Senate Filabuster-Terrorists and Guns
(06-16-2016, 08:01 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 07:20 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 07:02 AM)GPnative Wrote: Orlando still would of happened even if these new amendments were already in place. Might as well call the amendments the "warm and fuzzy" because that is all it will bring, a false sense of security with warm and fuzzy feelings.

I said from the beginning that I doubted any new restrictions or checks would prevent a motivated terrorist. There are millions of guns in this country. Anyone that wants one can get one legally or illegally. 

The idea behind the vote IMO, is to finally begin a discussion on what might be done to prevent at least some of the nut cases from getting guns, especially military style assault rifles. You know the rest of the world thinks we are crazy for doing nothing, right?

Begin a discussion? This has been discussed since Brady took a bullet.

I decided to respond to this post again. You are correct "we" have discussed it before and we have done  nothing. Lately however, anything to do with tweaking gun laws never comes to a vote. This time it will be different because of the successful fillabuster and with Trump stuttering about talking to the NRA. 

I could have used a better phrase than "start a discussion." I will try go be more precise with my language.  Smiling
(06-16-2016, 10:32 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 09:29 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 07:02 AM)GPnative Wrote: Orlando still would of happened even if these new amendments were already in place. Might as well call the amendments the "warm and fuzzy" because that is all it will bring, a false sense of security with warm and fuzzy feelings.

I said from the beginning that I doubted any new restrictions or checks would prevent a motivated terrorist. There are millions of guns in this country. Anyone that wants one can get one legally or illegally. 

The idea behind the vote IMO, is to finally begin a discussion on what might be done to prevent at least some of the nut cases from getting guns, especially military style assault rifles. You know the rest of the world thinks we are crazy for doing nothing, right?

Define?
I have played that game with you way too many times before. So, I will say it is less about looks and more about firepower and leave it at that.

My 30-06 deer rifle has a LOT more power that an AR-15.  Which one do you want banned?

And my 7mm has a LOT more knockdown power than my 30-06, so I use it for elk.  That one HAS to go, right?

Maybe its the "brand name" that's scary?  my '06 is a Weatherby, and the 7mm is a Savage.  Does that matter?

Played this game too many times?  Well then just tell me WHAT gun needs banning, and why?
(06-16-2016, 10:49 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 07:20 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I said from the beginning that I doubted any new restrictions or checks would prevent a motivated terrorist. There are millions of guns in this country. Anyone that wants one can get one legally or illegally. 

Define?
I have played that game with you way too many times before. So, I will say it is less about looks and more about firepower and leave it at that.

My 30-06 deer rifle has a LOT more power that an AR-15.  Which one do you want banned?

And my 7mm has a LOT more knockdown power than my 30-06, so I use it for elk.  That one HAS to go, right?

Maybe its the "brand name" that's scary?  my '06 is a Weatherby, and the 7mm is a Savage.  Does that matter?

Played this game too many times?  Well then just tell me WHAT gun needs banning, and why?
When obozo was a senator he went along with some of the demokkkratics on banning military style attachments, which could be a scope. Now some states require a person to register an acog or cqb scope.
(06-16-2016, 10:49 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 07:20 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I said from the beginning that I doubted any new restrictions or checks would prevent a motivated terrorist. There are millions of guns in this country. Anyone that wants one can get one legally or illegally. 

Define?

This gun should be banned:

(06-16-2016, 09:23 AM)cletus1 Wrote:

It has gone nowhere since Brady got shot. 

I just flashed on an image of a terrorist dressed like an Arab going into a gun store and walking out with 2 assault rifles. God I wish I could draw.

Photoshop would even be better and you can learn that Smiling
NO ONE wants to take your guns.  Right Scrapper?  How many times have you screamed that at me?

NO ONE

http://thedailybanter.com/2016/06/yes-i-...your-guns/
(06-21-2016, 05:32 PM)Hugo Wrote: NO ONE wants to take your guns.  Right Scrapper?  How many times have you screamed that at me?

NO ONE

The Daily Banter? Really?  Laughing

But hey, get your sources where you can. The world in flat and Tom Friendman, a noted journalist and author said as much. 

