests corollaries: highly skilled individuals may underestimate their relative competence and may erroneously assume that tasks which are easy for them are also easy for others.[1]

The bias was first experimentally observed by David Dunning and Justin Kruger of Cornell University in 1999. They postulated that the effect is the result of internal illusion in the unskilled, and external misperception in the skilled: "The miscalibration of the incompetent stems from an error about the self, whereas the miscalibration of the highly competent stems from an error about others."[1]
I'm waiting for Pogo to have his say!
(04-27-2016, 07:52 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I'm waiting for Pogo to have his say!

I guess I'm not "hip" to what Pogo is. I thought you meant the POGO.org Pogo until you said "his say."
High philosophy from back in the day. Pogo is the one with the fishing pole.

[Image: PogoPage197-1.jpg]
I knew who Pogo was but I still don't know what it had to do with Wonky's post.
(04-28-2016, 11:08 AM)tvguy Wrote: I knew who Pogo was but I still don't know what it had to do with Wonky's post.

Not so much his post. But, he mentioned Pogo in his title.
(04-28-2016, 05:06 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 11:08 AM)tvguy Wrote: I knew who Pogo was but I still don't know what it had to do with Wonky's post.

POGO is remembered for having said, "We have met the enemy. And he is us".
(04-28-2016, 07:53 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 05:06 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

POGO is remembered for having said, "We have met the enemy. And he is us".

That and "Algebra is a miracle"
[Image: algebra2.0.jpg]
I wonder what Maggie and Jiggs think about Trump. Maybe Alley Oop endorsing Cruz. The sunday funnies vote could sway the election.
(04-29-2016, 06:18 AM)bbqboy Wrote: I wonder what Maggie and Jiggs think about Trump. Maybe Alley Oop endorsing Cruz. The sunday funnies vote could sway the election.

Yep. We may well live to see the day when all printed media is graphic. Should solve my problem with spelling.  Sad