Priorities are where you find them.
JoCo is in need of lots of services. Cops would help. More firefighters? A litte help for working folks who can't find a job? 

But, no...

Grants Pass Daily Courier

GRANTS PASS — Evergreen Federal Bank will pay $250,000 to help install artificial turf in the center of the track at Russ Werner Field at Grants Pass High School in exchange for naming rights.
(06-30-2016, 02:56 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: JoCo is in need of lots of services. Cops would help. More firefighters? A litte help for working folks who can't find a job? 

But, no...

GRANTS PASS — Evergreen Federal Bank will pay $250,000 to help install artificial turf in the center of the track at Russ Werner Field at Grants Pass High School in exchange for naming rights.

I'm assuming the bank thinks the advertising they will get will help with what I see is a generous donation for a good cause.

Yes there are other places where money could be used that have a higher priority. But if that was the only thing to go by things like this turf track would NEVER get help.
(06-30-2016, 03:37 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 02:56 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: JoCo is in need of lots of services. Cops would help. More firefighters? A litte help for working folks who can't find a job? 

But, no...

I'm assuming the bank thinks the advertising they will get will help with what I see is a generous donation for a good cause.

It is a good cause. But JoCo has GREAT CAUSE needs. The bank could be a good corporate citizen and pay some cops that might have an Evergreen Federal Bank patch on the uniform. 
Whatever. I guess artificial turf is SO much better than playing in the dirt.
(06-30-2016, 03:43 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

But, no...

It is a good cause. But JoCo has GREAT CAUSE needs. The bank could be a good corporate citizen and pay some cops that might have an Evergreen Federal Bank patch on the uniform. 

Isn't that part getting the turf a football field among other things? Who plays foot ball in the dirt?

The bank could be a good corporate citizen and pay some cops that might have an Evergreen Federal Bank patch on the uniform.

That would probably be a first. Smiling
(06-30-2016, 03:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:

But, no...

Isn't that part getting the turf a football field among other things? Who plays foot ball in the dirt?

The bank could be a good corporate citizen and pay some cops that might have an Evergreen Federal Bank patch on the uniform.

Yeah, it's never gonna happen. 
My response was goofy, I'll admit, but with JoCo in such dire straights (Hold it...that was a rock group) it just seems that 250 Large is a lot for the middle of a track field. 
But...better to have them "on the field" rather than on the streets. 
JoCo is good country. I wish them the best in finding sources to fund the services they need. Maybe the clouds will open and flood them with O&C money. 
We shouldn't hold our breaths. 
We can hope.
In all fairness, I don't think it's the city of GP that is in such need... I believe it is the county.  But Jo Co voters haven't wanted to pay for anything for quite some time.
(06-30-2016, 03:52 PM)tvguy Wrote:

But, no...

I think your on to something,  The whole squad car could get sponsors, wheels, gas, oil, etc.
Maybe a reality show could fork up some bucks for a live feed.
Bad boys, what cha gonna do.

But, no...

It's not the banks job to pay for cops. It's the banks job to promote itself and make money. Why would anyone pay for services the people that live there should pay for? 

When a company does a good thing, I don't think looking for things you think are more important they could have spent their money on is the right response. The right response is thank you.

But, no...

Private industry or individuals directly paying/sponsoring public police....really bad idea. Can you imagine the possibilities/accusations of corruption?
(07-11-2016, 09:59 AM)Lucy Wrote:

But, no...

Private industry or individuals directly paying/sponsoring public police....really bad idea. Can you imagine the possibilities/accusations of corruption?
Lucy! Where you been? Good seing your thoughts posted on this space. 

And of course you are right. Sponsoring our police force by private funds from organizations that are "for profit" is a bad idea.
But, you kown what? 
We ALREADY have more private "cops" than those on public payrolls.  Wink 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...00665.html
(07-11-2016, 10:15 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

But, no...

And of course you are right. Sponsoring our police force by private funds from organizations that are "for profit" is a bad idea.
But, you kown what? 

Wonky, I'm too busy for all the nonsense that goes on here Big Grin  I may check in from time to time though...just to keep you all on your toes.
(07-20-2016, 09:29 AM)Lucy Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 03:37 PM)tvguy Wrote: I'm assuming the bank thinks the advertising they will get will help with what I see is a generous donation for a good cause.

But, you kown what? 

Wonky, I'm too busy for all the nonsense that goes on here Big Grin  I may check in from time to time though...just to keep you all on your toes.

Busy is good.
(06-30-2016, 03:37 PM)tvguy Wrote: I'm assuming the bank thinks the advertising they will get will help with what I see is a generous donation for a good cause.

But, you kown what? 

Thanks for the attention, not necessarily deserved. 
I think you have a plan! Check in from time to time see what's happening with folks we have known for some time. 
Truth is, we all need social interaction, and this is SO easy...can do it in my boxer shorts if I want. (TRY NOT TO PICTURE THAT! I'M NOT A YOUNG GUY ANYMORE) 

And I can't live without knowing how Clete is doing with his eggplants. Parmesan anyone?
(07-20-2016, 09:07 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-30-2016, 03:43 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: It is a good cause. But JoCo has GREAT CAUSE needs. The bank could be a good corporate citizen and pay some cops that might have an Evergreen Federal Bank patch on the uniform. 

But, you kown what? 

I think you have a plan! Check in from time to time see what's happening with folks we have known for some time. 
Truth is, we all need social interaction, and this is SO easy...can do it in my boxer shorts if I want. (TRY NOT TO PICTURE THAT! I'M NOT A YOUNG GUY ANYMORE) 

And I can't live without knowing how Clete is doing with his eggplants. Parmesan anyone?
The eggplants are slow maturing this year. I will post a few photos soon of some unusual varieties. I bet you can hardly wait.
(07-20-2016, 09:32 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(07-20-2016, 09:07 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 09:59 AM)Lucy Wrote:  Private industry or individuals directly paying/sponsoring public police....really bad idea. Can you imagine the possibilities/accusations of corruption?

But, you kown what? 

The eggplants are slow maturing this year. I will post a few photos soon of some unusual varieties. I bet you can hardly wait.

Pins and needles! I may give up beef steaks and make eggplant my go-to choice for protein. 
Naw...I doubt it. 
But a good parmesan eggplant every 8 or 10 years is something I look forwad to.