Hillary Has A Problem.
So. The FBI is not going to put Mrs. Clinton in the slammer, but suggested she came very close to wearing the orange jump suit. 

It will be interesting to see how she gets out in front of this. She best fess up and ask for forgiveness. There WERE classifed emails on her server. 

Damn Hillary! You are facing the biggest jerk in modern politcs and you carry this kind of baggage? Not good.
(07-06-2016, 09:17 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: The FBI is not going to put Mrs. Clinton in the slammer, but suggested she came very close to wearing the orange jump suit. 

I don't think that's what they said at all.
No, they basically said, this does not set a precedent for anyone's whose last name is not Clinton that you would be prosecuted for mis-handling classified info, but she gets a pass for obvious reasons. Case closed, thanks for playing.
She didn't do anything prosecutable .
Simple fact.
(07-06-2016, 11:23 AM)bbqboy Wrote: She didn't do anything prosecutable .
Simple fact.

but he also said that doesn't mean it's not Prosecutable should someone else do the same. It's just no "reasonable prosecutor would bring a case against her" but anyone else could clearly be fair game. It pays to be a corrupt Clinton, plain and simple.
(07-06-2016, 11:32 AM)GPnative Wrote:
Simple fact.

but he also said that doesn't mean it's not Prosecutable should someone else do the same. It's just no "reasonable prosecutor would bring a case against her" but anyone else could clearly be fair game. It pays to be a corrupt Clinton, plain and simple.

Corrupt? That's a little harsh maybe. Does Mrs. Clintons take advantage of every political crack in the system? Yep. 

And, BBQ, you may be right, but she claimed to have never used her private server for secure and classifed stuff. She did. I call that a narrow escape.

Hey...I'm going to vote for her. Or to put it another way, I'm NOT about to vote for Trump. She is smart, capable, experienced, knows political infighting, and I think she will be a good administrator. She won't get much done either way unless the Senate gains some more Democrats. Even then, the House will shut everything down. So, while she might not get much done, I doubt she will mess up a lot of things. 

At least she is not a true-blue dyed in the wool complete nut job. That other option is. And THAT is scary!
(07-06-2016, 11:47 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
Simple fact.

Corrupt? That's a little harsh maybe. Does Mrs. Clintons take advantage of every political crack in the system? Yep. 

And, BBQ, you may be right, but she claimed to have never used her private server for secure and classifed stuff. She did. I call that a narrow escape.

Hey...I'm going to vote for her. Or to put it another way, I'm NOT about to vote for Trump. She is smart, capable, experienced, knows political infighting, and I think she will be a good administrator. She won't get much done either way unless the Senate gains some more Democrats. Even then, the House will shut everything down. So, while she might not get much done, I doubt she will mess up a lot of things. 

At least she is not a true-blue dyed in the wool complete nut job. That other option is. And THAT is scary!

corrupt....too harsh? Surely you jest.... (no I am not calling you shirley)
(07-06-2016, 12:01 PM)GPnative Wrote:
Simple fact.

Laughing Thanks for not calling me Shirley.

But words have meanings and we have to consider that. She is a political player, and they simply don't come without some dirt...any of them. But corrupt? 

corrupt |kəˈrəpt| adjectivehaving or showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain: unscrupulous logging companies assisted by corrupt officials.• evil or morally depraved: the play can do no harm since its audience is already corrupt.• archaic (of organic or inorganic matter) in a state of decay; rotten or putrid: a corrupt and rotting corpse.
(07-06-2016, 12:06 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
Simple fact.

But words have meanings and we have to consider that. She is a political player, and they simply don't come without some dirt...any of them. But corrupt? 

corrupt |kəˈrəpt| adjectivehaving or showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain: unscrupulous logging companies assisted by corrupt officials.• evil or morally depraved: the play can do no harm since its audience is already corrupt.• archaic (of organic or inorganic matter) in a state of decay; rotten or putrid: a corrupt and rotting corpse.

