Wonky Plays the Uke
I think you NEED to know this. 

Well, I kind of play it. I bought a Concert size ukelee and this cute little do-hicky that clips on the head and tells you how to tune each string. 

I can now play (and sing) 'This Land Is My Land, This Land...") 

And nothing else. 

Each eveing after dinner I ask Mrs. Wonky if she would like to hear "This Land is..." 
Well...
Strange as it may seem, she ALWAYS says "not tonight". She says it with a kind of quick sharp tone. I'm not sure what that means. Just because I've done it, like, 108 times during the day...
But, I didn't fall of the turnip truck yesterday!
At night I lock it up. 

Someday soon I hope to upload a video to You Tube so all of you can enjoy watching and hearing it. It's a great American song, and I do Woody Guthrie proud. I will have it up for a week free of charge and start demanding payment after that. 

I'm working on "You are my sunshine" but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to handle this one. Too many chords. I think I'm more of a three chord guy. 

But if I do, I'll upload it too.

You guys are so lucky I have talent! AND I'm willing to share! How great is that!
(07-06-2016, 04:10 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I think you NEED to know this. 

Well, I kind of play it. I bought a Concert size ukelee and this cute little do-hicky that clips on the head and tells you how to tune each string. 

And nothing else. 

Each eveing after dinner I ask Mrs. Wonky if she would like to hear "This Land is..." 
Well...
Strange as it may seem, she ALWAYS says "not tonight". She says it with a kind of quick sharp tone. I'm not sure what that means. Just because I've done it, like, 108 times during the day...
At night I lock it up. 

Someday soon I hope to upload a video to You Tube so all of you can enjoy watching and hearing it. It's a great American song, and I do Woody Guthrie proud. I will have it up for a week free of charge and start demanding payment after that. 

I'm working on "You are my sunshine" but I'm not sure I'm going to be able to handle this one. Too many chords. I think I'm more of a three chord guy. 

You guys are so lucky I have talent! AND I'm willing to share! How great is that!

I think you were PUSHED off the turnip truck Big Grin

Anyway I hope you are serious about having a YUke ah Lay lee.

I have one of the do hicks that clips on and tunes. I bought it years ago. Now I see pros using them.
My 6 year old grandgirl started taking Uke lessons 3 weeks ago.  She's loving it.  They're coming for dinner next Wednesday, so I'll get to hear her play.
(07-06-2016, 04:19 PM)Scrapper Wrote: My 6 year old grandgirl started taking Uke lessons 3 weeks ago.  She's loving it.  They're coming for dinner next Wednesday, so I'll get to hear her play.

Probably good to start them early.On the other hand both my sisters got piano lessons that I was never offered.Mom liked them best Sad
Guess who out of the three of us still plays music Razz
(07-06-2016, 04:15 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-06-2016, 04:10 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I think you NEED to know this. 

And nothing else. 

Well...
At night I lock it up. 

I think you were PUSHED off the turnip truck Big Grin

Anyway I hope you are serious about having a YUke ah Lay lee.

I have one of the do hicks that clips on and tunes. I bought it years ago. Now I see pros using them.

You been readin' my mail. I WAS pushed off the turnip truck. Some folks just don't like good conversation and a few pointers now and then.  :blush

I did buy the Uke. More fun than a box of puppies! I have NO natural talent, but I'm having fun. And the "Super Snark" that allows for the tune-up is cool beyond belief. My goal is to play "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" like the big fat Samoan guy.

[video=youtube]http:/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I[/video]
Big Fat DEAD guy.
I think Wonky already posted his first song. He's just shy.   Big Grin 

(07-06-2016, 06:26 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I think Wonky already posted his first song. He's just shy.   Big Grin 

Yeah, but give him this...He was a guy who figured out how to make a living without ever breaking a sweat. And, married a cute little shapely girl. What he did with her is anyones guess.
My daughter just recently started taking uke lessons and has been practicing every night, so far she really enjoys it. Any music ability she has comes from her mom's side of the family, Me, I can't carry a tune in a bucket and can't even play a kazoo. Which as a music lover is really too bad, I wish I had musical ability, but it's just not there, I've tried.

I'm curious about your tuning device, can you post an Amazon link for it?
(07-07-2016, 08:26 AM)GPnative Wrote: My daughter just recently started taking uke lessons and has been practicing every night, so far she really enjoys it. Any music ability she has comes from her mom's side of the family, Me, I can't carry a tune in a bucket and can't even play a kazoo.  Which as a music lover is really too bad, I wish I had musical ability, but it's just not there, I've tried.

Hope this works.

https://www.amazon.com/Snark-Super-Clip-...nark+tuner
(07-07-2016, 08:35 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 08:26 AM)GPnative Wrote: My daughter just recently started taking uke lessons and has been practicing every night, so far she really enjoys it. Any music ability she has comes from her mom's side of the family, Me, I can't carry a tune in a bucket and can't even play a kazoo.  Which as a music lover is really too bad, I wish I had musical ability, but it's just not there, I've tried.

Hope this works.

Got it, Thanks.

Hell, Super Snark is my nickname.
(07-07-2016, 08:43 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Hope this works.

Got it, Thanks.

Well maybe...but TVg had it first. He got it in Junior High when we was caught many times sniffing girls bicycle seats.  Embarrassed
(07-07-2016, 08:50 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Hope this works.

Got it, Thanks.

Well maybe...but TVg had it first. He got it in Junior High when we was caught many times sniffing girls bicycle seats.  Embarrassed

You are so full of shit I can't believe you would tell lies like that for all to see. It wasn't Junior high it was high school. Mad
(07-07-2016, 05:06 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 08:50 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Hope this works.

Got it, Thanks.

You are so full of shit I can't believe you would tell lies like that for all to see. It wasn't Junior high it was high school. Mad
Yeah, I remember now...you matured late.  Laughing 

About the Snark Tunner...I'm so impressed with how that thing works! I never claimed to be a science guy, but marvel at all science has given us, and this is just another example of a simple little device that works wonders. Vibrations in the key of C...too clever by half!