We're number one, we're number one
Quote:Grants Pass and Josephine County Lead State with Highest Rate of Stolen Vehicles
Grants Pass residents are concerned about the high rate of stolen cars in the surrounding area and federal officials say they should be.

Statistics from the National Insurance Crime Bureau show the city ranks first in the state in stolen cars. The statistics include all of Josephine County as well.

The rate for the Grants Pass “metro” area last year was just over 467 cars stolen per 100,000 residents. The local area ranks just above Portland for the highest rate in the state.
http://www.kajo.com/news/local/stories.p...5&ucat=2,4
(07-09-2016, 10:07 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Grants Pass and Josephine County Lead State with Highest Rate of Stolen Vehicles
Grants Pass residents are concerned about the high rate of stolen cars in the surrounding area and federal officials say they should be.

Statistics from the National Insurance Crime Bureau show the city ranks first in the state in stolen cars. The statistics include all of Josephine County as well.

The rate for the Grants Pass “metro” area last year was just over 467 cars stolen per 100,000 residents. The local area ranks just above Portland for the highest rate in the state.

Yes but how many of those stolen cars were Simon Hare's?

Just think of all the police department budget money being saved.   Razz
(07-09-2016, 10:24 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

My guess is that car thieves are the kind of people that will (and do) commit other crimes. Next time, that car thief might be coming through your back door, high on meth, and looking for anyting valuable you have. What he does while in your house is anyones guess. 

All communities should be able to fund a reasonably sized police force. Stolen cars are the least of our worries.
(07-09-2016, 10:32 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

My guess is that car thieves are the kind of people that will (and do) commit other crimes. Next time, that car thief might be coming through your back door, high on meth, and looking for anyting valuable you have. What he does while in your house is anyones guess. 

All communities should be able to fund a reasonably sized police force. Stolen cars are the least of our worries.

They should only be paid up to four times min wage.  (because most working people in JC only make min wage.)

at  $80,000 per year and 5.8 million budget we should have 72 officers for the sheriff dept
(07-09-2016, 10:45 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 10:32 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

They should only be paid up to four times min wage.  (because most working people in JC only make min wage.)

at  $80,000 per year and 5.8 million budget we should have 72 officers for the sheriff dept

That's ignoring all other costs like buildings, automobiles, utilities, training, radios, computers... all that stuff. Not really disagreeing with you just pointing out that the officer count will be much less for that budget.
So you want cops to make what a grocery clerk makes?
You'll get unprofessional Barney Fifes.
(07-09-2016, 11:04 AM)bbqboy Wrote: So you want cops to make what a grocery clerk makes?

I don't know if you're asking me or Chuck?
(07-09-2016, 11:19 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 11:04 AM)bbqboy Wrote: So you want cops to make what a grocery clerk makes?

He refuses to use the reply feature so.............

Grocery clerks don't make $80,000 / year.

Lucky if they make $40,000

(like we don't already have Barney Fifes)
(07-09-2016, 11:23 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-09-2016, 11:19 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

He refuses to use the reply feature so.............
He uses a Apple 1, and it won't allow the reply feature.  Razz 
I mean, there must be SOME reason.