Context? Well yeah...but still, he SAID it so it's a source.  Razz
(06-21-2016, 05:42 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 05:32 PM)Hugo Wrote: NO ONE wants to take your guns.  Right Scrapper?  How many times have you screamed that at me?

NO ONE

But hey, get your sources where you can. The world in flat and Tom Friendman, a noted journalist and author said as much. 

Wow.  You have an issue with Ben Cohen? Writing for the EXTREME LEFT BLOG?  I post from one of YOUR LEFTY SITES, and it's not good enough for you?  Did you even READ THE STUPID SHIT HE WROTE?  Or on you just pontificating out of ignorance?
(06-21-2016, 05:57 PM)Hugo Wrote:

NO ONE

Wow.  You have an issue with Ben Cohen? Writing for the EXTREME LEFT BLOG?  I post from one of YOUR LEFTY SITES, and it's not good enough for you?  Did you even READ THE STUPID SHIT HE WROTE?  Or on you just pontificating out of ignorance?

There are some REALLY "lefty" nut jobs out there! There are more guns in this country than people and anyone who seriously suggests we "take them away" is off his (or her) gourd. 
On the other hand, I'd be willing to embrace conversation about limiting SOME kinds of guns, as nearly as we can, hoping to at least stop some of the needless slaughter that has been going on. But, I seriously doubt it will ever happen. So why post this crap? No one anytime soon (or ever) is going to take your gun away from you. 

But, I gotta admit, it scares me a little that YOU might have a semi-automatic rifle with a large clip.  Sad

NO ONE

I'm not familiar with the author. I stopped reading after a couple paragraphs because it struck me as a rant with unrealistic demands. Didn't want to spend the time.
(06-21-2016, 06:07 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

NO ONE

There are some REALLY "lefty" nut jobs out there! There are more guns in this country than people and anyone who seriously suggests we "take them away" is off his (or her) gourd. 
On the other hand, I'd be willing to embrace conversation about limiting SOME kinds of guns, as nearly as we can, hoping to at least stop some of the needless slaughter that has been going on. But, I seriously doubt it will ever happen. So why post this crap? No one anytime soon (or ever) is going to take your gun away from you. 

But, I gotta admit, it scares me a little that YOU might have a semi-automatic rifle with a large clip.  Sad
Laughing  You crack me up.
(06-21-2016, 06:48 PM)Hugo Wrote:

NO ONE

Laughing  You crack me up.

Happy to be of service.

NO ONE

Clips?  They are called magazines.  If you are going to talk guns at least try to sound like you know what you are talking about.....
(06-22-2016, 06:36 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:

NO ONE

Clips?  They are called magazines.  If you are going to talk guns at least try to sound like you know what you are talking about.....

If they are called magazines, than what is a 'clip?
(06-22-2016, 08:24 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 05:42 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: The Daily Banter? Really?  Laughing

[Image: Magazine-Clip-Featured.jpg]
(06-22-2016, 08:38 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 05:57 PM)Hugo Wrote: Wow.  You have an issue with Ben Cohen? Writing for the EXTREME LEFT BLOG?  I post from one of YOUR LEFTY SITES, and it's not good enough for you?  Did you even READ THE STUPID SHIT HE WROTE?  Or on you just pontificating out of ignorance?

So. the clip allows a faster reload of the magazine.
scary to think that if he had a large clip, he must have a large magazine to go with it.
Bad enough that he could empty a large magazine, but to reload quickly is scary.

Surprised
(06-22-2016, 09:01 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(06-22-2016, 08:38 AM)SFLiberal Wrote:
(06-21-2016, 06:07 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: There are some REALLY "lefty" nut jobs out there! There are more guns in this country than people and anyone who seriously suggests we "take them away" is off his (or her) gourd. 

So. the clip allows a faster reload of the magazine.
scary to think that if he had a large clip, he must have a large magazine to go with it.
Bad enough that he could empty a large magazine, but to reload quickly is scary.

Surprised
No Chuck you are all wrong unless you are joking and you probably are.

Clip magazine tomato tomato no one gives a shit but gun nuts trying to prove how smart they are and how dumb someone else is.

A clip if for a rifle that takes clips. A magazine is for a rifle that takes a magazine. I've heard people call magazines clips my whole life. It's never bothered me.

NO ONE

Oh... Blah, Blah, Blah!   Rolling Eyes