A Pun a day
(07-17-2016, 11:34 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 09:54 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 09:29 PM)GPnative Wrote: The PC police changed the definition of racism. Of course still perfectly OK to make jokes about crackers and honkies though.

No it's not. If you believe that it shows how you've allowed yourself to stagnate with views from a time gone by. It doesn't surprise me if you've spent most of your years in the Rogue Valley. I don't mean that as a dig, you just aren't exposed to much of any other cultures in Oregon, especially down there. 

BTW, when was the last time you heard a cracker or honky joke?  Laughing
Anywhere north of southern Oregon isn't any different. Portland is one of the whitest city's in the country. If you mean you get more culture further north you mean the homeless and drug addicts are different there than here? Of course if you go to Gresham you get culture and diversity, the same type as east Los Angeles and Compton. Why don't any of you "diversity" loving social justice warriors like west Medford? There is more culture and diversity there than any other area south of Eugene. Bloods, crops, surenos, nortenos, isn't that culture and diversity? Just ask Tia it's all there.

Yes, but I've never said I didn't like it.  I just don't like the tweekers.
Exactly. Better than being with the country club set on the East Side.
(07-17-2016, 09:29 PM)GPnative Wrote: The PC police changed the definition of racism. Of course still perfectly OK to make jokes about crackers and honkies though.

No it's not. If you believe that it shows how you've allowed yourself to stagnate with views from a time gone by. It doesn't surprise me if you've spent most of your years in the Rogue Valley. I don't mean that as a dig, you just aren't exposed to much of any other cultures in Oregon, especially down there. 

Hmmm, I could list all the places I have spent time/lived or just say to hell with it and let you think because of my user name I am a sheltered uncultured rogue valleian honky.
What happend to the pun today?

How about:

To reduce the numbers of hours people waste watching award shows, many governments are imposing Oscarity measures.
(07-18-2016, 07:56 AM)GPnative Wrote:

No it's not. If you believe that it shows how you've allowed yourself to stagnate with views from a time gone by. Snip....

Hmmm, I could list all the places I have spent time/lived or just say to hell with it and let you think because of my user name I am a sheltered uncultured rogue valleian honky.

No need to list. I thought about qualifying my statement as I don't REALLY know you and have seen signs you've been out of the valley.  Big Grin I'll stand by the first two sentences.  Razz
(07-18-2016, 09:44 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-18-2016, 07:56 AM)GPnative Wrote:

No it's not. If you believe that it shows how you've allowed yourself to stagnate with views from a time gone by. Snip....

No need to list. I thought about qualifying my statement as I don't REALLY know you and have seen signs you've been out of the valley.  Big Grin I'll stand by the first two sentences.  Razz

What we need HERE is a highway sign about honky's or crackers that is a PUN.
67 posts and 11 are puns. A new record? Laughing
[Image: 578c3cca2983b870f42ca7b46390173a.jpg]
(07-17-2016, 08:23 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 08:16 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 02:43 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 01:01 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 12:34 PM)Juniper Wrote: OL loves racists stuff.

More proof of you guys and that mental disorder.

I wasn't really offended by that particular picture.

Are you Asian?
Is that a prerequisite?  You make a good point though.

Is it? just because an Asian might thing the meme was offensive STILL doesn't mean it's racist.
(07-17-2016, 08:43 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 02:17 PM)Hugo Wrote: Remember when Blazing Saddles showed us all the absurdity of racism through humor?  Isn't it a sad world, knowing that movie could NEVER be made now, because of people like Valuesize and their "enlightened" PC bullshit?

There is nothing I can say to make you understand if you think it absurd. You can either join us with eyes wide open into a better future or keep your blinders on and "good old boys" racists "humor." 

You say enlightened as if it is a bad thing. I went through much of my life thinking like you. (minus the all Muslims are bad)  Smiling  I'm glad I've been blessed with friends of many different nationalities that thankfully taught me to see these seemingly simple humor from another viewpoint.

And since you have trouble understanding, I should point out that if it was JUST this little bit of off color humor it would probably deserve a pass, but when added to every other slight many non-whites deal with every day, it no longer gets one.

I guess you've never seen Blazing saddles and Hugo made a valid point.
(07-18-2016, 10:24 AM)Valuesize Wrote: [Image: 578c3cca2983b870f42ca7b46390173a.jpg]

Laughing Back on track!

Sidebar: Is the English language a bitch, or what? 
For instance, that "how much you MEAN to me..."
Glad I was born here and did not have to learn English as an adult!

So often ON THIS SPACE context MEANS everything! And sometimes it's downright mean!

mean trickunkindnasty, unpleasant, spiteful, malicious, unfair, cruel, shabby, foul, despicable, contemptible, obnoxious, vile, odious, loathsome, base, low; informal horrible, horrid, hateful, rotten, lowdown; beastly. ANTONYMS kind.
[Image: 5a9e066b711492fdec78c0a289a38229.jpg]

Posted via Tapatalk
(07-18-2016, 11:37 AM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: 5a9e066b711492fdec78c0a289a38229.jpg]

Posted via Tapatalk

Would someone, Please, post to Scrapper and let her know this is funny as hell! 

(She goes all ballistic if she see's my avatar come up).
[Image: th?id=OIP.M259a0b572e3107726626470022b8b...=300&h=300]
(07-18-2016, 10:32 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-17-2016, 02:17 PM)Hugo Wrote: Remember when Blazing Saddles showed us all the absurdity of racism through humor?  Isn't it a sad world, knowing that movie could NEVER be made now, because of people like Valuesize and their "enlightened" PC bullshit?

There is nothing I can say to make you understand if you think it absurd. You can either join us with eyes wide open into a better future or keep your blinders on and "good old boys" racists "humor." 

You say enlightened as if it is a bad thing. I went through much of my life thinking like you. (minus the all Muslims are bad)  Smiling  I'm glad I've been blessed with friends of many different nationalities that thankfully taught me to see these seemingly simple humor from another viewpoint.

And since you have trouble understanding, I should point out that if it was JUST this little bit of off color humor it would probably deserve a pass, but when added to every other slight many non-whites deal with every day, it no longer gets one.

Is it possible any active member on this forum hasn't seen Blazing Saddles?
(07-18-2016, 08:31 PM)Juniper Wrote: Is it possible any active member on this forum hasn't seen Blazing Saddles?

No, and it makes my point that "most" here are stuck in the past. Whether it's movies, music, food, probably clothes and even the shoes they wear. Dang those Wallabee's are getting hard to find!  Laughing
(07-18-2016, 08:31 PM)Juniper Wrote:

A "must see".

I saw it... Late 70's, I believe. I was maybe 15-20 years old.

Posted via Tapatalk
(07-18-2016, 08:40 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

I saw it... Late 70's, I believe.  I was maybe 15-20 years old.

Posted via Tapatalk

Saw it? I thought you were IN it, singing "I'm tired".  Razz
What's a Wallabee?