6500 Illegal Marijuana Plants Seized
Many of those plants are budding and it's not even July.

6,500 plants worth $9 million seized from illegal Yamhill County pot operation

[Image: 20667790-mmmain.jpg]
Authorities seized over 6,500 plants with a value of over $9 million during Tuesday's operation. (Yamhill County Sheriff's Office)

By Francesca Fontana | The Oregonian/OregonLive 

on June 29, 2016 at 11:13 AM, updated June 29, 2016 at 6:32 PM

A two-month investigation into an illegal marijuana growing operation in rural Yamhill County resulted in an arrest and the seizure of millions of dollars worth of pot early Tuesday, authorities said.

The operation was found in Dayton on wetlands near the Willamette River and was part of a Mexican drug trafficking organization, the Yamhill County Sheriff's Office said in a news release Wednesday morning. 

The Yamhill County Interagency Narcotics Team, along with other local agencies, seized over 6,500 plants worth more than $9 million. Oregon State Police SWAT was called on to provide protection for the agencies during the seizure.

Authorities arrested Manuel Madrigal, 42, after officers found him camping out in the gardens in a living area - "complete with a kitchen" - hidden underneath a tarp. Madrigal has a San Antonio, Texas, address and a history of previous drug arrests. He now faces federal drug trafficking charges and was transferred to U.S. Marshal custody in Portland, authorities said.

This site was the first large-scale operation found in the county in several years.

Sheriff Tim Svenson said in the release that even though marijuana is legal in certain quantities in Oregon, authorities must remain diligent as there "is still a profit to be made in marijuana by these illegal organizations."

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-northw...t_235.html
Good, they still need to crack down on grows of this nature. 6,500 plants, holy crap.
(06-30-2016, 07:50 AM)GPnative Wrote: Good, they still need to crack down on grows of this nature. 6,500 plants, holy crap.

I agree. It is reported to be a Mexican drug cartel operation so I won't be stressing over it. 

Did you read any of the comments from the oregonlive site? Comments are all over the place. Some people were suggesting that the cops should do nothing about these grows because weed is legal in Oregon.
(06-30-2016, 08:13 AM)cletus1 Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 07:50 AM)GPnative Wrote: Good, they still need to crack down on grows of this nature. 6,500 plants, holy crap.

I agree. It is reported to be a Mexican drug cartel operation so I won't be stressing over it. 

Did you read any of the comments from the oregonlive site? Comments are all over the place. Some people were suggesting that the cops should do nothing about these grows because weed is legal in Oregon.

This is a fine example of government sponsored price support. How are the small mom and pop operation going to compete with large supplies on the market.

The Mexican drug cartel should grow in their own country.

(I hope they auction off the plants)
Get prepared, the government is actively creating a cbd rich no thc plant for medical purposes called epidiolex. They have done actual real medical studies with it and the results are great, but it will be administered through some sort of program like the rest of the prescriptions. Then the developer will be able to patent it and really screw over the private industry for real medicinal purposes.

I didn't read any comments, but I can't imagine who would actually be in support of a cartel grow. They have zero respect for the land/resources and will leave the area trashed and ecologically damaged while robbing the area of valuable water resources.
(06-30-2016, 09:56 AM)GPnative Wrote:

I didn't read any comments, but I can't imagine who would actually be in support of a cartel grow. They have zero respect for the land/resources and will leave the area trashed and ecologically damaged while robbing the area of valuable water resources.
You NAILED it!
(06-30-2016, 09:45 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: Get prepared, the government is actively creating a cbd rich no thc plant for medical purposes called epidiolex. They have done actual real medical studies with it and the results are great, but it will be administered through some sort of program like the rest of the prescriptions. Then the developer will be able to patent it and really screw over the private industry for real medicinal purposes.

Yes BUT, think about all the verities for the recreational market. A name like 'Epidolex' can't compete with names like 'Diesel' and 'Jeagur skunk' or the old "Komshe Killer"
(06-30-2016, 03:59 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 09:45 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: Get prepared, the government is actively creating a cbd rich no thc plant for medical purposes called epidiolex. They have done actual real medical studies with it and the results are great, but it will be administered through some sort of program like the rest of the prescriptions. Then the developer will be able to patent it and really screw over the private industry for real medicinal purposes.

Yes BUT, think about all the verities for the recreational market. A name like 'Epidolex' can't compete with names like 'Diesel' and 'Jeagur skunk' or the old "Komshe Killer"
I miss "Dime Bag"  Sad 
(Or would if I still smoked)