Hugo, Me, and the wide world of the RVF
(06-28-2016, 02:40 PM)tvguy Wrote: ......e.

You have said this 86 MILLION times "My hope is we might be able to somehow resolve the insulting, hateful, threatening, posts and find a way to express ourselves in the way we would if we were in a face to face social setting"

You have said this 114 MILLION times...."This place is struggling as is, and I think a trend toward mosty rantng will kill it. "

I love ya man but you can be and you one stuck record on this subject of the way YOU wish the forum would be.

A little fact checking, it was only 113.6 million.
(06-28-2016, 08:32 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Hugo tells us he is a nice guy, but when he posts on the forum his "goal" is to stir up the stuff and cause as many negative reactions as possible. Or something to that effect. I'm not sure i really understand what he means of what he hopes to accomplish. 

Okay.

I don't know Hugo well, but we have spent a bit of time together at the "outings" of this group, and we once shared a local motorcycle ride. When I've been with him in person, he has always been pleasant, a good sense of humor, and I enjoyed his company and interacting with him. 

So I don't understand this Jeckyll/Hyde thing.

But, looking back we have always expressed more hostile and sometimes hateful comments here than I think we would have done in face to face situations. I've described this as "hiding behind the skirts" this space that allows us in not having to defend these kinds of comments in "real life" when we would have to face the possiblity of a ending up with a fat lip. 

My hope is we might be able to somehow resolve the insulting, hateful, threatening, posts and find a way to express ourselves in the way we would if we were in a face to face social setting. Nothing wrong with differing opinions and views, but some of this stuff is over the top. 

"cause this crap could (and is) gettig out of hand. I'm hoing Hugo is not serious and won't follow through with what he has suggested. 

This place is struggling as is, and I think a trend toward mosty rantng will kill it. 

Hugo, I hope you will reconsider. The only other option is to ignore you, and because my guess is that wont' happen things will "go south". 

Hope not.

Fuck off. Big Grin Smiling Wink
(06-28-2016, 08:07 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 07:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 06:32 PM)pid=\373785 Wrote:
Hugo...Ain't that the truth?  Wonky, YOU are way "over the line" by suggesting, ONLINE, to Homeland Security, that I am a threat.  You are an old, bitter Union Leftist, barely clinging to life.  I wish you would fade away into the sunset, gracefully.

Suggested to homeland security?

And you chose "old" as the beginning of your insults? Was your Father old?

Barley clinging to life?  I hope and doubt that's true but he seems to be a lot happier with life then you ever will be.
And no don't feed me the same BS that you only "push buttons and NO ONE knows anything about you.

He will turn 80 in January.  We just finished painting one of his duplex rentals this past weekend.  He was up on the roof painting trim right along with me.  I still have a living grandmother as well.  I will likely outlive you, and SURELY outlive Wonky.

Have GREAT day, short timer!
The point was you used "old" as an insult. Don't be to sure you will outlive me. I have a brother the same age as your father and he still works driving a truck. Smiling
(06-28-2016, 10:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:
Hugo...Ain't that the truth?  Wonky, YOU are way "over the line" by suggesting, ONLINE, to Homeland Security, that I am a threat.  You are an old, bitter Union Leftist, barely clinging to life.  I wish you would fade away into the sunset, gracefully.

Barley clinging to life?  I hope and doubt that's true but he seems to be a lot happier with life then you ever will be.
And no don't feed me the same BS that you only "push buttons and NO ONE knows anything about you.

He will turn 80 in January.  We just finished painting one of his duplex rentals this past weekend.  He was up on the roof painting trim right along with me.  I still have a living grandmother as well.  I will likely outlive you, and SURELY outlive Wonky.

The point was you used "old" as an insult. Don't be to sure you will outlive me. I have a brother the same age as your father and he still works driving a truck. Smiling

Well that settles it, sounds like we need to have a "tell us when you croak" thread Wink
(06-29-2016, 06:39 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Well that settles it, sounds like we need to have a "tell us when you croak" thread Wink

The point is 80 isn't anything to brag about anymore. My dad is 15 years older then that and still moving his fishing boat and trailer around the yard by hand.
(06-29-2016, 05:14 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 07:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Suggested to homeland security?

