Terrorist Attack in Istanbul Turkey
I thought someone might have posted something about the Turkey terror attacks already, but no one has, so here is a thread if any wants to say something. I guess some of us have become numb to these deadly attacks. I know I don't find them shocking anymore. And what is left to discuss about these that we have not already discussed to death?

At last count there were 41 dead and 239 injured. I can certainly see how many people are frustrated by the lack of a coordinated response by Muslim countries in the Middle East. 

Does anyone remember the frustration of American soldiers in Vietnam? Not being able to distinguish friend from foe prompted soldiers to say things like "kill them all and let God sort them out." The attitude toward Vietnamese people in general was distrust. I see similarities between the anti Muslim rhetoric of today and the anti Vietnamese feelings of 50 years ago. 

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/istanbu...ck-n600896
(06-29-2016, 05:53 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I thought someone might have posted something about the Turkey terror attacks already, but no one has, so here is a thread if any wants to say something. I guess some of us have become numb to these deadly attacks. I know I don't find them shocking anymore. And what is left to discuss about these that we have not already discussed to death?

At last count there were 41 dead and 239 injured. I can certainly see how many people are frustrated by the lack of a coordinated response by Muslim countries in the Middle East. 

Does anyone remember the frustration of American soldiers in Vietnam? Not being able to distinguish friend from foe prompted soldiers to say things like "kill them all and let God sort them out." The attitude toward Vietnamese people in general was distrust. I see similarities between the anti Muslim rhetoric of today and the anti Vietnamese feelings of 50 years ago. 

I heard Bill Mahar say "Is it really a phobia if the danger is real?" (paraphrasing)  "When 51% of American Muslims think being gay should be illegal, isn't fear and mistrust warranted?"

I don't have the link here.
(06-29-2016, 06:24 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 05:53 AM)cletus1 Wrote: I thought someone might have posted something about the Turkey terror attacks already, but no one has, so here is a thread if any wants to say something. I guess some of us have become numb to these deadly attacks. I know I don't find them shocking anymore. And what is left to discuss about these that we have not already discussed to death?

I heard Bill Mahar say "Is it really a phobia if the danger is real?" (paraphrasing)  "When 51% of American Muslims think being gay should be illegal, isn't fear and mistrust warranted?"

I am in agreement with Bill Maher and Sam Harris more or less. I think Ben Affleck was trying so hard not to be a bigot that he was afraid to condem some of hate coming from the Muslims. In so many countries, Muslims treat women like second class citizens and gays like criminals. 

You won't find me defending Islam. I think far too many Muslims would take us back to the dark ages if they could. Here is that now famous video. 

I think the biggest difference between my criticism of Islam and criticism coming from people of other faiths is that I am not comparing my religion to theirs. Even far right Republicans that aren't particularly religious get caught up comparing Muslims to Christians using radicalized Muslims to make their point. 

Here is what Sam Harris says in his book The End of Faith about Islam in particular and religion in general. 

"As I have said, people of faith tend to argue that it is not faith itself but man's baser nature that inspires such violence. But I take it to be self evident that ordinary people cannot be moved to burn genial old scholars for blaspheming the Koran, or celebrate the violent deaths of their children unless they believe some improbable things about the nature of the universe."
These nuts don't care.
(06-29-2016, 06:24 AM)Someones Dad Wrote:

Comparing Muslims who think being gay should be illegal to Muslims that want to kill us is obviously two different things.
BTW comparing one religion who has 51% who wants being gay illegal to another religion who thinks it's a sin are also different but not so much.
BTW Bill Mahar is an arrogant piece of shit.
One of the advantages of not having cable.
51% of American Muslims think being gay should be illegal, but it's OK to fuck goats and sheep. (Sorry, no pigs).
(06-29-2016, 01:22 PM)chuck white Wrote: 51% of American Muslims think being gay should be illegal, but it's OK to fuck goats and sheep. (Sorry, no pigs).

I know you are trying to be funny but that sounds SO much like the inbred dumbass ignorant Trump lovers that it's not funny.
I need to get off of facebook.
(06-29-2016, 01:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 01:22 PM)chuck white Wrote: 51% of American Muslims think being gay should be illegal, but it's OK to fuck goats and sheep. (Sorry, no pigs).

I know you are trying to be funny but that sounds SO much like the inbred dumbass ignorant Trump lovers that it's not funny.

He was trying to be funny, but he is also right.  But forgot to mention they also like Bacha Bazi's.

Personally, I think all sex should be outlawed.
It makes it more exciting.
Smiling
(06-29-2016, 02:33 PM)SFLiberal Wrote:

He was trying to be funny, but he is also right.  But forgot to mention they also like Bacha Bazi's.

You are a moron if you actually believe that.
(06-29-2016, 03:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 02:33 PM)SFLiberal Wrote:

You are a moron if you actually believe that.

Well TVguy, it is very common in Afghanistan. These Muslims are forbidden women so they get boys,  dress them up like women and molest the shit out of them. They are fucking animals. Many Muslims in Afghanistan participate in this culture of pedafila. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...laves.html
Bet you still want to defend their peace loving and intolerant lifestyle.
(06-29-2016, 08:59 PM)charger Wrote: Bet you still want to defend their peace loving and intolerant lifestyle.

What the fuck are you yammering about? Where have I defended their lifestyle.
If you are a liberal you support them and their lifestyle. You vote for those those that HELP them. And you are a lib. So what the fuck are you yammering about? You libs are hell bent on voting in the very people that are the most incapable of dealing with the threat because they have taken millions of dollars from them. Corrupt to the bone. If ya look REALLY hard ya might find it on the other side. Doubtful.
(06-29-2016, 09:17 PM)charger Wrote: If you are a liberal you support them and their lifestyle. You vote for those those that HELP them. And you are a lib. So what the fuck are you yammering about? You libs are hell bent on voting in the very people that are the most incapable of dealing with the threat because they have taken millions of dollars from them. Corrupt to the bone. If ya look REALLY hard ya might find it on the other side. Doubtful.
You're showing your ignorance.

Guess what... I have guns! I have an AR-15! It's my right as an American to bear arms... an American that is a Liberal leaning Democrat.

Trying to pigeon hole people to suit your agenda makes you an ignoramus.

Posted via Tapatalk
Ignorance? Never mentioned a firearm. Glad you have the means to defend yourself and loved ones, and hope the training to go with it.
(06-29-2016, 09:17 PM)charger Wrote: If you are a liberal you support them and their lifestyle. You vote for those those that HELP them. And you are a lib. So what the fuck are you yammering about? You libs are hell bent on voting in the very people that are the most incapable of dealing with the threat because they have taken millions of dollars from them. Corrupt to the bone. If ya look REALLY hard ya might find it on the other side. Doubtful.

You are an idiot. I doubt you have said anything insightful since you started posting here. Your participation in discussions is mostly you telling people what they think. That says plenty about you. 

Your definition of a liberal was obviously pulled out of your ass. I find it incredulous that a moron like you and likely Trump supporter feels superior to others just because he votes Republican.