You're right....I need to find a stronger word, corrupt is too tame.
(07-06-2016, 12:23 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(07-06-2016, 12:06 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-06-2016, 11:32 AM)GPnative Wrote: but he also said that doesn't mean it's not Prosecutable should someone else do the same. It's just no "reasonable prosecutor would bring a case against her" but anyone else could clearly be fair game. It pays to be a corrupt Clinton, plain and simple.

You're right....I need to find a stronger word, corrupt is too tame.
I wonder about "arrogant". It seems typical of people who have achieved a certain status to adopt an attiude of entitlement. It seems that almost anyone who has achived "high office", public or private, gets exposed in some way and we see their warts. 

Looking back, I wonder if Jimmy Carter was an exception?  Maybe Warren Buffett? The Pope? O.J. Simpson? (Hey! The glove did NOT fit!)
Simple fact.

LOL No it's NOT "plain and simple" by ANY stretch of the imagination. The republicans have had a witch hunt for her since the day she entered politics. The same with Clinton ,Gore and Kerry.
Mud slinging is what they do best.
What about Benghazi?? She didn't do anything wrong after ANOTHER witch hunt . Do you think the investigation that cleared her matters to all of the republicans who still call her a murderer?

Hell no they just go on and claim everything is "rigged" Trumps words.
(07-06-2016, 11:18 AM)GPnative Wrote: No, they basically said, this does not set a precedent for anyone's whose last name is not Clinton that you would be prosecuted for mis-handling classified info, but she gets a pass for obvious reasons. Case closed, thanks for playing.

Lets see that quoted. Oh wait you said "basically" That allows you to editorialize I guess but you still act as if you are stating facts.

What IF we go with facts? How about the FACT that she isn't being prosecuted because they don't have enough on her.That is a FACT.
(07-06-2016, 03:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-06-2016, 11:18 AM)GPnative Wrote: No, they basically said, this does not set a precedent for anyone's whose last name is not Clinton that you would be prosecuted for mis-handling classified info, but she gets a pass for obvious reasons. Case closed, thanks for playing.

Lets see that quoted. Oh wait you said "basically" That allows you to editorialize I guess but you still act as if you are stating facts.

What IF we go with facts? How about the FACT that she isn't being prosecuted because they don't have enough on her.That is a FACT.

Comey didn't want to have a fatal "accident".  It may just be an opinion, not a fact, but I think quite accurate.
(07-06-2016, 04:30 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Comey didn't want to have a fatal "accident".  It may just be an opinion, not a fact, but I think quite accurate.

Well there are opinions (Elvis was a great actor) and then there are INFORMED opinions. It does seem curious that the FBI folks said "People can be prosecuted for emailing classified information" but they didn't feel they could make a "case" to take her to trial. Still not all that clear to me. 
Somebody here explain this so a hillbilly like me can understand it.
With the kkklintons it's not who they know, it's who they'll kill.
(07-06-2016, 06:50 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: With the kkklintons it's not who they know, it's who they'll kill.

You have an unnatural fixation on them. You  should see someone about that.

This whole fucking thread topic is based on editorializing, but good job honing in on my post about it.

Oh, and I stand by my post. That is the message comey sent, loud and clear.
(07-06-2016, 04:30 PM)Hugo Wrote: Comey didn't want to have a fatal "accident".  It may just be an opinion, not a fact, but I think quite accurate.

So when does the man/boy get told to sit down?  Laughing
So, during the early morning hours I had a dream. But, I don't think I was asleep. I had been listening to more propaganda ( Smiling) on NPR and this thing about Hillary Clintons problem with the emails may not go away. Even my good friends on Morning Edition are wondering about the decision the FBI and Attorney Generals office have made. Granted...Morning Editon is only repeating the comments of pundits in the Beltway, but these are pundits of all stripes. This is a story that has legs. 

So, in my wakeful dream I saw  Hillary being led away toward the dungeons and there on the podiium in the bright lights of the national spotlight were Elizebeth Warren and her choice for VP, Bernie Sanders, arms rasied to the cheering crowds in front of them, smiling the wide toothy smiles of politcians running toward victory. 

Eat your heart out Donald.
It's certainly not over and she knows it, that is why she won't speak to this issue when asked.