The point is 80 isn't anything to brag about anymore. My dad is 15 years older then that and still moving his fishing boat and trailer around the yard by hand.
Age is only one consideration in how the years effect our lives, right? Disease and other factors have a lot to do with not only how long we last, but the quaility of life we enjoy...or don't. 

My comments here are not so different than what I might have made 50 years ago. 

And thinking about comments: I was wondering recently how a journalist from our local paper might respond if tasked with following the RVF and going back and looking at the history of our exchanges to write a feature article about the "People of our Valley". 

My guess is that "feature article" might be the stuff of ridicule and laughter. 

But TVg would "set 'em straight"!  All is well at the good 'ol RFV.  Laughing
(06-30-2016, 09:01 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 08:07 PM)Hugo Wrote: He will turn 80 in January.  We just finished painting one of his duplex rentals this past weekend.  He was up on the roof painting trim right along with me.  I still have a living grandmother as well.  I will likely outlive you, and SURELY outlive Wonky.

Age is only one consideration in how the years effect our lives, right? Disease and other factors have a lot to do with not only how long we last, but the quaility of life we enjoy...or don't. 

And thinking about comments: I was wondering recently how a journalist from our local paper might respond if tasked with following the RVF and going back and looking at the history of our exchanges to write a feature article about the "People of our Valley". 

I doubt that's true at all and I'm positive you don't really know.
Do you think 50 years ago you would have been the forum Nanny who can't stop himself from admonishing the posters for their "behavior'?

You are doing it right now. Just in another way with your "I was wondering recently" comment
Boy, my outlook is both different and the same. I still believe in my ideas and ideals from 50 years ago,
But any expectations I ever had about real life change were long ago quashed.
And yes I know, there is change, but it never seems to be in our favor.
(06-30-2016, 11:53 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 10:21 PM)tvguy Wrote: The point was you used "old" as an insult. Don't be to sure you will outlive me. I have a brother the same age as your father and he still works driving a truck. Smiling

Do you think 50 years ago you would have been the forum Nanny who can't stop himself from admonishing the posters for their "behavior'?

You are doing it right now. Just in another way with your "I was wondering recently" comment

Laughing Your "nanny" comments are about as "nanny" as they get. Just pay attention, read and learn. As BBQ says, change happens and some of it is a "loss". True enough. But time can bring with it wisdom if one is attentive and open. Remember Prospero, a member now long gone who could no longer tolerate the ranting here? He was wise, well read, and often mentioned his need to gain even more insight. I hope he might return.
(06-30-2016, 02:10 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 06:39 AM)GPnative Wrote: Well that settles it, sounds like we need to have a "tell us when you croak" thread Wink

Laughing Your "nanny" comments are about as "nanny" as they get. Just pay attention, read and learn. As BBQ says, change happens and some of it is a "loss". True enough. But time can bring with it wisdom if one is attentive and open. Remember Prospero, a member now long gone who could no longer tolerate the ranting here? He was wise, well read, and often mentioned his need to gain even more insight. I hope he might return.

So you remember a guy who complained and left because the ranting here. That's why you have said so Often.,
Or snidely implied like above that we must change our behavior?

We could start yo a gofundne account and you could hire a private detective to find Prospero. Razz
(06-30-2016, 04:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 02:10 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 05:14 PM)Cuzz Wrote: The point is 80 isn't anything to brag about anymore. My dad is 15 years older then that and still moving his fishing boat and trailer around the yard by hand.

So you remember a guy who complained and left because the ranting here. That's why you have said so Often.,
Or snidely implied like above that we must change our behavior?

We could start yo a gofundne account and you could hire a private detective to find Prospero. Razz
I did. 
In April of this year he hired a private eye to watch your place. He feels certain that someday all that junk is going to blow sky high and he doesn't want to be anywhere near it. Says he hopes the dogs are sleeping "out back". 
No...he doesn't miss the Fourm. He interacts with real live people now, face to face and say's no one lets fly with a "fuck you"...ever.